SJ_Ulloa

I-134 Question

24 posts in this topic

I am going over my I-134 to make sure all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed. I realized that I did not place anything in the spaces that did not apply to me. I know with the I-129f form in the empty spaces I wrote "none" or "n/a". Should I also go back in and do this for the AOS form as well? Is there a difference if I write "n/a" vs "none"? 

Also in the section where is asks about assets/ savings under Part 3- I do not have assets but I make more than enough annually to support my fiance. Do I need to list what is in my savings at this time? Right now there is barely anything there as I have been using that to afford this process. Can I leave that blank or will this get flagged? 

Lastly - in Sept I took a promotion at work- increasing my hourly and annual income. I did explain this in detail on the additional information section on the last page, but want to make sure that is acceptable as I listed what my new annual income would be going forward- but clearly that would not be what I bring in this year. 

Any clarity on these would be appreciated. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

I am going over my I-134 to make sure all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed. I realized that I did not place anything in the spaces that did not apply to me. I know with the I-129f form in the empty spaces I wrote "none" or "n/a". Should I also go back in and do this for the AOS form as well? Is there a difference if I write "n/a" vs "none"? 

Also in the section where is asks about assets/ savings under Part 3- I do not have assets but I make more than enough annually to support my fiance. Do I need to list what is in my savings at this time? Right now there is barely anything there as I have been using that to afford this process. Can I leave that blank or will this get flagged? 

Lastly - in Sept I took a promotion at work- increasing my hourly and annual income. I did explain this in detail on the additional information section on the last page, but want to make sure that is acceptable as I listed what my new annual income would be going forward- but clearly that would not be what I bring in this year. 

Any clarity on these would be appreciated. 

Either is fine. We left things blank but N/A is fine.

No you don't have to list assets if using income, especially if nothing much to show. I'd only say list it as 'extra' if substantial amount.

Annual income used will be from last years W2, not future projection for this year. Not how it works. While you have a promotion, use the new income as evidence with pay stubs, and sure I guess you can explain you got a raise, but for the annual amount earned you have to use the amount from 2017, not future estimates.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

I'm gonna wait and see what others comment.  I've heard that even though people bring the income info to interview, Consul do not ask for it nor is it necessary to bring at the K1 level.

also, can tax transcripts be provided instead of tax returns? transcript is less pages and more concise.

Catherine.

Edited by Catherine6

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

No you don't have to list assets if using income, especially if nothing much to show. I'd only say list it as 'extra' if substantial amount.

Annual income used will be from last years W2, not future projection for this year. Not how it works. While you have a promotion, use the new income as evidence with pay stubs, and sure I guess you can explain you got a raise, but for the annual amount earned you have to use the amount from 2017, not future estimates.

Last year's income only shows a trend, next year's income is irrelevant.   What is important is CURRENT income.   That is how it works 

1 minute ago, Catherine6 said:

I'm gonna wait and see what others comment.  I've heard that even though people bring the income info to interview, Consul do not ask for it nor is it necessary to bring at the K1 level.

Catherine.

Embassy specific.   

YMMV

Timeline

Exactly what I was saying, future "projections" are just estimates, they want to see what you actually earned.

02/03/2017 - Married 

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Last year's income only shows a trend, next year's income is irrelevant.   What is important is CURRENT income.   That is how it works 

Embassy specific.   

Yes, OP embassy is DR...so is the one we are using and the comments I've read pertain to that embassy.

16 minutes ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

Part 3- I do not have assets but I make more than enough annually to support my fiance. Do I need to list what is in my savings at this time? Right now there is barely anything there as I have been using that to afford this process. Can I leave that blank or will this get flagged? 

The CO will determine if what you make is more than enough income or not. I'm assuming you meant you make above the minimum requirement.

You don't need to list assets if your income is sufficient for the CO. I don't know the details of your circumstances but I would assume you would know if what you make is reasonable for 2 people to live on in your area so as to not become a public charge.

7 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

I disagree with this. The form asks for current income, which is what you make in a year's time. Tax returns and what you will make this tax year don't reflect that.

For instance, if I work Jan-Jun and then get laid off, my current income is $0 despite what I made previously.

If I don't work Jan-Jun but get hired in July at $50k/year, my current income is $50k/year still.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not talking about projections as in expecting to get a raise or something. I mean weekly paystub * 52 (if expected employment is all year) = current income.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

Exactly what I was saying, future "projections" are just estimates, they want to see what you actually earned.

My point is that 2017 w2s are not as important as your last paystub.

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

also, can tax transcripts be provided instead of tax returns? transcript is less pages and more concise.

Catherine.

As noted this is embassy specific and up to the CO. Philippines is known to not bother looking; but they can so always be prepared.

Some CO's have been known other places to not ask; but they review the petitioner's work history from the intial I-129f petition, so if someone works as a pharmacist for last 5 years, probably not going to ask... but if they have had 3 different jobs as a cashier somewhere, probably gonna ask to see the I-134.

02/03/2017 - Married 

6 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Thank You- I have included about 7 pay stubs showing that I have had had consistent income with the same employer and it notes the change in pay.  I will adjust the annual amount I have listed to coincide with last years annual income. 

Thank You :) 

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

My point is that 2017 w2s are not as important as your last paystub.

Exactly, didn't say that will dictate to them you income, using pay stubs is the main way. But on the I-134 where it asks annual income you put the amount from 2017 not estimate your 2018 earnings.

02/03/2017 - Married 

7 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

Catherine.

I read online that tax transcripts are accepted however I also included my W2 from last year as well just to be safe. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

Exactly, didn't say that will dictate to them you income, using pay stubs is the main way. But on the I-134 where it asks annual income you put the amount from 2017 not estimate your 2018 earnings.

Nonsense,  It is your current annualized run rate which can be supported by the most recent paystub

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Nonsense,  It is your current annualized run rate which can be supported by the most recent paystub

I did write on the additional section what my annual is increased to, and I am going to include my offer letter as well just for additional document support. My annual income from this year will be slightly different from last beings I am making more due to the increase in pay this year than I did last year at a consistent rate. Do you think including the additional few pay stubs leading up to the interview showing the increase but also showing the internal promotion within the same company will be fine? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

I did write on the additional section what my annual is increased to, and I am going to include my offer letter as well just for additional document support. My annual income from this year will be slightly different from last beings I am making more due to the increase in pay this year than I did last year at a consistent rate. Do you think including the additional few pay stubs leading up to the interview showing the increase but also showing the internal promotion within the same company will be fine? 

If you already exceed the threshold then it is less important.   The best evidence is the most recent evidence.   So paystubs right before the interview is where I would focus. 

My point from other posters was if I made  $10k in 2017 but now I make $50k and can show it.  I absolutely would not put $10k as my annual income as he suggested 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.