9 posts in this topic

Filed in August and already got my interview scheduled for Oct 31st. I'm not under any special circumstance (military and etc)  to be that fast.
As much as I want to be happy about it, under 3 months from filling to interview is freaking me out. Any thoughts? Anyone seen this before?

Edited by whatever18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats, you live somewhere with very few immigrants. :) Shorter line, shorter wait! 

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

9 hours ago, whatever18 said:

Filed in August and already got my interview scheduled for Oct 31st. I'm not under any special circumstance (military and etc)  to be that fast.
As much as I want to be happy about it, under 3 months from filling to interview is freaking me out. Any thoughts? Anyone seen this before?

Just FYI

AOS NOA 1: 08/16/2018.

Interview: 10/12/2018

Approval Notice: 10/15/2018

Currently awaiting green card delivery.

I am in Boston. Very grateful for having this process done so soon (tho my K-1 petition was nightmare long).

Yet I do know how you feel when you say it freaks you out. I am still freaking out because now it means go get a job while I am not ready for that yet....

Edited by Tiny Cloud

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 11:24 AM, Tiny Cloud said:

Just FYI

AOS NOA 1: 08/16/2018.

Interview: 10/12/2018

Approval Notice: 10/15/2018

Currently awaiting green card delivery.

I am in Boston. Very grateful for having this process done so soon (tho my K-1 petition was nightmare long).

Yet I do know how you feel when you say it freaks you out. I am still freaking out because now it means go get a job while I am not ready for that yet....

Thats very encouraging, especially since im in Boston! 

How long between sending in your i485 and NOA 1? 

1 hour ago, Umka36 said:

Maybe you got randomly selected for training purposes?

Or maybe SuperBean got transferred?

2 hours ago, Umka36 said:

We will never know in the end.

Lol we wont but it sounds "Bean-ish". 

Blessed is the poster who had to wait for their K1 soooo long to have a quick turn around for their GC. I'm done being jealous.😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.