Timeline
2 hours ago, nompish said:

The officer was true to his word. Check this out

my_logo.png

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

my_logo.png

New Card Is Being Produced

Yayyyy. Congratulations 

I got my 10-year green card and hawked it around for about a month or so before my oath ceremony when I had to hand it in. I really liked not having to carry the extension letter and it just felt good to have something to show for nearly 18-months of waiting.

At my combi interview my IO wasn't sure it if would actually arrive or not, so I wasn't sure but I was really happy to get it it. :) 

No big deal if it hadn't materialised, I was never asked for it.

1 hour ago, Greencardchicago said:

One question who were approved, did you guys get the green cards? My officer told me that cause we are gonna get the citizenship- there will be no need of getting the green card. What are your experiences?? I really want to get the green card also- I feel like we deserve the green card also besides the passport. Lol 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All 

October Filer here. Congrats on all the approvals. I have a few questions and am looking for help 

Just checked online and it shows that a letter was sent out for scheduling an interview. So happy, but the other half is out of country for a family emergency. 

Q1. Usually when the letter comes in, how many weeks out is the actual interview date?

Q2. Can we request to change the date by a couple of months if needed?

Q3. Whats the consequence of changing the date, does her case get extended by weeks, months, years etc. 

I appreciate the help in this matter. Thanks guys and yayi for all approvals

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Interview: 12 March

Notice of oath ceremony: 12 March

Oath ceremony: 19 April 

Time between interview and oath: 39 days, or 5 weeks 4 days, or 1 month and 8 days

Hope that helps and best of luck with getting your oath ceremony date confirmed soon. :) 

6 minutes ago, Greencardchicago said:

Hello everyone, can you please share your experience of how long did you wait from the day of the interview( I was approved on the spot) and getting the date for the ceremony? My interview was on Monday April 22nd, and hopefully I will get the date soon. 

Edited by GoodbyeGirl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

17 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Time between interview and oath: 39 days, or 5 weeks 4 days, or 1 month and 8 days

Hope that helps and best of luck with getting your oath ceremony date confirmed soon. :) 

My city has oath ceremonies only 2 Thursdays a month. For May they have will have them on the 9th and the 30th (3 times a day each). am still waiting for the date but i figure it will be one of those two (praying for the 9th :). 

Edited by nompish

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: Timeline
40 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Thank you for the reply.

I got the same day notice that I was placed in line for the oath ceremony- but unfortunately the ceremony is not scheduled yet. 

I was really lucky. The oath ceremony dates are published for Kansas, so I knew going in that 19 April was the next one. The IO confirmed that at the interview, and said I'd know by the end of the day if he could get me in - there were 25 spots left. 

So after nearly 18 months of hardly anything happening (i-751 + N400) after my interview my phone was buzzing and beeping for the rest of the day as my status rapidly changed. It was great! 

I know other people in the same boat as you who are in line but waiting. I can appreciate the frustration. When you get to this stage, you just want to cross that finishing line... and soon!

3 minutes ago, Greencardchicago said:

Thank you for the reply.

I got the same day notice that I was placed in line for the oath ceremony- but unfortunately the ceremony is not scheduled yet. 

Outcome

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

I was really lucky. The oath ceremony dates are published for Kansas, so I knew going in that 19 April was the next one. The IO confirmed that at the interview, and said I'd know by the end of the day if he could get me in - there were 25 spots left. 

So after nearly 18 months of hardly anything happening (i-751 + N400) after my interview my phone was buzzing and beeping for the rest of the day as my status rapidly changed. It was great! 

I know other people in the same boat as you who are in line but waiting. I can appreciate the frustration. When you get to this stage, you just want to cross that finishing line... and soon!

Chicago has usually 6 or 7 ceremonies a month, so that should not be something that I need to be worried about. I was just hoping that I am gonna get the date. But it is what it is.. there is no option for me rather than wait. :) 

2 hours ago, Masenko said:

Hi All 

October Filer here. Congrats on all the approvals. I have a few questions and am looking for help 

Just checked online and it shows that a letter was sent out for scheduling an interview. So happy, but the other half is out of country for a family emergency. 

Q1. Usually when the letter comes in, how many weeks out is the actual interview date?

Q2. Can we request to change the date by a couple of months if needed?

Q3. Whats the consequence of changing the date, does her case get extended by weeks, months, years etc. 

I appreciate the help in this matter. Thanks guys and yayi for all approvals

Q1: You can check your letter under the document section. If it's not there yet, it will be there in 1 - 3 days. You will know your date for sure than! I got my notice 5 weeks before the interview, I think 4 - 6 weeks is common.

Q2: Yes, you can, not sure how though, I think the letter explains it.

Q3: Not sure, and I don't think there is one right answer. Likely not years, but could be months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.