sy_ny

IR2 Questions

23 posts in this topic

Help! I am obviously anxious! We received a case number and Invoice number on September for my son's petition on 9/25 and uploaded the documents 9/26, I got a message on 10/9 saying i submitted an incorrect form (need I-864W instead of I-864 that I submitted), I submitted the correct form that same day. Here are my questions! 

1. When shall I expect to get his interview date? So I can book my flight to go home. 

2. I plan on being with him at the interview and fly back with him to the USA, how many days should we expect to receive the passport back assuming a successful interview? 

Thanks all! 

M

Naturalization

03/16/2011 - Package sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox

03/22/2011 - Check cashed

03/25/2011 - Received Notice of Acceptance letter

03/31/2011 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

04/20/2011 - Biometrics Appointment done

04/26/2011 - Case forwarded to Local Office

04/30/2011 - Received Interview appointment letter

06/02/2011 - Interview in Albany Field Office -- successful

Petition for Sister in Kuwait

03/27/12 - Mailed I-130- Day 1

03/30/12- NOA1

04/04/12 - Cashed check

US Citizen since June 2nd 2011

1/19/2018   - Sent I-130 package for son in the Philippines

9/26/2018   - Received the Case Number and Invoice Number - NH Field Office

9/27/2018   - Submitted documents online

10/9/2018   - Received a note saying we have an incorrect form, submitted the correct one same day

10/31/2018 - All documents are approved and ready to schedule interview

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, sy_ny said:

Help! I am obviously anxious! We received a case number and Invoice number on September for my son's petition on 9/25 and uploaded the documents 9/26, I got a message on 10/9 saying i submitted an incorrect form (need I-864W instead of I-864 that I submitted), I submitted the correct form that same day. Here are my questions! 

1. When shall I expect to get his interview date? So I can book my flight to go home. 

2. I plan on being with him at the interview and fly back with him to the USA, how many days should we expect to receive the passport back assuming a successful interview? 

Thanks all! 

M

1)    Totally unknown.   Until you receive your Case Complete notice NVC won't even contact the embassy for an interview date.

2)    After the interview, what you want to watch for is ISSUED status on the CEAC website .. from then it can be another 3-10 business days before the visa package is in hand.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/immigrant-visa-application.html

Depending on the age of your child CFO - PDOS peer counseling may be required.    Under 12 years of age only need to register and get the sticker in his passport (after receiving the visa)

*PDOS Seminar

http://cfo.gov.ph/rnr-pdos.html 

Scheduling
https://cfo.ph/pdos_reservation/

Adults:  Those 60 and above need only register to get the sticker.

Derivatives:  C
hildren above 12 years of age must attend PDOS, those younger only need to be registered to get the sticker.  

Ages 13-19 will attend PDOS Peer Consoling.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, sy_ny said:

Thanks all! 

M

@sy_ny To give you an idea let me share with you the following timeline for my IR2  Visa application:
1) The NVC received all the necessary documents needed for my kids' petition on July 19, 2018

2) August 10, 2018- I received an email from NVC saying that they were able to schedule the immigrant visa interview for my kids on September 7,    2018.

3) I went home for 2 weeks to bring my kids to SLEC for their Medical Examination PRIOR to the date of interview at USEM. We were able to finish    the said MEDICAL EXAM in two days. I pre-registered my kids online to save time. I decided to do it early just in case something goes wrong during their Medical Examination at St Luke's Extension Clinic, but luckily everything went well. 

4) FRIDAY September 7, 2018- We went to the USEM for the kids interview. They were scheduled at 7:40 am, we were at the USEM an HOUR before, 6:40am;  went inside the USEM by 7:15am.

*Done with the interview by 8:50am.

5) September 7, 2018 FRIDAY- I checked their visa status online via CEAC around 1PM (MNL time), VISA status says "ISSUED".

6) Passports on hand by  Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:30 PM- I opted for pick-up of their passports and visa packets at 2GO Mall of Asia branch to save time because I need to fly back to SFO before the 15th. I also booked our flight back to SFO 9/14/2018. I just got one way tickets btw.

7) September 12, 2018 Wednesday-CFO/PDOS done. Paid Php400 each for my kids. I pre-registered them online as soon as I got their visa packets from 2GO MOA. You need to pre-register your son online btw. My kids are minors 11 and 8. They do not need to attend but I have to pre-register them to get the sticker and pay the amount of Php400 for each minor child/applicant.

😎 September 14, 2018- FRIDAY MNL to SFO I DID NOT pay for my kids' TRAVEL TAX, they are exempted:

As provided under R.A. 6768, Family members of former Filipinos accompanying the latter Foreign passport of former Filipino or other evidence of former Philippine Citizenship

Birth certificate or adoption papers of children and / or marriage contract of accompanying spouse

9) September 14, 2018  MNL-SFO flight ...safely arrived SFO  via PAL. 

Hope these info would help you somehow. ;)

Thank you! My son is 16, this definitely helps me get an idea.. understanding that every situation is different.

Naturalization

03/30/12- NOA1

04/04/12 - Cashed check

10/9/2018   - Received a note saying we have an incorrect form, submitted the correct one same day

14 minutes ago, gawjusgal14 said:

@sy_ny To give you an idea let me share with you the following timeline for my IR2  Visa application:
1) The NVC received all the necessary documents needed for my kids' petition on July 19, 2018

2) August 10, 2018- I received an email from NVC saying that they were able to schedule the immigrant visa interview for my kids on September 7,    2018.

3) I went home for 2 weeks to bring my kids to SLEC for their Medical Examination PRIOR to the date of interview at USEM. We were able to finish    the said MEDICAL EXAM in two days. I pre-registered my kids online to save time. I decided to do it early just in case something goes wrong during their Medical Examination at St Luke's Extension Clinic, but luckily everything went well. 

4) FRIDAY September 7, 2018- We went to the USEM for the kids interview. They were scheduled at 7:40 am, we were at the USEM an HOUR before, 6:40am;  went inside the USEM by 7:15am.

*Done with the interview by 8:50am.

5) September 7, 2018 FRIDAY- I checked their visa status online via CEAC around 1PM (MNL time), VISA status says "ISSUED".

6) Passports on hand by  Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:30 PM- I opted for pick-up of their passports and visa packets at 2GO Mall of Asia branch to save time because I need to fly back to SFO before the 15th. I also booked our flight back to SFO 9/14/2018. I just got one way tickets btw.

7) September 12, 2018 Wednesday-CFO/PDOS done. Paid Php400 each for my kids. I pre-registered them online as soon as I got their visa packets from 2GO MOA. You need to pre-register your son online btw. My kids are minors 11 and 8. They do not need to attend but I have to pre-register them to get the sticker and pay the amount of Php400 for each minor child/applicant.

😎 September 14, 2018- FRIDAY MNL to SFO I DID NOT pay for my kids' TRAVEL TAX, they are exempted:

As provided under R.A. 6768, Family members of former Filipinos accompanying the latter Foreign passport of former Filipino or other evidence of former Philippine Citizenship

Birth certificate or adoption papers of children and / or marriage contract of accompanying spouse

9) September 14, 2018  MNL-SFO flight ...safely arrived SFO  via PAL. 

Hope these info would help you somehow. ;)

What date did you fly to the philippines? 

Naturalization

03/30/12- NOA1

04/04/12 - Cashed check

6 hours ago, sy_ny said:

Thanks all! 

M

2.  Some people got theirs in 5 working days.  It took 10 working days for my wife to receive hers.  You really should not book your return flights until you have the passport IN HAND.

On 10/12/2018 at 4:50 PM, gawjusgal14 said:

If I remember it correctly it was the 28th of August.

Got it... I cant be away that long... but debating if i should take him to the medical or have someone do it with him... 

Naturalization

03/30/12- NOA1

04/04/12 - Cashed check

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im going to add question on this thread instead of making another post since the petition here is on IR category (i-130) when do we pay for the green card? I just thought it has to be done prior to your flight to the US?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Im going to add question on this thread instead of making another post since the petition here is on IR category (i-130) when do we pay for the green card? I just thought it has to be done prior to your flight to the US?

That is the ELIS fee.   It can be paid before arrival in the USA (Best way to pay) or can be paid later.    USCIS will not issue the green card until the fee is paid.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-pay-uscis-immigrant-fee

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Ok, Im assuming they will email me an instruction? I just have not gotten any and my moms interview has been approved

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Ok, Im assuming they will email me an instruction? I just have not gotten any and my moms interview has been approved

Bad to assume.  ;)  

Once your mom has her visa in hand and is ready to fly, go to the link I gave you instructions are clearly laid out on that website, then pay the ELIS fee, once your mom clears POE and the paperwork is processed her green card will go to production, then mailed to her.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Bad to assume.  ;)  

Once your mom has her visa in hand and is ready to fly, go to the link I gave you instructions are clearly laid out on that website, then pay the ELIS fee, once your mom clears POE and the paperwork is processed her green card will go to production, then mailed to her.

Lol thanks Hank! Can we still track the visa at 2go website?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Lol thanks Hank! Can we still track the visa at 2go website?

If the package has left the embassy you might be able to track the package with 2GO .. you know how that goes.   There is info for on my website

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

If the package has left the embassy you might be able to track the package with 2GO .. you know how that goes.   There is info for on my website

How can I track it again? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.