Precisely

NVC Criminal Record Certificate date validity

8 posts in this topic

I am the beneficiary and we just started the NVC process (case not yet received). I want to plan documents in advance and hope to request my ACRO (UK Criminal Record certificate), but my question is, when NVC request this do they require it to be valid as of a certain date or could I get it now? Some cases seem to take months before the NVC even assign a case # and IIN and I didn't want to pull the trigger on this too quickly and have to do it again later on.

Have read everywhere I can about NVC and can find an answer to this. Thanks in advance. 

Do you know what the turnaround time is for the report?  I would personally not get that until I received NOA2.  It should be as current as possible.  Getting it too soon will not be a good thing.  Hopefully the local PCC only takes a couple days so I would wait until after the petition is approved.

If you have lived anywhere else that will require the PCC you can start that paperwork now.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Do you know what the turnaround time is for the report?  I would personally not get that until I received NOA2.  It should be as current as possible.  Getting it too soon will not be a good thing.  Hopefully the local PCC only takes a couple days so I would wait until after the petition is approved.

UK authorities report a turnaround of 10 working days. We have received our NOA2, we are just waiting to start our case at the NVC.

Thanks for your reply.

2 minutes ago, Apelcina said:

UK authorities report a turnaround of 10 working days. We have received our NOA2, we are just waiting to start our case at the NVC.

Thanks for your reply.

In that case I would wait until you get the interview date.  That is usually a few weeks to a month out.  The closer to the interview the better off you will be.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

You will need to submit the police certificate to NVC. It would be required before the interview date and at the interview. Not sure how long its valid for the UK.

Edited by MsKayC

45 minutes ago, MsKayC said:

You will need to submit the police certificate to NVC. It would be required before the interview date and at the interview. Not sure how long its valid for the UK.

They need to be within 6 months per instructions.  I thought we were in the K-1 forum.  My mistake.  For CR-1 they have to be within 6 months and they are submitted to NVC.  K-1 carries them to interview.  I've done both so I got confused...LOL

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.