beaubeast

PERU Vaccinations medical appointment

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi there. We are about to start our process. I've read so many posts about the Melichor (or something like that) doctor , saying she pretty much FORCES you to get the vaccines there with her clinic at a VERY HIGH COST.

1* Is there anyone who had the vaccines OUTSIDE her Clinic (other clinics, MINSA, etc) ?

2* Which vaccines are mandatory for the K1 visa ( I read somewhere influenza, tb, hepatitis and neumococo, true?) ?

Thank you so very much!

Dee

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, beaubeast said:

I've read so many posts about the Melichor (or something like that) doctor , saying she pretty much FORCES you to get the vaccines there with her clinic at a VERY HIGH COST.

1* Is there anyone who had the vaccines OUTSIDE her Clinic (other clinics, MINSA, etc) ?

Dr. Viviana Melinchon is only one of three options. Have you considered one of the other approved doctors? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LMA_Lima.html#med_exam_instructions:

Medical examination results from other physicians will not be accepted.

Approved Physicians

Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Anglo Americana Clinic

Av. Alfredo Salazar 350,

San Isidro, Lima 27

Tel: 222-2192 and 616-8900, anexos 1450 - 1451 and 1458

Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30 am to 11:30 am, and Mondays and Fridays 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm

Email: examenmedicousa@gmail.com

Dr. Claudia Lozada

Anglo American Clinic Av. Alfredo Salazar 314, Fifth FL.,

Office 502, Torre de Consultorios

Tel: 959-141-654 (claro), 970-970-523 (movistar), 222-1073 and 616-8900 ext. 4053 (landlines)

Hours: Monday – Saturday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm,

Dr. Viviana Melinchon

Av. Benavides 1579, Ofic. 804, Miraflores

Tel: 447-3654, 966-663-855, and 965-768-524

Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 2:00pm and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Saturdays 9:00 am to 12:00 pm

1 hour ago, beaubeast said:

2* Which vaccines are mandatory for the K1 visa ( I read somewhere influenza, tb, hepatitis and neumococo, true?) ?

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/laws-regs/vaccination-immigration/revised-vaccination-immigration-faq.html#whatvaccines:

What vaccines are required for U.S. immigration?

At this time,* vaccines for these diseases are currently required for U.S. immigration:

• Mumps
  • Measles
  • Rubella
  • Polio
  • Tetanus and diphtheria
  • Pertussis
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Rotavirus
  • Meningococcal disease
  • Varicella
  • Pneumococcal disease
  • Seasonal influenza

*On December 14, 2009, the human papillomavirus (HPV) and zoster vaccines were removed from the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants. All other vaccinations on this list remain.

Any future vaccines recommended by ACIP for the general U.S. public will be subject to the new vaccination criteria. If the recommended vaccines fit the new criteria, they will be added to the list of required vaccines for immigrant applicants.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 1:12 AM, TM92 said:

You are so very kind. 

I understand the medical examinations from other physicians won't be accepted. What I was thinking is if I could have te vaccines given to me ahead of time (somewhere else) and then get the appointment with the authorized physicians so as to not have to have to pay so much money for vaccines that are almost free outside.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.