Scott Br

Potential Issue on K2 Visa that was just received

7 posts in this topic

OK, I have a potential issue.  My Fiance and her 2 children just picked up their passports/visas from 2GO office at MOA earlier.  After further inspection is seems as though one of the K2 visas reflects an Annotation as his own name, rather than his mother's.  I am wondering if that is an issue that needs to be taken care of prior to leaving.  I am hoping that this is not a serious issue, as I booked ticket for them to leave Thursday night Manila time once I heard they have visa in hand.  If it is an issue, has anyone heard of embassy fixing it same day?  Thanks in advance for any experience that can be shared.

x

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Scott Br said:

OK, I have a potential issue.  My Fiance and her 2 children just picked up their passports/visas from 2GO office at MOA earlier.  After further inspection is seems as though one of the K2 visas reflects an Annotation as his own name, rather than his mother's.  I am wondering if that is an issue that needs to be taken care of prior to leaving.  I am hoping that this is not a serious issue, as I booked ticket for them to leave Thursday night Manila time once I heard they have visa in hand.  If it is an issue, has anyone heard of embassy fixing it same day?  Thanks in advance for any experience that can be shared.

You may need to contact the embassy regarding this,

Contacting the Embassy
Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.
The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You may need to contact the embassy regarding this,

Yep, plan on calling once they open at 8.  Was hoping to see if there were other experiences that could be shared.  Thanks Hank.

x

Timeline
Just now, Scott Br said:

Yep, plan on calling once they open at 8.  Was hoping to see if there were other experiences that could be shared.  Thanks Hank.

Everyone I am aware of with typos in the visa had been requested to return the passport (and package) to the embassy.   Whether it can be corrected in time for your flight is an unknown.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Everyone I am aware of with typos in the visa had been requested to return the passport (and package) to the embassy.   Whether it can be corrected in time for your flight is an unknown.

I heard the same on typos on beneficiary name.  But have never heard of a situation with annotation being wrong.

x

An update to this case.  First thing this morning, Manila time, fiancee and kids went to CFO to get their stickers.  At 8 am I called the embassy and told them of the error and the issue with the flight this evening.  Embassy agent said that if she could get the visa, packet and flight itinerary over to window 36 between 10 am and noon, that they will be able to work on it and hopefully have it done today.  She and the kids arrived shortly after 10 am.  Lady at the window as empathetic and apologized for their error. She was going to see what they could do to get it updated, but there was no guarantee.  She took her visa, her son's visa and his packet.  Took her phone number and said she would contact her once she had an update.  Also informed her that embassy closes at 4 pm.  So she and the kids went outside the embassy and hung out and got a bite to eat.  I went on to the CEAC website to see if maybe it would change the status on his visa, and it actually changed from Issued to Administrative Processing.  That seemed like a good sign.  Shortly before 12:30 she checked website again, and status was changed back to Issued.  Right before 1 pm, embassy called her and informed her she could come pick up the visa. 

They are currently enroute to the airport to catch their flight.  They will finally be here Friday by 2 pm local time.  What a ride!!! 🙌

x

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Scott Br said:

An update to this case.  First thing this morning, Manila time, fiancee and kids went to CFO to get their stickers.  At 8 am I called the embassy and told them of the error and the issue with the flight this evening.  Embassy agent said that if she could get the visa, packet and flight itinerary over to window 36 between 10 am and noon, that they will be able to work on it and hopefully have it done today.  She and the kids arrived shortly after 10 am.  Lady at the window as empathetic and apologized for their error. She was going to see what they could do to get it updated, but there was no guarantee.  She took her visa, her son's visa and his packet.  Took her phone number and said she would contact her once she had an update.  Also informed her that embassy closes at 4 pm.  So she and the kids went outside the embassy and hung out and got a bite to eat.  I went on to the CEAC website to see if maybe it would change the status on his visa, and it actually changed from Issued to Administrative Processing.  That seemed like a good sign.  Shortly before 12:30 she checked website again, and status was changed back to Issued.  Right before 1 pm, embassy called her and informed her she could come pick up the visa. 

They are currently enroute to the airport to catch their flight.  They will finally be here Friday by 2 pm local time.  What a ride!!! 🙌

Outstanding!!!  :thumbs:         Kudos to the embassy for the excellent service.

Safe travels for your family

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.