Megan&Daniel

ACRO police certificate for London medical (merged)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Kinda confused about something and wondered if anyone can help me out? My finace is going to get his ACRO police certificate and it is saying someone has to endorse it. You have to know the person for 2 years and can not be a family member.

My question is, What are they endorsing? Are you supposed to bring something with you to the police station or is this something they endorse after you get it. We are very confused here. The ACRO website doesn't explain things very well.

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Megan&Daniel said:

Kinda confused about something and wondered if anyone can help me out? My finace is going to get his ACRO police certificate and it is saying someone has to endorse it. You have to know the person for 2 years and can not be a family member.

My question is, What are they endorsing? Are you supposed to bring something with you to the police station or is this something they endorse after you get it. We are very confused here. The ACRO website doesn't explain things very well.

Thanks for all your help!

My understanding is it's to verify who u say u r. 

Someone else may have more info on this.

But. Ur better off asking in the UK sub forum

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Edited by BJ & Christine

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
Just now, BJ & Christine said:

My understanding is it's to verify who u say ur. 

Someone else may have more info on this.

But. Ur better off asking in the UK sub forum

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Thank you

Timeline

7. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.

What exactly does this mean? Does one of the possible endorsers need to just sign the application? We are a little confused about this and any help would be great! Thank you!

Timeline

When you apply it asks for contact information of an individual to endorse you.

I've applied for two police certs now and given the names, professions and email/telephone numbers of two friends. As their blurb states, they may contact the individual if they need/want to verify your identity. In both cases for me, they didn't.

They don't need to sign anything. Just input their information in the relevant fields when you are making your police cert application.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DktrFaustus said:

When you apply it asks for contact information of an individual to endorse you.

I've applied for two police certs now and given the names, professions and email/telephone numbers of two friends. As their blurb states, they may contact the individual if they need/want to verify your identity. In both cases for me, they didn't.

They don't need to sign anything. Just input their information in the relevant fields when you are making your police cert application.

Thank you! We were afraid with the word endorse on there that it was more and something will get screwed up. The process can make you slightly crazy. LOL Thanks again!

Edited by Megan&Daniel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Megan&Daniel said:

7. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.

What exactly does this mean? Does one of the possible endorsers need to just sign the application? We are a little confused about this and any help would be great! Thank you!

The language is likely left over from the old days before things got automated. A person actually signed the back of your photo which got mailed with the paper application. I got my GP to do it when I went in for shots because doctor was on their list. 

Timeline

Hey! I done my ACRO in July. So with endorsements, ACRO does require it to be endorsed/verified if required. There is a list of professions that the person must be a part of. Obviously they must have known you for 2 years as you know. So the person you name on your form can be a GP, Manager, optician, old teacher who taught you. The endless list of options is on the app from memory.

Always be sure to ask permission if your putting their contact details down (that kinda goes without saying). It’s just a formality for ACRO if they need anything verified, like your identity for example. Important not to overthink it! 

Good luck.

London’s an amazing Embassy! 

Jon 

Edited by jakejon

Timeline
1 minute ago, jakejon said:

Hey! I done my ACRO in July. So with endorsements, ACRO does require it to be endorsed/verified if required. There is a list of professions that the person must be a part of. Obviously they must have known you for 2 years as you know. So the person you name on your form can be a GP, Manager, optician, old teacher who taught you. Always be sure to ask permission (that kinda goes without saying). It’s just a formality for ACRO if they need anything verified, like your identity for example. Important not to overthink it! 

Well anyhow thats my interpretation of it. 

Good luck. London’s an amazing Embassy! 

Thanks! He is going to put his boss. We are just over thinking everything! 

Timeline
Just now, Megan&Daniel said:

Thanks! He is going to put his boss. We are just over thinking everything! 

Easy done! I can completely relate. The UK sub form is good to check out too for the next stages. It’s going to go pretty quick for you guys now :) 

I guess you will apply online so you just need person name, E-mail, his profession and how he/ she knows you. This is sort of reference that they know you. In my case they didn't contact the person who endorsed me.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Easy done! I can completely relate. The UK sub form is good to check out too for the next stages. It’s going to go pretty quick for you guys now :) 

I THINK we have everything else sorted. Fingers crossed 😁

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The language is likely left over from the old days before things got automated. A person actually signed the back of your photo which got mailed with the paper application. I got my GP to do it when I went in for shots because doctor was on their list. 

Yes, a lot of out dated information put there. I was seriously considering doing some updated, quality you tube videos on this. Lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Megan&Daniel said:

Yes, a lot of out dated information put there. I was seriously considering doing some updated, quality you tube videos on this. Lol

Of course endorse can also mean that the person can sanction or verifiy your identity. It doesn't have to mean a literal signing of something. 

I used my line manager from work its nothing to worry about, I applied for 2 ACRO's (the first ran out my application took so long!) But the 'endorser' was never contacted.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.