DavidClark

Marriage license

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just received NOA2 and am curious what documents are needed for a marriage license?

I know it can vary from state to state. I am in Arizona.

I did use google and read that. Just not sure if it will be any different in this case. It basically says show up and have governement issued ID.

just need to know if CENOMAR wold be a benefit here too? Also how many copies of beneficiaries birth certificate may be needed for AOS etc.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DavidClark said:

We just received NOA2 and am curious what documents are needed for a marriage license?

I did use google and read that. Just not sure if it will be any different in this case. It basically says show up and have governement issued ID.

just need to know if CENOMAR wold be a benefit here too? Also how many copies of beneficiaries birth certificate may be needed for AOS etc.

Thanks in advance!

No cenomar needed.  1 copy of bc.  Maintain the original or certified copy in your possession at all times in your records.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

5 minutes ago, DavidClark said:

Thanks in advance!

No, a CENOMAR will not help at all. The CENOMAR is a Philippine government documentation, the USA does not care about it at all. The documents required for a marriage license are: 

image.thumb.png.ba4538d05bf64f897673fea5b08438a8.png

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, DavidClark said:

Thanks in advance!

Arizona is easy, we were married in AZ.   CENOMAR is of zero benefit.    She will need her passport.  You will need your driver's license.        

This link is maricopa county, but the rules are the same state wide.   http://clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/marlic.asp    

Instructions

Both parties must be present to obtain a marriage license. Each individual is required to provide a valid government-issued photo I.D., such as a driver's license, passport, etc. to show proof of age and confirm identity. NOTE: a Matricula Consular I.D. card is not an acceptable form of identification for any type of marriage license to be issued. Arizona Revised Statute 25-121(B) requires applicants to provide their social security number (SSN), if any. Except for child support purposes, the Clerk's Office may not release SSNs without the applicant's written request.

To print the "Marriage License Application Form," click here

A copy of a divorce decree is not required; blood tests are not required.

A marriage license must be issued prior to the ceremony taking place, signed at completion of the ceremony, and returned by the officiator not more than 30 days after the ceremony has taken place in order for the license to be recorded.

You will receive your marriage license on the same day you apply for the license, and can be married on the same day, if you have made arrangements with an officiator of your choice to perform the ceremony. However, you have up to one (1) year from the date the marriage license was issued to get married, as the license expires one (1) year from the date of purchase.

After the bottom portion of the license has been returned and recorded, a certified copy can be requested and mailed to you for an additional $37.50 payable at the time you apply for the license or any time afterwards, or $30.50 if you provide a business-size, self-addressed stamped envelope at the time of your request.

For further information, you may call (602)37-CLERK, or (602)372-5375.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.