Jump to content
ChrisDC

Interview in Philly this Friday (same-sex marriage)

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

 

    My citizenship interview is scheduled for this Friday in Philadelphia. Since I've applied for citizenship based on marriage (same-sex), I'm going to bring several proofs of evidence of my four years wedding as I did for the removal of conditions on my greencard. I studied thoroughly for the civic/history and English test. Any particular recommendations? Thanks! (Until a few days ago I was very cool about it, but now I feel a bit nervous and anxious 😓).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ChrisDC,

 

it is a great moment to have a citizenship interview!

 

I wish you a smooth and quick process!

 

We are also same-sex couple 👭. Every couple's experience is different. We did not have friendly experience with USCIS. However, USCIS should not discriminate based on sexual orientation. If you experience any issue, feel free to contact Ombudsman office as well as your Congressman or other local officials.

 

Wish you best of luck 😊🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiolas said:

Hello ChrisDC,

 

it is a great moment to have a citizenship interview!

 

I wish you a smooth and quick process!

 

We are also same-sex couple 👭. Every couple's experience is different. We did not have friendly experience with USCIS. However, USCIS should not discriminate based on sexual orientation. If you experience any issue, feel free to contact Ombudsman office as well as your Congressman or other local officials.

 

Wish you best of luck 😊🙏

Helo Kiolas, 

 

 Thanks for your response! Getting a biased USCIS officer is eactly my fear. I hope it is not going to happen.  Would you mind telling more about your experience? 

 

Good luck to you too! 

 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kiolas said:

@ChrisDC

Not sure you want to read this 😂 ...Yeah, this is our story-nightmare:

 

 

I want to read it. I’m sure Chris does, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 10:46 PM, Diane and Chris said:

I want to read it. I’m sure Chris does, too. 

Sorry that it took me a while to respond to your message, but I had a few very intensive weeks. I'm very sorry about your nightmare, and I hope you will be able to get your citizenship soon. My interview went very smoothly and this morning I took the oath. I'm now officialy a US citizen! Good Luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ChrisDC said:

Sorry that it took me a while to respond to your message, but I had a few very intensive weeks. I'm very sorry about your nightmare, and I hope you will be able to get your citizenship soon. My interview went very smoothly and this morning I took the oath. I'm now officialy a US citizen! Good Luck! 

Congratulations!  🎉🎈 We are all so happy for you!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChrisDC Congratulations! :dance:I'm glad to hear really awesome news from you👍

I wish you & your family a great success💕

and thank you for your kind words, once I hear anything new - I will post in my thread about it.

Edited by Kiolas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×