fredljin

N-400 Filing Process in Long Island Field Office

10 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!!!! I am going to file N-400 in Long Island Field Office in December 2018. Could you give me some advice? Is filing online a better option? What is the processing time now? I will early file my N-400 in December 2018. I got my green card in March 2014. I will update my process here. If anyone has done with Long Island Field Office, please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

34 minutes ago, fredljin said:

Hello Everyone!!!! I am going to file N-400 in Long Island Field Office in December 2018. Could you give me some advice? Is filing online a better option? What is the processing time now? I will early file my N-400 in December 2018. I got my green card in March 2014. I will update my process here. If anyone has done with Long Island Field Office, please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

Same process for all offices, so being in Long Island makes no difference other than processing time.

You can check the estimated processing time for your office here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I believe online filing is better as there’s less opportunity to screw up.

Edited by CJKylie

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

90 Day Window Opened.....08/03/17

I-751 Packet Sent................08/04/17

NOA Dated...........................08/07/17

NOA Received......................08/09/17

Check Cashed......................08/09/17

Biometrics Letter Rcvd........08/26/17

Biometrics Appointment......09/07/17

Approval................................08/05/19

Naturalization Timeline

Field Office: Santa Ana, CA

90 Day Window Opened.......08/03/18

N-400 Filed (Online)..............08/03/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/03/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/20/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/07/18

Interview Letter Dated...........07/01/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............07/08/19

Interview................................08/05/19

Approval................................08/05/19

Oath.......................................08/22/19

It all seems quite random. But...looking at other's recent experiences, 6-7 months to interview seems to be reasonable for that office right now.

I filed online on 5/20/2018, and just passed my interview this morning, in line for oath ceremony. My interview was at the Holtsville office.

I have been seeing some online filers had similar processing time (5-6 months).

I would say do it online, since it won’t hurt. Also, file online you can view your biometric letter and interview letter online before the mail arrives.

good luck!

On 10/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, CJKylie said:

Same process for all offices, so being in Long Island makes no difference other than processing time.

You can check the estimated processing time for your office here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I believe online filing is better as there’s less opportunity to screw up.

Thank you very much for the info!

8 hours ago, LIfiler17 said:

It all seems quite random. But...looking at other's recent experiences, 6-7 months to interview seems to be reasonable for that office right now.

Yes. That is what I found on this website. Mostly 6-10 months. 

1 hour ago, Oli_C said:

I filed online on 5/20/2018, and just passed my interview this morning, in line for oath ceremony. My interview was at the Holtsville office.

I have been seeing some online filers had similar processing time (5-6 months).

I would say do it online, since it won’t hurt. Also, file online you can view your biometric letter and interview letter online before the mail arrives.

good luck!

Thank you very much. I checked processing time on USCIS website. The waiting time frame is 9-15.5 months. How is the interview? Is it very hard? Or, it is just a series of routine questions?

12 hours ago, fredljin said:

Thank you very much. I checked processing time on USCIS website. The waiting time frame is 9-15.5 months. How is the interview? Is it very hard? Or, it is just a series of routine questions?

I applied using the 3-year rule (through marriage). I printed out all the bills, bank statement, apartment lease, mortgage of our house, and lots of our pictures to bring with me.

I thought they would need to see those.

But the interview was super quick and easy. She first tested on history and then English reading and writing. We went over my application, just keep answering no or yes. She didn't ask me to explain myself or anything. At the end of the whole interview (like 10 mins later), she asked me to sign some documents, and printed out a paper shows that she recommends my case to be approved. By the time I walked to my car, I got notification that I'm in line for oath scheduling.

I did see that my file folder is gigantic, they probably kept all the documents I sent them previously for my 10-year GC. And maybe that's why she didn't ask for any evidence of our marriage.

Hope this help!

You should also join this 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:37 PM, Oli_C said:

I applied using the 3-year rule (through marriage). I printed out all the bills, bank statement, apartment lease, mortgage of our house, and lots of our pictures to bring with me.

I thought they would need to see those.

But the interview was super quick and easy. She first tested on history and then English reading and writing. We went over my application, just keep answering no or yes. She didn't ask me to explain myself or anything. At the end of the whole interview (like 10 mins later), she asked me to sign some documents, and printed out a paper shows that she recommends my case to be approved. By the time I walked to my car, I got notification that I'm in line for oath scheduling.

I did see that my file folder is gigantic, they probably kept all the documents I sent them previously for my 10-year GC. And maybe that's why she didn't ask for any evidence of our marriage.

Hope this help!

You should also join this 

Thank you very  much.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2018 at 3:20 PM, fredljin said:

Hello Everyone!!! I just filed my N-400 online. My earliest day is today, 12/13/2018. However, the USCIS website showed me Hawaii Time!!! I completed everything at 1:28 am on 12/13/2018, EST. It is now showing that the time is 8:28 pm, HST, which is Hawaii! Please tell me what should I do. I will keep post the timeline later to tell you guys the story. OMG...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.