Swiftgrl13

When have you received packet 4 from Kiev Embassy?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All,

Thank you for finding time to read my post. 

My question is when should we expect a notification from Kiev Embassy that they have received a paper file of our case and we could set up an appointment for the interview (Packet 4)?

Our case left NVC on Oct 16th, case’ status was changed to “ready” on Oct 18th. I checked DHL web site and found out that packages were delivered to the Embassy on Oct 19th.

I went ahead and set up appointment for the interview on Oct 23rd. We haven’t received a notification from the Embassy that they have already received to case. I decided to sent an inquire to them and ask about the case. They answered immediately that they had received file electronically and we would

be notified when they would receive a paper file. They said the interview was canceled and I would be able to re-schedule it without paying fee again.

Could you please share your experience: who did receive the packet 4 (beneficiary or petitioner)? In how many days after the case’ status was changed to “ready” you had received packet 4 from the Embassy?

Does anyone have experience with re-scheduling the interview? When the receipt will be unlocked? I was told it would be in 24h after your cancellation, is it

true or will it take longer?

P.S.: Maybe everyone knows that but I just want to give you an advice - please don’t set up the interview date if you haven’t received a packet 4. The embassy won’t be able to conduct interview with you if they don’t have your paper file (petition).

Thank for reading my loooooong post!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

Hi All,

Thank you for finding time to read my post. 

My question is when should we expect a notification from Kiev Embassy that they have received a paper file of our case and we could set up an appointment for the interview (Packet 4)?

Our case left NVC on Oct 16th, case’ status was changed to “ready” on Oct 18th. I checked DHL web site and found out that packages were delivered to the Embassy on Oct 19th.

I went ahead and set up appointment for the interview on Oct 23rd. We haven’t received a notification from the Embassy that they have already received to case. I decided to sent an inquire to them and ask about the case. They answered immediately that they had received file electronically and we would

be notified when they would receive a paper file. They said the interview was canceled and I would be able to re-schedule it without paying fee again.

Could you please share your experience: who did receive the packet 4 (beneficiary or petitioner)? In how many days after the case’ status was changed to “ready” you had received packet 4 from the Embassy?

Does anyone have experience with re-scheduling the interview? When the receipt will be unlocked? I was told it would be in 24h after your cancellation, is it

true or will it take longer?

P.S.: Maybe everyone knows that but I just want to give you an advice - please don’t set up the interview date if you haven’t received a packet 4. The embassy won’t be able to conduct interview with you if they don’t have your paper file (petition).

Thank for reading my loooooong post!

Our case left the NVC on 9/27 and we got packet 4 in the form of an email on 10/5 so it took about 8 days for the physical case to reach the embassy. I had my fiancee schedule her interview at least two weeks out just to be safe. 

You may have been a little too optimistic when you scheduled your interview since you only allowed for 4 days of shipping time. But, no worries, it is easy to reschedule. There really isn't any backlog at the Kyiv embassy so you shouldn't have any problem scheduling another interview you may just delay yourself back by a week or two. 

We originally were approved way back in May. Our case made it all the way to the Embassy and we had an interview scheduled in July only to have our interview canceled abruptly and case sent back to the USCIS (added an extra 5 months to our timeline) all because of a clerical mistake the USCIS made. Most frustrating thing ever that I'm now glad to put in the past. Long story short, we weren't sure about the whole process of rescheduling the interview but it turns out the confirmation receipt and medical are both good for a year. The only thing you really need to pay attention to is the expiration date on your NOA2 which is 3 months from the date of issue. 

So it's actually okay to set up your interview before you receive packet 4 if you're dealing with Kyiv Embassy as it's not very busy and rescheduling is easy to do. My advice would be to just make sure you give yourself enough time once the packet leaves the NVC (2 weeks to be safe). 

A good way to check if they've also received your actual physical case is to check the CEAC tracker site. Look at the date it was last touched. For example, once the embassy receives the electronic file the date will change and it will say "Ready", Take note of that date because when it changes again that almost more than likely means they got your physical package.

Your case went to ready on Oct 18th....has the date of the last time they last touched it changed yet? If not they either have not received it or they have received but have not yet processed it yet. 

Hope that helps. If you need anything else let me know. 

Edited by Alekezam
Grammar correction

Timeline

@Alekezam thank you very much for the information.

We have several reasons to rush with the interview date (I don't want to name them because everyone will say that it was too risky and stupid to make any plans).

We have just received email from Kiev Embassy with Packet 4.

I will be able to re-schedule my interview only tomorrow (my account is locked for 24h) and the worst thing that there are not free time slots for this week or for the beginning of the next week 😓. I'm praying for a miracle that someone would re-schedule the interview and I will be able to set up mine for Thursday 🙏

Timeline

What is all the talk about Packet 1, Packet 2, Packet 3 and Packet 4.  I can find no reference anywhere to what these are.  We filed an I-129F in July and as far as I know the process is:

I-129F filed and processed in California USCIS office

I-129F sent to NVC in New Hampshire

NVC sends Visa packet??? to Kiev US Embassy

Kiev US Embassy processes Visa and contacts beneficiary to schedule appointmet

Beneficiary schedules appointment for K-1 Visa Exit Interview in Kiev US Embassy

Am I missing something?

Timeline
1 hour ago, JerryTetiana said:

What is all the talk about Packet 1, Packet 2, Packet 3 and Packet 4.  I can find no reference anywhere to what these are.  We filed an I-129F in July and as far as I know the process is:

I-129F sent to NVC in New Hampshire

NVC sends Visa packet??? to Kiev US Embassy

Beneficiary schedules appointment for K-1 Visa Exit Interview in Kiev US Embassy

Am I missing something?

there is no such thing as packet 1, 2, 3, and 4

only packet 3 and 4

NVC send the physical file to Kiev, which i understand is no longer done, hence the digital form of the file

Edited by Alabamak1

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline

Ok let me try this again, can someone tell me what packet 3 and 4 are and how it relates to the timeline that I submitted: 

I-129F sent to NVC in New Hampshire

NVC sends Visa packet??? to Kiev US Embassy

Timeline
57 minutes ago, JerryTetiana said:

Ok let me try this again, can someone tell me what packet 3 and 4 are and how it relates to the timeline that I submitted: 

I-129F sent to NVC in New Hampshire

NVC sends Visa packet??? to Kiev US Embassy

It confused me too at first as I kept expecting some sort of physical package with all sorts of documents. 

Not exactly sure, to this day, everyone keeps on referencing packets since it varies depending on country. 

So for Ukraine what people are referring to:

Packet 3 - An email from the NVC to petitioner/beneficiary (whomever's email is on file)stating that they've sent off your case to the corresponding embassy. 

Packet 4 - An email from the the embassy to petitioner/beneficiary (whomever's email is on file) with instructions on how to schedule an interview and all the things that are required prior to the interview.

They send  both a digital and the physical copy. I confirmed this by asking the NVC directly. 

Digital copy gets there almost instantaneously while the physical copy takes a little more than a week so make sure to schedule your interview at least two weeks out minimum from the time that the NVC sends out the email (Packet 3) as they won't conduct the interview without the physical case in front of them. 

So the packets everyone is talking about are just emails when dealing with US  Embassy in Ukraine.

Hope that clears things up!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Hope that clears things up!

Alekezam that certainly does!  Thank you for the detailed and thorough response! 

13 hours ago, Alekezam said:

Timeline

@AlekezamHi! Could you please share your experience: when did your fiancee receive her passport back with visa? How many days did it take?

What kind of delivery option did she choose: pick up or delivery to the address? And the last question - it was delivered to Kiev' address or to region city?

Just want to understand when should I expect my passport back :)

Thank you in advance for your help 😀

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Swiftgrl13 said:

@AlekezamHi! Could you please share your experience: when did your fiancee receive her passport back with visa? How many days did it take?

What kind of delivery option did she choose: pick up or delivery to the address? And the last question - it was delivered to Kiev' address or to region city?

Just want to understand when should I expect my passport back :)

Thank you in advance for your help 😀

My fiancee chose to have her passport and package sent to one of optional locations that were given to her when she filled out the DS-160 rather than to have it sent to a personal address. In this case it was a location in the Kyiv. A business center in the Forum Plaza to be exact. 

We both felt it to be too risky to send everything to a personal address so opted to go that route. 

She picked her passport and package up yesterday (10/24). The interview was last Thursday (10/18) so it took 6 days from the interview to pick up. 

The CEAC Status tracker is a good resource. Once the interview is complete it should change from "Ready" to "Administrative Processing". This happens either the same day or the day after the interview. It will then change to "Issued" a few days later. I suspect when it does that means they have mailed out everything. 

You will also get an email from them around the same time that the CEAC Tracker changes to "Issued" notifying you that your package has been mailed out (contains mailing address that you chose or optional location) along with a tracking number.

So in summary, if you chose to pick it up at a location you can expect to get it within about 6-7 days of your interview. Not entirely sure how long it takes if you had it sent to your home or other personal address but I imagine it would take around the same time or a little longer. 

Hope that helps!

Congrats on the approval!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

My fiancee chose to have her passport and package sent to one of optional locations that were given to her when she filled out the DS-160 rather than to have it sent to a personal address. In this case it was a location in the Kyiv. A business center in the Forum Plaza to be exact. 

We both felt it to be too risky to send everything to a personal address so opted to go that route. 

She picked her passport and package up yesterday (10/24). The interview was last Thursday (10/18) so it took 6 days from the interview to pick up. 

The CEAC Status tracker is a good resource. Once the interview is complete it should change from "Ready" to "Administrative Processing". This happens either the same day or the day after the interview. It will then change to "Issued" a few days later. I suspect when it does that means they have mailed out everything. 

You will also get an email from them around the same time that the CEAC Tracker changes to "Issued" notifying you that your package has been mailed out (contains mailing address that you chose or optional location) along with a tracking number.

So in summary, if you chose to pick it up at a location you can expect to get it within about 6-7 days of your interview. Not entirely sure how long it takes if you had it sent to your home or other personal address but I imagine it would take around the same time or a little longer. 

Hope that helps!

Congrats on the approval!

Thank you for sharing! I chose the same - I will pick up my passport from the TNT office (Forum Plaza). I can't wait to get my passport back :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.