OptimusSpice

53K voter registration applications on hold in Georgia: report [edited title]

5 posts in this topic

This is not a race issue.  The law is not written to prevent any legitimate legal voter of any age, religion, gender, or race from voting.  They can BRING THE PROOF TO THE POLLING PLACE!  They have 26 months to resolve the issue!  As long as they can prove that they are the EXACT MATCH (which is NOT a bad thing) then they are free to vote!  If these 53,000 pending voter registrations are all legitimate, then all they have to do is provide the EASY TO OBTAIN supporting document!  On the other hand, if these 53,000 voter registration ARE FRAUDULENT then they SHOULD be stopped!!!  Also, who ever said that just because someone is black that they vote Democrat?  Isn't that an extremely racist presumption?  Who decided that only the "rich white man" votes Republican?  There is no foul here.  But of course, the accusation must be made and the presentation of facts handled in as biased a way possible.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/410839-53k-georgia-voter-registration-applications-on-hold-in-kemps-office-report

• TBoneTX changed the title to 53K voter registration applications on hold in Georgia: report [edited title]
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread title has been edited to match title of cited article.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, OptimusSpice said:

Ahh, sorry. I didn't realize that title had to match the article title. my bad

Part of the TOS.  Do it a second time, and you get your avatar taken away.  For a third offense, you must begin regular monetary donations to the mods.  (For some reason, TBone made me do it after only one offense, not sure why?). j/k

If one’s passport info does not match, one does not fly.  Black or white.  It’s hardly anything that singles out one race.  If Georgia’s population is 32% black, and 70% of these 53k voters messed up their identification, I’d say that’s more of a failure to follow instructions (during the registration process) than anything to do with race.  But as Optimus said, simply bring valid, matching IDs to the polls, and vote.

Isn’t it quite racist (thinking about those who claim voter ID laws are racist) to assume that blacks can’t figure out how to get an ID to vote with?  If I were a black person, I would take offense to that.

Not to mention Abrams was head of some kind of intiave to register voters, for which she was paid well over 100K per year, one of the problem is that the organization she headed, incorrectly registered a large block of voters, who of course were black. There is a problem with less than 1% of voters

Hard to imagine she is in debit to almost anyone she has ever dealt with, Taxes, Credit Cards, personal loans, student debt and has made so much from special interest.

Running for govt and her finances are so bad I doubt she could buy a car or home..