Jump to content
fredljin

N-400 Filing Process in Long Island Field Office

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone!!!! I am going to file N-400 in Long Island Field Office in December 2018. Could you give me some advice? Is filing online a better option? What is the processing time now? I will early file my N-400 in December 2018. I got my green card in March 2014. I will update my process here. If anyone has done with Long Island Field Office, please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fredljin said:

Hello Everyone!!!! I am going to file N-400 in Long Island Field Office in December 2018. Could you give me some advice? Is filing online a better option? What is the processing time now? I will early file my N-400 in December 2018. I got my green card in March 2014. I will update my process here. If anyone has done with Long Island Field Office, please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

Same process for all offices, so being in Long Island makes no difference other than processing time.

 

You can check the estimated processing time for your office here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

 

I believe online filing is better as there’s less opportunity to screw up.

Edited by CJKylie

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................[Pending]

 

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

In Line For Interview.............

Interview Letter Rcvd............

Interview................................

Oath.......................................

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I filed online on 5/20/2018, and just passed my interview this morning, in line for oath ceremony. My interview was at the Holtsville office.

I have been seeing some online filers had similar processing time (5-6 months).

I would say do it online, since it won’t hurt. Also, file online you can view your biometric letter and interview letter online before the mail arrives.

good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, CJKylie said:

Same process for all offices, so being in Long Island makes no difference other than processing time.

 

You can check the estimated processing time for your office here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

 

I believe online filing is better as there’s less opportunity to screw up.

Thank you very much for the info!

8 hours ago, LIfiler17 said:

It all seems quite random. But...looking at other's recent experiences, 6-7 months to interview seems to be reasonable for that office right now.

Yes. That is what I found on this website. Mostly 6-10 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oli_C said:

I filed online on 5/20/2018, and just passed my interview this morning, in line for oath ceremony. My interview was at the Holtsville office.

I have been seeing some online filers had similar processing time (5-6 months).

I would say do it online, since it won’t hurt. Also, file online you can view your biometric letter and interview letter online before the mail arrives.

good luck!

Thank you very much. I checked processing time on USCIS website. The waiting time frame is 9-15.5 months. How is the interview? Is it very hard? Or, it is just a series of routine questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fredljin said:

Thank you very much. I checked processing time on USCIS website. The waiting time frame is 9-15.5 months. How is the interview? Is it very hard? Or, it is just a series of routine questions?

I applied using the 3-year rule (through marriage). I printed out all the bills, bank statement, apartment lease, mortgage of our house, and lots of our pictures to bring with me.

I thought they would need to see those.

 

But the interview was super quick and easy. She first tested on history and then English reading and writing. We went over my application, just keep answering no or yes. She didn't ask me to explain myself or anything. At the end of the whole interview (like 10 mins later), she asked me to sign some documents, and printed out a paper shows that she recommends my case to be approved. By the time I walked to my car, I got notification that I'm in line for oath scheduling.

 

I did see that my file folder is gigantic, they probably kept all the documents I sent them previously for my 10-year GC. And maybe that's why she didn't ask for any evidence of our marriage.

 

Hope this help!

 

You should also join this 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 12:37 PM, Oli_C said:

I applied using the 3-year rule (through marriage). I printed out all the bills, bank statement, apartment lease, mortgage of our house, and lots of our pictures to bring with me.

I thought they would need to see those.

 

But the interview was super quick and easy. She first tested on history and then English reading and writing. We went over my application, just keep answering no or yes. She didn't ask me to explain myself or anything. At the end of the whole interview (like 10 mins later), she asked me to sign some documents, and printed out a paper shows that she recommends my case to be approved. By the time I walked to my car, I got notification that I'm in line for oath scheduling.

 

I did see that my file folder is gigantic, they probably kept all the documents I sent them previously for my 10-year GC. And maybe that's why she didn't ask for any evidence of our marriage.

 

Hope this help!

 

You should also join this 

Thank you very  much.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2018 at 3:35 PM, LIfiler17 said:

It all seems quite random. But...looking at other's recent experiences, 6-7 months to interview seems to be reasonable for that office right now.

That is a normal time frame. I see some people have been waiting over a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×