Lakeside92

Need guidance on work visa for my parent's business

51 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2018 at 8:16 PM, Boiler said:

Hib is a TEMPORARY work visa, 6 years? If the Employer wanted her to stay why did they not file for a GC?

I did, UK has a higher population density.

Yes H1B is temporary with max out dates.  She was a contractor but the vendor stopped doing greencard sponsorships temporarily due to increased rejections.  Since they were spending a lot of money on greencards, they were waiting for things to calm down but they waited too long.  That's why I started flipping a few people to full time employees and sponsoring their greencards myself.  But I've also budgeted rebalance with USC/LPRs for next year and to trim my H1B staffing down a bit.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Dodgy agency H1b's were one thing that was being cracked down upon.

I would always recommend anyone moving on a H1b who wants to stay to make sure they get in writing that the Employer will sponsor them for a GC within say a year, otherwise you are at risk as this lady found out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

The way you say that, it sounds easy to do.

Far from easy, but it must be done.  I need a healthy balance on my team.

38 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Dodgy agency H1b's were one thing that was being cracked down upon.

I would always recommend anyone moving on a H1b who wants to stay to make sure they get in writing that the Employer will sponsor them for a GC within say a year, otherwise you are at risk as this lady found out.

I agree about getting in writing, but many of the contractors here did get it in writing.   There was a full stop on that with many bigger companies as there were too many moving parts, changing requirements and reduced quotas.    Only now is it starting to loosen up a bit as companies find a way through the roadblocks.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I know a lot of people who moved here for work, more L and O's but being sponsored is essentially the same.

6 years ago would have been the start of Obama's second term and not a lot has changed.

EB3 for example is current ROW, not that long ago it was a 6 year wait.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.