BarbaraV92

i-130 interview

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello my husband and i have a scheduled  interview in 2 weeks for a i-130 petition for spouse at San Antonio. Anyone has gone to this interview before any tips or has any idea if they are going to let us know whats going to happen with the case!? Any information is appreciated:) 

Edited by BarbaraV92
Misspelled

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, BarbaraV92 said:

Hello my husband and i have a scheduled  interview in 2 weeks for a i-130 petition for spouse at San Antonio. Anyone has gone to this interview before any tips or has any idea if they are going to let us know whats going to happen with the case!? Any information is appreciated:) 

Hi! I'm also going through the process and just got a notification that my interview was scheduled. I also live in San Antonio. I just have an inquiry... How long was the wait between receiving word that your interview was to be scheduled and getting the actual date for your interview? I'm a bit anxious. 

Best of luck at your interview! Fingers crossed. 

F1 (graduated) with pending AOS after marriage! ^_^

Timeline

Actually i didn’t recieve a notice before letting me know that i had an interview😬 the status before was that it had been at my local office which was on August. This notice just came in the mail two Days ago so i was surprised! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
50 minutes ago, BarbaraV92 said:

Hello my husband and i have a scheduled  interview in 2 weeks for a i-130 petition for spouse at San Antonio.

I-130 petition interview😕? Do you mean the I-485 AOS interview?

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Timeline

Oh, so it's not his GC interview yet; https://www.fileright.com/blog/what-to-expect-after-filing-form-i-130-petition/:

I-130 Interview Notice

In some cases, you may also receive a notice for an interview. This will also arrive on an I-797C document. Generally, USCIS interviews are scheduled to review your application, ask any questions the USCIS may have, and verify the information you submitted is accurate and true. In the case of the I-130, the USCIS may be specifically verifying the validity of your family relationship. The notice will include the date, time and location of the interview. It will also tell you what to bring, including any original documents that USCIS wishes to review in-person.

I found this very old thread: https://www.***removed***/forum/showthread.php/64181-I-130-interview-experience

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TM92 said:

He only has the work permit rn, and yes thats what the notice was about just to take all the stuff mentioned.. 

Edited by BarbaraV92
Misspelled

The pretty much ask about how you met,  marriage, what USC does for work and where you live.   Just take your time and answer truthfully.  If you don't  understand something just ask.

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Please update you timeline to make it easier for us to help you.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

The pretty much ask about how you met,  marriage, what USC does for work and where you live.   Just take your time and answer truthfully.  If you don't  understand something just ask.

Oh okay, do they let you know if they approve or dismiss the case once the interview is over?

4 minutes ago, BarbaraV92 said:

Oh okay, do they let you know if they approve or dismiss the case once the interview is over?

Yes, 3 options.   Approved, Denied or Get/Update/Correct documents.   They will very clear if it is the later.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Yes, 3 options.   Approved, Denied or Get/Update/Correct documents.   They will very clear if it is the later.

Omg praying everything goes well thanks alot for the info:)

Timeline

@Paul & Mary: Do you have personal (or secondhand) experience with an I-130 interview. It isn't time for the AOS interview yet. Are there other threads about the I-130 interview here in VJ (because I couldn't find any)?

12 minutes ago, BarbaraV92 said:

Omg praying everything goes well thanks alot for the info:)

I think this is more like our DCF I-130.  There are few DCFs and probably even less I-130s filed within the US. When I filed it in Juarez they reviewed our packet and ask a few questions.  When you do that they don't tell you anything other than they will notify you.  I though I failed!   It was approved the next business day. 

Take any new evidence of you relationship with you and any documents that you weren't sure you should include.   It is important to front load this "interview".

I believe after the approval they will process the AOS and need your husbands bio-metrics, etc.

Don't stress too much.  I believe that your husband can go with you and it might help things move along.  My only experience like this was a friend that married during a F-1 student visa and the process was the same.  There I-130 was approved the same day.  

Good luck ~Paul

Timeline

Just covering all bases: Were you born near the Texas-Mexico border between the 1950s and 1990s, and delivered by a (after the fact) blacklisted doctor or midwife (e.g. Dr. Jorge Treviño, etc.)?

Edited by TM92

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.