lolhahaha

CFO GCP appt. AM/PM option????

19 posts in this topic

My fiance has made an appointment on their website twice now. There doesn't appear to be any option for AM/PM and it just automatically gives you an AM appt. We weren't sure the first time if maybe she just didn't see it but now the 2nd time I did the sign up myself and saw the same thing. You choose a date and that's it, then fill out the forms after verifying through email. You can't specify which slot you want AM/PM. If you can choose well then neither of us saw that option either time we looked at those pages. We even did it in IE like they said after doing it the first time on her tablet.

After doing it the first time we printed out the paper and it said AM appt, which we cannot attend because of her appt with the embassy in the morning the same day. So she emailed someone who ended up sending her request to change from AM to PM to another 1/2 a dozen people and in the end somebody sent her an email which pretty much went like: "So you want me to cancel your appt or not?" This was 4 days later after days of emails back and forth just to get information on how to change her appt so she said well if you can't change the appointment then I need to make another one so yeah cancel it then. Then today we made a new one, which also is going to be in the AM slot because there is no way to choose PM while siging up at all.

My question is how does anybody schedule for a PM appt for the GCP?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

My fiance has made an appointment on their website twice now. There doesn't appear to be any option for AM/PM and it just automatically gives you an AM appt. We weren't sure the first time if maybe she just didn't see it but now the 2nd time I did the sign up myself and saw the same thing. You choose a date and that's it, then fill out the forms after verifying through email. You can't specify which slot you want AM/PM. If you can choose well then neither of us saw that option either time we looked at those pages. We even did it in IE like they said after doing it the first time on her tablet.

After doing it the first time we printed out the paper and it said AM appt, which we cannot attend because of her appt with the embassy in the morning the same day. So she emailed someone who ended up sending her request to change from AM to PM to another 1/2 a dozen people and in the end somebody sent her an email which pretty much went like: "So you want me to cancel your appt or not?" This was 4 days later after days of emails back and forth just to get information on how to change her appt so she said well if you can't change the appointment then I need to make another one so yeah cancel it then. Then today we made a new one, which also is going to be in the AM slot because there is no way to choose PM while siging up at all.

CFO appt system always schedules for morning, as you have already found .. repeatedly.    What they want is for everyone to show up to complete registration then it is "first come, first served" as to who gets the morning session and who has to come back for the afternoon session  .... Welcome to the Philippines.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

My first appointment was on September 24th/monday, i was able to choose AM session, but because of the bad traffic, i got late and asked to make a new appointment, i registered again and got my appointment date on the 31st of October/Wednesday, this time,it didn't let me choose  AM or PM session, i got pm session .. some people said it depends on what day you chose to come .. but I'm not very sure if it's true .. 

16 hours ago, Lagertha said:

My first appointment was on September 24th/monday, i was able to choose AM session, but because of the bad traffic, i got late and asked to make a new appointment, i registered again and got my appointment date on the 31st of October/Wednesday, this time,it didn't let me choose  AM or PM session, i got pm session .. some people said it depends on what day you chose to come .. but I'm not very sure if it's true .. 

So the first time you did it there was an option to click on to choose AM or PM?

We never saw that. All that we could choose was the date, then it says check your email, then after clicking on the link in the email it sent us to a page to fill out all the information they require. Then after saving that information the page changes to the page you print out with the Date and ours just automatically said AM.

No choice at all but if the website had informed us of that before making the appt. we would have just chosen a different date because we have to be at the embassy in the morning. Even after telling them by email that we needed to cancel and do it again because we needed the PM they never answered the question of how do we get a PM appointment. This was after my fiance sent emails to 6-7 different people. It's like they don't even know, and they also obviously don't know how to change an appt from AM to PM and will just instead cancel your appt. So just a heads up for anybody doing this in the future expecting to be able to choose the time of the Appt.

Since we have another week until our Embassy Appt. maybe we can keep cancelling the appt and trying again over and over again until we finally get the PM time that we need. Or maybe somebody there would get tired of reading the emails and get a clue after a while. But either way I don't think they would ever fix the website. It still requires obsolete Internet Explorer after all.

In Cebu everyone had to show up at 8am, fill out some paperwork and jabber. That took about 2 hours. Then everyone came back after lunch for more jabbering and the interview. Done around 4pm and she was the first one interviewed. I suppose because they knew her Kano was waiting outside)))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Sounds about right. Lets meet up for some jibber jabber then leave for several hours and come back for another session in order to burn the entire day. It wouldn't make sense to just get it over with asap. Apparently Manila does it different though but I'm sure they don't slack off on the jabbering session. They just have a lot more customers and can't waste your entire day there.

We ended up canceling the 2nd appointment that we had no choice but to go in at AM and apparently can't be changed, then we made another one on the following day, the 29th of Nov. Our embassy appt is AM on the 28th. Would have been nice to knock out both the same day then gtfo of that area. But nope, that would be too simple for the Philippines. The interesting thing to me though is after rescheduling on the 29th we ended up with the PM session that we wanted on the 28th anyway. They probably just like wasting your time but whatever, we are staying in Manila wasting time until she gets her passport returned with or without her visa. We decided that her mailing address without a street or # isn't going to work and we need to get the sticker from the CFO anyway. That way we can fly out of Iloilo when we leave in January instead of having to return to Manila just to pick it up from their office, which would be even more of a waste of time and who doesn't hate the Manila Airport???

7 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

We decided that her mailing address without a street or # isn't going to work 

R has no street address either. I asked her if she ever gets mail. She said she can only remember her family receiving one letter delivered directly to their house. She is 31))) 

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

Sounds about right. Lets meet up for some jibber jabber then leave for several hours and come back for another session in order to burn the entire day. It wouldn't make sense to just get it over with asap. Apparently Manila does it different though but I'm sure they don't slack off on the jabbering session. They just have a lot more customers and can't waste your entire day there.

We ended up canceling the 2nd appointment that we had no choice but to go in at AM and apparently can't be changed, then we made another one on the following day, the 29th of Nov. Our embassy appt is AM on the 28th. Would have been nice to knock out both the same day then gtfo of that area. But nope, that would be too simple for the Philippines. The interesting thing to me though is after rescheduling on the 29th we ended up with the PM session that we wanted on the 28th anyway. They probably just like wasting your time but whatever, we are staying in Manila wasting time until she gets her passport returned with or without her visa. We decided that her mailing address without a street or # isn't going to work and we need to get the sticker from the CFO anyway. That way we can fly out of Iloilo when we leave in January instead of having to return to Manila just to pick it up from their office, which would be even more of a waste of time and who doesn't hate the Manila Airport???

You can get the CFO sticker at any of the 4 CFO offices, no matter which office you completed the seminar.   Just a thought if it helps.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

20 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You can get the CFO sticker at any of the 4 CFO offices, no matter which office you completed the seminar.   Just a thought if it helps.

Yeah it's just that its a flight for us to any of the 4 from Iloilo so we should just stay and get it. Hopefully the embassy doesn't hold onto her passport for a month otherwise she'll want to go home before Christmas lol.

The thing is we can fly from Iloilo to Hong Kong to the US without even touching Manila Airport as long as we have the sticker.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, lolhahaha said:

Yeah it's just that its a flight for us to any of the 4 from Iloilo so we should just stay and get it. Hopefully the embassy doesn't hold onto her passport for a month otherwise she'll want to go home before Christmas lol.

The thing is we can fly from Iloilo to Hong Kong to the US without even touching Manila Airport as long as we have the sticker.

Once the interview is done you will need to watch CEAC status, once it shows ISSUED it can be 3-10 more days.   If you are picking the visa package at  MOA it will be more like 3 days.  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

13 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Once the interview is done you will need to watch CEAC status, once it shows ISSUED it can be 3-10 more days.   If you are picking the visa package at  MOA it will be more like 3 days.  ;)  

The only thing I'm not sure on is if we can pick it up or have to get the 2go person to pick it up and then pick it up at their location. I think we have to change our address to pickup at 2go but I'm not sure about that yet.

Timeline
Just now, lolhahaha said:

The only thing I'm not sure on is if we can pick it up or have to get the 2go person to pick it up and then pick it up at their location. I think we have to change our address to pickup at 2go but I'm not sure about that yet.

You can not pick-up the visa at the embassy.   All visa packages are delivered by 2GO.   You can arrange for pickup at MOA (Mall of Asia), this is done on your dashboard in the Visa Delivery Section, this is the quickest way to receive your visa.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 11/22/2018 at 8:11 PM, Hank_ said:

You can not pick-up the visa at the embassy.   All visa packages are delivered by 2GO.   You can arrange for pickup at MOA (Mall of Asia), this is done on your dashboard in the Visa Delivery Section, this is the quickest way to receive your visa.

We're going to be staying near Megamall so hopefully there is a place there too.

Timeline
7 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

We're going to be staying near Megamall so hopefully there is a place there too.

MegaMall?  Which one ?     MOA is on the bay just done from the embassy.    Whichever you choose for pick up, make sure you have it listed in your delivery info before your interview.    (officially you have up to 24 hrs after the interview to update your delivery info)

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-documentdelivery.asp

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.