araxoolie

Sealed envelopes and translations

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So I've heard somewhere (I'm mixing up my sources so I'm not even confident this is correct) that my fiancée should keep her medical examination report in a sealed envelope for her interview. I think I recall hearing something like that for the police certificates too. So I guess my questions are, 1) which documents, if any, need to be in sealed envelopes for the K1 interview, 2) do we need to translate Dutch documents if going to the Dutch embassy, and 3) if so, how the heck do we get them translated without opening them?

In the Netherlands, there is no sealed medical envelope. The medical information just gets sent to the consulate, your fiancée does not need to do anything. 

She doesn't need to bring anything in a sealed envelope. 

I believe the instructions say documents in Dutch are allowed. But she will get those instructions in her packet 3.

We did this a long time ago, so it is not completely fresh on the brain and it may have changed. The police certificates didn't have to be in a sealed envelope. They didn't need to be translated because they had English on the back (we believe). But we for sure did not translate the police certificates. 
@Little_Vixen Just went through the process and is very nice, so maybe she can reply if she has time! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
7 hours ago, araxoolie said:

So I've heard somewhere (I'm mixing up my sources so I'm not even confident this is correct) that my fiancée should keep her medical examination report in a sealed envelope for her interview. I think I recall hearing something like that for the police certificates too. So I guess my questions are, 1) which documents, if any, need to be in sealed envelopes for the K1 interview, 2) do we need to translate Dutch documents if going to the Dutch embassy, and 3) if so, how the heck do we get them translated without opening them?

She wont get a medical result from the dr, those will go straight to the consulate. The VOG (Dutch police certificate) does not need to be sealed in an envelope. In fact, have copies with you at the consulate and you will get your original back.

You do not need any documents in sealed envelopes. You're probably confused with the documents she needs to bring with her when she comes to the states. After the interview she will get a package sent home with her passport and a sealed envelope that she should not open. It's for the customs agent at her point of entry.

For the embassy you dont need to translate anything but I advise you to do so anyway. Any documents that are only in Dutch (like a divorce decree). You are owed to do that on your own as long as you provide a statement with it that you are fluent in both English and Dutch. 

Most documents are both English and Dutch. Her VOG will be and, if she got an international one, so is her birth certificate.

If you or her have any questions dont hesitate to shoot me a question. 

The people at the consulate are really nice. Dont worry! 

Good luck!

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Almost all documents you need to get from the local government are available in an international (read english) version. GET THEM IN ENGLISH. You'll need to include some of them at later dates in the US and it just makes it all easier. I'm taking about the VOG and the "uittrekselgeboortergister" I also had some other documents printed at my dutch county officials and I got all of them in English eventhough they never were needed I still have them just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.