Diverly

Planning to file CR-1

3 posts in this topic

Is there anyone here file the spouse visa even your spouse/husband is outside of US? Like my husband he is in afghanistan working there as a contractor. And were planning to file spouse visa soon.Do we need to ask some help from the person who have knowledge to do the paper works or we can do it by ourselves? Thank you and advance.😊😊😊 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, there are always options regarding filing a visa application.  Most cases can be done by the applicants alone if they are simple, do not involve criminal matters, or previous overstays.  Questions can always be raised for those doing it themselves here at VJ and there are usually many members willing to help with advice or knowledge they may possess.  One piece of advice, when asking a question here on VJ, try to make it as specific as possible.

The other options are to use a lawyer or visa service.  These of course cost more money and in many cases the applicants will need to keep a close eye on the activities of the lawyer or visa service as they can screw up as well.  One thing to remember is that if you see a lawyer or visa service advertising that they can speed up a visa application, walk away from them as no one can do that.

If doing an application yourself, the best place to start is at the top of the VJ site where the guides are located.  Take a look at the guide for the CR1.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Diverly said:

Is there anyone here file the spouse visa even your spouse/husband is outside of US? Like my husband he is in afghanistan working there as a contractor. And were planning to file spouse visa soon.Do we need to ask some help from the person who have knowledge to do the paper works or we can do it by ourselves? Thank you and advance.😊😊😊 

I have first hand experience doing this actually. I petitioned my then fiancé now wife when I was working as a Contractor in Afghanistan as well. I used the services of a company to help me fill out the paperwork because I was to busy working there. I only used them because I was working in Afghanistan and I did it myself for her AOS and ROC later on. Since you are not in the USA na to send out the paperwork then I would say just go ahead and use someone to send in the paperwork. PM me and I will send you the details of them. 

My asawa is from Davao City and she was in the Philippines when I submitted it.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.