5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Cr1

Hello, wishing everyone good,

Actually I feel a little frustrated 10 weeks ago that I received the letter from nvc and in the two weeks that followed we gathered all the documents from AOS and sent it to. Lawyer all the tax documentation of my wife and the co-sponsor waited 5 weeks and just the lawyer says that it is missing two forms of the co-sponsor and schedule and scheduleSE, I think that my lawyer is slow, and I think that at this point it would not be good idea to change of lawyer. That they advise me to wait quietly or change lawyers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

no reason to have a lawyer at all unless your case is overly complicated or there were legal or overstay issues of some kind.

If you can read and follow instructions you can file your own petitions.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

It is extremely rare that a lawyer actually helps this process.  It is very normal to see slow downs because they are not as diligent about sending information or answering questions.  Just be patient and this will all be over soon.

My recommendation is to just forget about the lawyer and finish this yourself.  Of course, if there are red flags or other potential challenges then just ride it out.  Most people know if they have issues that may impact the petition.  If you don't know of anything that complicates the petition, you can do this much quicker and cheaper on your own.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for your reply.

The truth is there is no red flag or anything that complicates my case, my wife is permanent resides without any problem, good that is greater with 9 years for me I think that does not aiga problem,

I know that a lawyer is not necessary for this type of paperwork, but that this takes many things as translations this and another, my wife does not know English, so we hired a lawyer who would make everything easier for us. And here I am frustrated by its slowness.

A week ago you. I sent some documents that were missing and that already culminated and uploaded the AOS docs. and now I ask him and he tells me that this package has just arrived.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:34 AM, Anibaly said:

Thanks for your reply.

The truth is there is no red flag or anything that complicates my case, my wife is permanent resides without any problem, good that is greater with 9 years for me I think that does not aiga problem,

I know that a lawyer is not necessary for this type of paperwork, but that this takes many things as translations this and another, my wife does not know English, so we hired a lawyer who would make everything easier for us. And here I am frustrated by its slowness.

A week ago you. I sent some documents that were missing and that already culminated and uploaded the AOS docs. and now I ask him and he tells me that this package has just arrived.

One of the most common complaints about lawyers is that they will not do things with the same urgency as we would.  There were cases where a busy lawyer sat on an RFE for a month that could have been answered in a day.  Like I said, I can only recall one single instance in the last two years that a lawyer actually helped the process.  I am talking about hundreds of cases where lawyers have slowed the process and only one single case where the lawyer helped.  I do understand where truly understanding these documents is critical.  Hopefully you will be done soon so the lawyer can collect his fee and move on.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.