jbpshsu

CFO-GCP Multiple bookings

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you able to use 2 different emails and make an appointment at 2 different locations? We are trying to get a flight sooner to Cebu since there are much earlier appointments, but if the flight got cancelled or something have one in Manila. Has anyone tried this before? I'd like to lock both down as Manila gets filled up so fast.

Edited by jbpshsu

Timeline
2 minutes ago, KCQ said:

are you referring to an embassy interview appointment? there is no US embassy or consulate in cebu. only in manila. 

No, I'm talking about the CFO-GCP interview, class, or whatever it is. She needs that sticker on her passport/visa.

You can try to do either location. It doesn't matter where as long as she gets the sticker afterwards.

FYI, when I did Manila, I didn't get the sticker right away. Maybe have her call both locations and find out re: how long it takes to get sticker these days?

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline
1 minute ago, ivyyy said:

You can try to do either location. It doesn't matter where as long as she gets the sticker afterwards.

FYI, when I did Manila, I didn't get the sticker right away. Maybe have her call both locations and find out re: how long it takes to get sticker these days?

I thought you could get the sticker at the airport? It lists 3 locations.

6 minutes ago, jbpshsu said:

Only if you give them a heads up otherwise they may not be there.

Either way, I would not signup more than once.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

If I remember correctly, the sticker will only be issued if she shows her yellow packet (the whole K1 visa packet). I had my seminar first and then came back for the sticker when I got my K1 visa.

I wouldn't recommend getting it at the airport. Before I left, I got curious and asked some airport personnel about the CFO sticker. They weren't sure. 

Besides, it's better to have everything prepared before the flight! The whole thing is stressful and getting the sticker ahead of time is one less stress factor.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, jbpshsu said:

If you complete the GCP seminar after you have your passport with visa you can get the sticker immediate afterwards.    If you complete GCP early, then yes the airport is an option to get the sticker, but they require a 2-3 day advance notice.

CFO - Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Office

CFO NAIA: 632-879-5685 or 02-879-5685  (Offices are open from 5am - midnight) 

• CFO NAIA desk is at terminal one.. beside TIEZA travel tax desk.. between the entrance doors with the x-ray / conveyor machines..
  • CFO counter is next to the travel tax counter in terminal 2, up front of the departure area
  • CFO sticker at Terminal 3 on the 3rd Floor at the CFO office

And then there is Travel Tax also

TRAVEL TAX

Before exiting the Philippines (after receiving the visa and CFO sticker in your passport) there is Travel Tax to be paid.  This can be paid at the locations listed in the link below

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/

Locations for paying Travel Tax:   http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/directory-of-travel-tax-offices/

Online payment option:   https://traveltax.tieza.gov.ph/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 10/24/2018 at 3:43 AM, Hank_ said:

If you complete the GCP seminar after you have your passport with visa you can get the sticker immediate afterwards.    If you complete GCP early, then yes the airport is an option to get the sticker, but they require a 2-3 day advance notice.

CFO - Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Office

CFO NAIA: 632-879-5685 or 02-879-5685  (Offices are open from 5am - midnight) 

• CFO NAIA desk is at terminal one.. beside TIEZA travel tax desk.. between the entrance doors with the x-ray / conveyor machines..
  • CFO counter is next to the travel tax counter in terminal 2, up front of the departure area
  • CFO sticker at Terminal 3 on the 3rd Floor at the CFO office

And then there is Travel Tax also

TRAVEL TAX

Before exiting the Philippines (after receiving the visa and CFO sticker in your passport) there is Travel Tax to be paid.  This can be paid at the locations listed in the link below

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/

Locations for paying Travel Tax:   http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/directory-of-travel-tax-offices/

Online payment option:   https://traveltax.tieza.gov.ph/

Thanks, seems we will just wait for the Manila appointment to wrap things up there. She now has her visa so we are ready to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.