honeypie84

Help please

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Permission to post.! But please it's not for me just my friend asked some help that I couldn't give her more answers, ok here's a question for my friend. My friend have a 1 child and the biological father is foreigner (us citizen) -from United States- but there not married yet, and he decided to apply a fiancée visa and been approved already. but of course she wants to bring with her son she get confused and told me that the baby don't need visa, interview and medical? Correct me if I'm wrong, I told her that she can't bring her baby without visa? So, she ask me a favor for asking if her son needs visa what kind of application? She said that her fiancé apply a CRBA. Please advise for my friend she a

ready have schedule for her medical and interview next week but worried about her baby. Thank you appreciate all your comment.!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

is the USC on the birth certificate?

Has she gone thru the process to declare the child a USC? 

and has she gotten a US passport for the child?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The USC father has already filed for the CRBA for his child.  Presumably, he also filed for a US passport.

The child does not need a visa.  The child is a US citizen.  US citizens do not qualify for US visas.  A US citizen uses a US passport to enter the US.

Your friend is correct, her child does not need a visa, interview, or medical.  The USC father is already taking care of things on his end to bring his child to the US.

You are wrong for telling your friend that her USC child needs a visa. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

so, only my friend needs visa, interview, medical and get CFO sticker? Yes the father of the child already apply a CrBA and she only need to apply for ssn, she was just a little nervous if she can't bring her child with her. Thank you guys for the respond

she would be wise to confirm that he has conformed with all the requirements for the child, if the CRBA is not completed or the passport not issued the child will not be able to travel here, she should also get the child a Filipino passport so that the child can have the benefit of dual citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.