sseo89

I129F completed waiting on NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have called NVC back on October 10th and have gotten a case number and receipt number from them. When asked when my paperwork will be forwarded to Ho Chi Minh I was told they do not know when that will happen. About how long has it taken everyone for this to happen? Also they did give me a case number but when i try to look up the status of my application on the website that i can check the status it says that it is a invalid case number. So does this mean that the actual case number I will get from Ho Chi Minh? I'm a bit confused because my fiancee keeps on insisting that our k1 visa application is a immigration visa.  Which i know is a non immigrant visa. She has taken our case number that we have gotten from NVC and checked on the website and checked it as a immigration visa and the status says that its currently at NVC, so I am a bit confused. The thing that i do know is this though, the case number i have gotten from nvc starts with a 8cm and a bunch of numbers. She has changed the 8 to an H. So it became HCM and then a bunch of numbers. To me this does not make any sense and seems to be invalid, but want to make sure. Once again any information would be helpful. Thanks

Timeline
9 hours ago, H&T said:

Give NVC another 1-2 weeks. NVC do nothing with K1 rather than assign case # then send it to Embassy. Be patient since NVC have a million case need to be done.

okay thanks. Turns out my fiancee is correct. and i just wrote the case number down wrong. I just called NVC and verified the case number. Now im anxiously waiting for them to send my case over to the consulate. I have heard that everything is done electronically.  Would you know of any truth behind this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nvc seems to send out cases about every 2 weeks. Some r done electronically others snail mail. They should be send another batch out this week sometime. Then another one Around the first of November.

dont be surprised if ur case doesn't make the next shipment. But u should be in early November shipment.

nvc needs about 2 weeks to input ur info into the system. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, sseo89 said:

okay thanks. Turns out my fiancee is correct. and i just wrote the case number down wrong. I just called NVC and verified the case number. Now im anxiously waiting for them to send my case over to the consulate. I have heard that everything is done electronically.  Would you know of any truth behind this?

The NVC sends  both a hard copy of your case as well as an electronic version to the embassy. The electronic version obviously gets there almost instantaneously, however, the hardcopy is what takes a bit longer (5-7 days). Not sure how the embassy in Vietnam works but typically they'll allow you to start the process of getting everything ready and setting up an appointment once  they've received the electronic version but you still need to make sure to schedule your interview far enough out that they'll have the physical version of your package by then. This is critical as they will cancel your interview if they don't have the physical version at that time. 

That's how it works with the Ukrainian Embassy so can't guarantee that the process is the same everywhere else. Just an example. 

The NVC takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks from the time they receive your package from the USCIS before they forward it on to the embassy. 

They are pretty sketchy at best and consistency is almost non-existent with them. You can call them every day of the week and get a completely different answer each time so just be prepared for some frustration. Hopefully they just send yours right through with no hassles. I've never been able to confirm the twice a month batch shipping theory  as I supposedly missed a batch date only to have mine get sent off a few days later. Timing and frequency is really an unknown. I've tried asking them specifics in the past and all they'll say is that they do indeed send in batches but would not reveal any other details.  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

The NVC sends  both a hard copy of your case as well as an electronic version to the embassy. The electronic version obviously gets there almost instantaneously, however, the hardcopy is what takes a bit longer (5-7 days). Not sure how the embassy in Vietnam works but typically they'll allow you to start the process of getting everything ready and setting up an appointment once  they've received the electronic version but you still need to make sure to schedule your interview far enough out that they'll have the physical version of your package by then. This is critical as they will cancel your interview if they don't have the physical version at that time. 

That's how it works with the Ukrainian Embassy so can't guarantee that the process is the same everywhere else. Just an example. 

The NVC takes anywhere from 2-4 weeks from the time they receive your package from the USCIS before they forward it on to the embassy. 

They are pretty sketchy at best and consistency is almost non-existent with them. You can call them every day of the week and get a completely different answer each time so just be prepared for some frustration. Hopefully they just send yours right through with no hassles. I've never been able to confirm the twice a month batch shipping theory  as I supposedly missed a batch date only to have mine get sent off a few days later. Timing and frequency is really an unknown. I've tried asking them specifics in the past and all they'll say is that they do indeed send in batches but would not reveal any other details.  

okay thanks for the heads up I noticed the same thing each time i call them they tell me a different story and no constancy.

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I was just curious as to if anything changed with my status at NVC. To my surprise it has changed. I'm so excited and happy.

Sketch2.png

Edited by sseo89
wrong image

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
3 hours ago, sseo89 said:

Hello everyone,

I was just curious as to if anything changed with my status at NVC. To my surprise it has changed. I'm so excited and happy.

Sketch2.png

Wow, looks like the case is on it's way to the embassy! 

I am not the expert of it, but my fiancé called today to get our case# and when we checked the status was "At NVC". The lady told him they are in the process of sending it to the embassy and he will get an email.

I just checked our case again and the status shows same as yours "In transit". Hopefully this is good news. 🤞

Edited by wtrav

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.