f.g

How long does it take for EAD to be received from USCIS receiving date?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I submited my I-485 package and had been received by USCIS on 7 September 2018.

Do anyone has experiance how long does it takes to receive the EAD/AP card?

Note:

- I already have OPT EAD card that will expire in May 2019.

- My fingerprint is on 5 October 2018.

I wish anyone who has experinace to give me hope that I may recieved it before May 2019.

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If you had any other catastrophic issue due to the EAD/AP delay, if you go to the local DHS office (make an appointment with infopass) with the proofs of your urgency, they would escalate it and it really works. Here the key is the tangible reason with proof. In my case, my spouse's job loss. Manager gave a letter of termination after certain date if no active EAD.,  we have submitted it and we got the pending EAD in the same week.

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
50 minutes ago, f.g said:

I submited my I-485 package and had been received by USCIS on 7 September 2018.

Do anyone has experiance how long does it takes to receive the EAD/AP card?

Note:

- I already have OPT EAD card that will expire in May 2019.

- My fingerprint is on 5 October 2018.

I wish anyone who has experinace to give me hope that I may recieved it before May 2019.

Thank you

We submitted my wife's I-485 along with her I-765 and I-131 on March 14, 2018, and we're STILL waiting for her EAD/Travel Document combo card... It's taking forever, and it's been hell waiting for so long (literally half a year now). I think luck is a huge factor with these documents. I hear some people get them faster, some don't. You can check the processing times of these documents on the USCIS website - you just need to know which office your documents are being processed.

35 minutes ago, Target2020ForN400 said:

If you had any other catastrophic issue due to the EAD/AP delay, if you go to the local DHS office (make an appointment with infopass) with the proofs of your urgency, they would escalate it and it really works. Here the key is the tangible reason with proof. In my case, my spouse's job loss. Manager gave a letter of termination after certain date if no active EAD.,  we have submitted it and we got the pending EAD in the same week.

Would you happen to know under what other conditions we can have EAD/AP expedited? We've waited literally over 6 months for my wife's combo card to come out, but I don't know what's going on.. For whatever it's worth, her father's been bedridden for the past year in a hospital  in Korea and is in critical medical condition, though we don't think he'll pass soon... Waiting has been so painful, considering how I have to support and don't make "a lot" of money at all.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, a7choi said:

We submitted my wife's I-485 along with her I-765 and I-131 on March 14, 2018, and we're STILL waiting for her EAD/Travel Document combo card... It's taking forever, and it's been hell waiting for so long (literally half a year now). I think luck is a huge factor with these documents. I hear some people get them faster, some don't. You can check the processing times of these documents on the USCIS website - you just need to know which office your documents are being processed.

Would you happen to know under what other conditions we can have EAD/AP expedited? We've waited literally over 6 months for my wife's combo card to come out, but I don't know what's going on.. For whatever it's worth, her father's been bedridden for the past year in a hospital  in Korea and is in critical medical condition, though we don't think he'll pass soon... Waiting has been so painful, considering how I have to support and don't make "a lot" of money at all.

My office is National benifets center.

Did you make any inquiry, as I see from processing time for all office your date already should be out of normal range if I am right (max processing time shown is 6.5 month)

You also say that some got there EAD fast. So do you mean that it is not a rule that it depends on when was submittion? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, f.g said:

My office is National benifets center.

Did you make any inquiry, as I see from processing time for all office your date already should be out of normal range if I am right (max processing time shown is 6.5 month)

You also say that some got there EAD fast. So do you mean that it is not a rule that it depends on when was submittion? 

We've already done an Infopass appointment and called multiple times. To be honest, from my experience, the USCIS workers are quite useless. They don't offer any insightful information and don't seem to know any details of any cases. They only know as much as we do, and the Infopass session was quite disappointing. This was around 2 months ago, and the work said it can come out tomorrow or it can come out in a few months and told us to just wait.

The processing time on the USCIS is just an estimate. Once your application exceeds the processing time, you can put in a service request, which we plan to do soon. We're not at 6.5 months yet, but we will be in a few days.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, a7choi said:

We've already done an Infopass appointment and called multiple times. To be honest, from my experience, the USCIS workers are quite useless. They don't offer any insightful information and don't seem to know any details of any cases. They only know as much as we do, and the Infopass session was quite disappointing. This was around 2 months ago, and the work said it can come out tomorrow or it can come out in a few months and told us to just wait.

The processing time on the USCIS is just an estimate. Once your application exceeds the processing time, you can put in a service request, which we plan to do soon. We're not at 6.5 months yet, but we will be in a few days.

I see.. that why I am asking as the process is very disappointing.

I would appreciate if you let me know any positive news when request service.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, f.g said:

I see.. that why I am asking as the process is very disappointing.

I would appreciate if you let me know any positive news when request service.

I'm hoping something good happens.. I just talked to a friend in a similar situation yesterday.

He recently processed a service request and was notified that they'll get an update within a month or so.. So, who knows what that notice will say..? I wouldn't be surprised if it just says, your application is in process and pending review or something along those lines. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is so frustrating! My husband just got let go on his job because the combo card has yet to come and it’s been a month since we got the notification that it has been mailed. I called USCIS and she told me they are still producing it...how? I got the notification that you mailed it a week before that. I don’t understand why they don’t give you a tracking number on these things or at least make it that you have to sign for your package! I’m so annoyed my husband is annoyed I really wanna fight these people 👊🏾👊🏾 I don’t even know what to do anymore 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Klitt3rJ said:

This is so frustrating! My husband just got let go on his job because the combo card has yet to come and it’s been a month since we got the notification that it has been mailed. I called USCIS and she told me they are still producing it...how? I got the notification that you mailed it a week before that. I don’t understand why they don’t give you a tracking number on these things or at least make it that you have to sign for your package! I’m so annoyed my husband is annoyed I really wanna fight these people 👊🏾👊🏾 I don’t even know what to do anymore 

That is frustrating .. I think you have to keep calling them .. I have read a post for one who submitted his papers and was waiting for his fingerprint appointment for long time. He kept calling them and everytime they told him to wait. Till one time he insisted to speak to a higher officer and finally he reach an officer who told him that we have already sent you the appointment and it is already passed. So the officer replied him that they will rescaduele the appointment for him.

This not my experiance. This was a post that I read. May be true or not. 

But what I want to say that may be the people who answered the phone don't have full access to our cases. May be you can try to talk to higher officer as mentioned in the post if this was true information.

Hope you could find what is going on with your card.

Timeline
13 hours ago, Target2020ForN400 said:

Thank you!. I will do that if I didn't receive my EAD before 2 month from my current OPT EAD expiry date. 

It is now generally taking 5-6 months in many cases. Seems like they are backlogged. If you have a job offer, use that to expedite your EAD card. It would be done over the phone as they no longer do EAD expedites via infopass. If you have a family emergency trip coming, that can be used as a valid reason to expedite using supporting documents.

Just now, SindhuReddy12 said:

My application reached the USCIS offc on September 15 2017 and I got my EAD/AP on December 6th 2017, so it typically takes 3 months for you to get it unless you expedite it for any other reason

Those days have passed...current averages are ~4-6 months. Some sooner, some longer. But 3 months now would be quick.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Hello!

I know your frustration. It took exactly 154 days to receive mine. I applied in late March,  Fingerprints 11th May,  and received My EAD and AP card 30th August. I received my SSN 2/3 days after. It is the worst process to go through. Especially seeing how many people have waited months and months and seeing comments how certain offices are terribly backed up. Just hang in there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.