nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Progress so far:

Filed 1 Oct, almost immediate receipt by email, full NOA letter on myuscis, physical NOA arrived in mail 5 Oct

email today 6 oct of action on case, myuscis says bio appointment scheduled, but letter with details not yet uploaded on website. Site says again will be both uploaded on website and mailed.

website says estimated completion time is 13 months, Nov 2019.

I think a lot of us here will have joint applications running. I really thought I'd be going down renewing the 10 year green card route, but the long wait times and the stress that brings changed my path. And my increasingly strong desire to vote.

Your biometrics appointment doesn't sound like much fun. Perhaps as it was so recent, they'll reuse for your N400. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

4 hours ago, Alamo Cat said:

I just filed a I-90 back in August online  and in the same account will file a N-400. I got notified of an action via text and email, which I set up and I also was able to see the NOA in my account before it also then came in the mail. 

I assume it will be the same with the N-400. 

I'll get to follow 2 different applications at onceI guess. I like how they have this all set up in online account now. 

What I don't remember how I filed I-90 10 years ago. I know I did not paper mail it, but online. But it didn't look like the system in place now. 

eta: I filed my I-90 even knowing I would file the N-400 soon after. I didn't want to be without a card of sorts with the wait times being so long. My biometrics for it were like a cattle drive. It was horrible. Packed and with number system. Didn't matter what my appointment letter said. I am guessing the next one will be the same. Yikes. They did put a sticker on the back of my green card extending it to August. I filed last day in August. It would expire in January otherwise. 

I think a lot of us here will have joint applications running. I really thought I'd be going down renewing the 10 year green card route, but the long wait times and the stress that brings changed my path. And my increasingly strong desire to vote.

Your biometrics appointment doesn't sound like much fun. Perhaps as it was so recent, they'll reuse for your N400.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Both

3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Progress so far:

Filed 1 Oct, almost immediate receipt by email, full NOA letter on myuscis, physical NOA arrived in mail 5 Oct

email today 6 oct of action on case, myuscis says bio appointment scheduled, but letter with details not yet uploaded on website. Site says again will be both uploaded on website and mailed.

website says estimated completion time is 13 months, Nov 2019.

This is really good to know, thank you.

Seems like the N400 acknowledgements are faster than the current i-751 process. Good to know we should be getting responses quickly after filing. After many, many months I was formally told I wouldn't be called for biometrics on my i-715, so I am expecting to get called up for this on my N400. I always feel better knowing there's some attention on my case. 

Now if only the tumbleweeds and mothballs would fall off my i-751 application and I could somehow know how far along I am. 😉

Outcome

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Not sure if I want them to reuse my biometrics from my I-90. All was so hectic and sitting so tight to each other while  having to fill out the form with crappy charcoal pencils, I must have managed to touch my face at some point. When I got outside I saw 2 streaks on my forehead and cheek. The lady didn't say anything and I can't be sure when I touched my face. 😄

It was so bad security came in at some point herding all non applicants into a different room in the building. Lots of folks took their whole brood to the biometrics apparently. Then after I had to hunt down my husband who was somewhere outside in the parking lot as they would not let anyone take a phone in the building. Not looking forward to that again. 

Wow, sorry your removal of conditions takes so long now. I had to think back to my days. I know that the initial AOS took from October to May. So 7 months for that 2 year green card. The ROC didn't take that long as far as I remember. 4 months maybe? All done in San Antonio. 

Course I also have those mothballs and tumbleweeds, just that mine are in my head, so can't say for sure on dates. 🤔

I am applying late October for my N-400. Though I qualified to apply for my green card renewal on Oct. 27, 2017, I was lazy and didn't send it in until early November...but I won't be lazy with this one, and will be part of the October crowd :D 

Are you guys applying online or doing the paper application? What are the pros or cons of each? I may do the paper one, since the online one won't open until 90 days before the 3 yr mark, and I don't want to waste a minute, fill out everything and send it in as soon as I qualify to apply :)

On 10/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, Alamo Cat said:

Not sure if I want them to reuse my biometrics from my I-90. All was so hectic and sitting so tight to each other while  having to fill out the form with crappy charcoal pencils, I must have managed to touch my face at some point. When I got outside I saw 2 streaks on my forehead and cheek. The lady didn't say anything and I can't be sure when I touched my face. 😄

It was so bad security came in at some point herding all non applicants into a different room in the building. Lots of folks took their whole brood to the biometrics apparently. Then after I had to hunt down my husband who was somewhere outside in the parking lot as they would not let anyone take a phone in the building. Not looking forward to that again. 

Wow, sorry your removal of conditions takes so long now. I had to think back to my days. I know that the initial AOS took from October to May. So 7 months for that 2 year green card. The ROC didn't take that long as far as I remember. 4 months maybe? All done in San Antonio. 

Course I also have those mothballs and tumbleweeds, just that mine are in my head, so can't say for sure on dates. 🤔

When did you apply for your green card and got your ROC? Many of my friends who applied for ROC 2-4 years ago got theirs within a few month. Now it takes 15 - 21 months 😕 I applied for my green card in August 2015 and got approved in January 2016 (it took 5 months only!), however, I applied for my ROC in Nov. 2017 and still waiting and looks like pretty much everyone is.... 😕 I also hear that citizenship takes forever, it used to take less than a year, now anyone I know who got their the past year or two waited over a year for it....

On 10/5/2018 at 9:29 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

On 10/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, GoodbyeGirl said:

And here's what the top of your https://my.uscis.gov/account will show when you next login. 

The expiry date is 30 days from when you start the submission. You have till then to submit. If not, your application will be removed.* 

So you can see that I started my application on 29 Sep, I can file from 24 October, which is within the expiry deadline of 29 Oct. 

*If you don't submit within the 30 day window and your application is removed, I think you just have to start all over again. It doesn't mean you've missed your chance!

Annotation.png

wait, how did you start a draft if you are not qualified to apply until later in october? it just tells me that i can't apply until late october, i can't find a way to start a draft. can you walk me through this? i would love to start a draft too....otherwise i apply w/ papers and snailmail

Timeline
1 minute ago, Butterfly83 said:

When did you apply for your green card and got your ROC? Many of my friends who applied for ROC 2-4 years ago got theirs within a few month. Now it takes 15 - 21 months 😕 I applied for my green card in August 2015 and got approved in January 2016 (it took 5 months only!), however, I applied for my ROC in Nov. 2017 and still waiting and looks like pretty much everyone is.... 😕 I also hear that citizenship takes forever, it used to take less than a year, now anyone I know who got their the past year or two waited over a year for it....

I applied for AOS in 1995, got the 2 year green card 7 months later. I got my work authorization I think in 3 months or so.  I removed conditions in 1998 and I think it was 4 months to get the 10 year card. 

I am going to apply online. I just think its much easier. I can upload what I need and the system tells me exactly what it is they need. Kind of more automatic. So there is no confusion at all. I just like doing stuff online. Oh how I wish they have had that stuff back in my days. Course I didn't even have a computer then. 😛

I been working on the draft online since September. It keeps saving the draft every time I work on it for another 30 days. 

I was a bit surprised at some of the stuff I needed. I assumed reading some threads here that for 5 year rule I didn't need as much. But then they still wanted previous marriage stuff of my current husband and we didn't have that. He had to get his divorce degree first as they wanted me to upload that. He is not the husband I got my marriage based green card with. I also listed his daughter as it was asked, even though she was a full adult when we got married. But it asked for everything and I guess technically she is a step "child". Then they ask for docs on that which of course I don't have. I never had any connections to that woman, she is in her late 30's now. 

All these things worry me. But then I am a worrier. I am freaking out already and I haven't even filed yet. 😂

4 minutes ago, Alamo Cat said:

I applied for AOS in 1995, got the 2 year green card 7 months later. I got my work authorization I think in 3 months or so.  I removed conditions in 1998 and I think it was 4 months to get the 10 year card. 

I am going to apply online. I just think its much easier. I can upload what I need and the system tells me exactly what it is they need. Kind of more automatic. So there is no confusion at all. I just like doing stuff online. Oh how I wish they have had that stuff back in my days. Course I didn't even have a computer then. 😛

I been working on the draft online since September. It keeps saving the draft every time I work on it for another 30 days. 

I was a bit surprised at some of the stuff I needed. I assumed reading some threads here that for 5 year rule I didn't need as much. But then they still wanted previous marriage stuff of my current husband and we didn't have that. He had to get his divorce degree first as they wanted me to upload that. He is not the husband I got my marriage based green card with. I also listed his daughter as it was asked, even though she was a full adult when we got married. But it asked for everything and I guess technically she is a step "child". Then they ask for docs on that which of course I don't have. I never had any connections to that woman, she is in her late 30's now. 

All these things worry me. But then I am a worrier. I am freaking out already and I haven't even filed yet. 😂

Wow. Yea, they want everything....I swear they want more than for the GC... My mom got her last years, and she was really surprised how much stuff they needed (she got her GC through work completely separate from me, it is kinda random we are both in the US). 
If you were ok being a resident for so long, why are you applying for citizenship now? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

Wow. Yea, they want everything....I swear they want more than for the GC... My mom got her last years, and she was really surprised how much stuff they needed (she got her GC through work completely separate from me, it is kinda random we are both in the US). 
If you were ok being a resident for so long, why are you applying for citizenship now? 

It took me this long to really be ready. Its a very big decision and I took it very serious. I'll also be giving up my german citizenship so I really had to be ready. Been thinking about it for years. And here I am. 😀

37 minutes ago, Alamo Cat said:

It took me this long to really be ready. Its a very big decision and I took it very serious. I'll also be giving up my german citizenship so I really had to be ready. Been thinking about it for years. And here I am. 😀

37 minutes ago, Alamo Cat said:

Oh, having to give up your German citizenship is a big deal, I TOTALLy understand the wait then! Good luck! Hopefully, it goes smoothly and painlessly! :) 
I can be a dual-citizen, so it is really a no-brainer for me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

i applied for my Green Card (10yeard) in October 2017. NOA and biometric were done within 2 weeks and then nothing. No RFE or another extension letter. I’m planning to apply for my citizenship soon. Is there anyone like my case? Or everyone else got another extension?

My application was submitted to Vermont office

31 minutes ago, osts1985 said:

Hello everyone,

i applied for my Green Card (10yeard) in October 2017. NOA and biometric were done within 2 weeks and then nothing. No RFE or another extension letter. I’m planning to apply for my citizenship soon. Is there anyone like my case? Or everyone else got another extension?

My application was submitted to Vermont office

I would confidently say 99% of October 2017 filers are in the same boat as you.

One more sleep until i can submit my N-400!! i am so excited lol!

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.