749 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 4:10 AM, Heather & Shahbaz said:

I didn't get my P4 yet, when my case was ready at ceac then I waited for a week and then open up a case by sending the email to support at US traveldocs. They said that they have send me the packet and it's on way and gave me the instructions how to proceed. I took the email print out and booked my medical.

I gave my VAC today and my interview is on Friday. Looks like I'm not gonna get my P4.

P4 is just this letter and a copy of all your application and original documents (so make sure someone securely receives it back at home). Ours arrived while we were on Mumbai trip for appt and Prasad has paid the mail man to hold and delivery only to his father's hands. It did include EVERYTHING about US petitioner and my legal information so I had father keep the copy in family safe for emergency should he need info on me, location, etc or ever an emergency with Prasad here in the states.

https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2017/02/Packet-4-IV-Approved-version.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Call NEVC or email to confirm because I remember Rele Clinic giving Prasad a hard time and he said "This is all we have and they told us this is acceptable!" They finally accepted after strong prompting.

When we finally received P4 it was just instruction doc for next steps and a copy of all our personal documents. You can find it online for India at https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2017/02/Packet-4-IV-Approved-version.pdf. I didn't know this at the time so you should print this out with your appointment confirmation and that should be acceptable.

Also, in Mumbai any extra guest must wait in hallway during check-in but after they started they brought all friends or family to large reception room in office next door with air conditioning and water. It was fun to visit with parents of another applicant and took about a 2hr wait. I showed them this site and all the tricks to answer their questions online.

Have a fun time my friends!!!

I'm headed "home" to Bangalore for a month on Monday to see Prasad and work remote, make a quick business trip to Pune and possibly...maybe....get married if we still don't have K1 approval by Nov 1st (applied Aug 2017 and in AP since April 2018). We know it's a 50/50 but hard to get away for 30-days so thinking about just doing it and switching to CR1 at this point. We might have to flip a coin to decide lol!!

Hey @IndiaAnnie  you are close , please don't give up. I know it has been a very long wait but you have crossed all hurdles till now.

What does the embassy say? They must have updated you something regarding your case. It has been 6 months. Did you contact any Senator to help you out??

Also, what website are you talking about in this sentence - " I showed them this site and all the tricks to answer their questions online."

Timeline

Hi,
I paid my fees via NEFT an hour back but now when I am entering my receipt number it is saying no valid record found. Any idea regarding this ? Will it take 2-3 days for the receipt number to get activated?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi,
I paid my fees via NEFT an hour back but now when I am entering my receipt number it is saying no valid record found. Any idea regarding this ? Will it take 2-3 days for the receipt number to get activated?

You don't have to enter any number. Log back in 2-3 days and the website will automatically tell you that you have receipt number to attach.

You will not get the number from bank. The number is usually the same account number you have transferred the amount but some preceding character removed.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Heather & Shahbaz said:

You don't have to enter any number. Log back in 2-3 days and the website will automatically tell you that you have receipt number to attach.

You will not get the number from bank. The number is usually the same account number you have transferred the amount but some preceding character removed.

Okay will do so.

Hey how was your interview today???

Timeline
44 minutes ago, A_R said:

Okay will do so.

Hey how was your interview today???

It was going pretty well and then the co get to our age gap. Gave me 221g for more proof of ongoing relationship.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Heather & Shahbaz said:

It was going pretty well and then the co get to our age gap. Gave me 221g for more proof of ongoing relationship.

Ohh what is the age gap between you two?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, IndiaAnnie said:

Call NEVC or email to confirm because I remember Rele Clinic giving Prasad a hard time and he said "This is all we have and they told us this is acceptable!" They finally accepted after strong prompting.

When we finally received P4 it was just instruction doc for next steps and a copy of all our personal documents. You can find it online for India at https://in.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/71/2017/02/Packet-4-IV-Approved-version.pdf. I didn't know this at the time so you should print this out with your appointment confirmation and that should be acceptable.

Also, in Mumbai any extra guest must wait in hallway during check-in but after they started they brought all friends or family to large reception room in office next door with air conditioning and water. It was fun to visit with parents of another applicant and took about a 2hr wait. I showed them this site and all the tricks to answer their questions online.

Have a fun time my friends!!!

I'm headed "home" to Bangalore for a month on Monday to see Prasad and work remote, make a quick business trip to Pune and possibly...maybe....get married if we still don't have K1 approval by Nov 1st (applied Aug 2017 and in AP since April 2018). We know it's a 50/50 but hard to get away for 30-days so thinking about just doing it and switching to CR1 at this point. We might have to flip a coin to decide lol!!

Why does the instructions document say we need to fill DS-260 instead of 160. Once NVC case number received what are the steps to do, can anyone post it pl? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, A_R said:

You get it with your passport after visa interview n approval. Your passport should have your K1 visa. This packet you SHOULD NOT open and have to give to the Customs Officer at the time of entering USA.

But to travel outside the country u need ur passport if it is sealed how will we travel?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, pknick said:

But to travel outside the country u need ur passport if it is sealed how will we travel?

Passport is in outer pouch so you can open to get passport. Then there is a large envelope inside mail envelope with warning "Do not open"!! You'll understand once received just read instructions on package well.

Timeline
1 hour ago, pknick said:

Why does the instructions document say we need to fill DS-260 instead of 160. Once NVC case number received what are the steps to do, can anyone post it pl? 

Hey @pknick

Don’t worry that document was not for K1. Following ate the steps for K1 visa:

1. From your time line NVC received your case on October 10th. If you haven’t already called, call them and ask your case. # and invoice #. You can call on +1 (603) 334-0700 , first press 1 then 2 , then hold n give all info they ask for. 

2. After you get your case number, it will be sent to US Consulate in Mumbai. The next batch from NVC should leave on October 17th n if you are lucky your case should go in transit to Embassy in that batch. If not cases leave every 2 weeks on Tuesday/Wednesday from NVC

After getting your case # you can track at this link -https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Make sure to select visa type as “Immigrant Visa”. 

Here on the link there will ve 3 updates first - At NVC, second - In transit ( meaning on the way to your Embassy) and third n last - Ready (meaning case has been received at your Consulate)

Generly it takes about 4-5 times from in transit to ready meaning it takes that much time to reach the Consulate.

Technically , after you get your case # you can complete DS-160 form , pay the fees and book your all three appointments ( medical, OFC and Visa Interview) but remember to keep a decent gap.

After your case reaches the Embassy they send you Packet 4 via postal mail n it takes about 10 days n it contains a letter, instructions for doing all the appointments n your original i129f package.

Depending upon where you decide to have medical exam, you might need the letter from Packet 4. Sometimes you can also email us travel docs after your case is ready n they email you the P4 instructions on email which you can use your medical.

Remember to keep a gap of atleast 5 days between medical n Visa Interview n 24 hours gap between OFC n Interview. 

Hope that helps you. Ask away if you have more questions.

Best of luck !!!

P.S Here is the link for K1 Packet 4 for Mumbai:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cvd08ORAi3hZbMlwekPEXRgksd0Bqy_9

Timeline

Anyone here who knows what happens after 221g? I wanted to know if I have to go back for the interview again? Please share if you guys know anything.

Timeline
10 hours ago, A_R said:

Hey @pknick

Don’t worry that document was not for K1. Following ate the steps for K1 visa:

1. From your time line NVC received your case on October 10th. If you haven’t already called, call them and ask your case. # and invoice #. You can call on +1 (603) 334-0700 , first press 1 then 2 , then hold n give all info they ask for. 

2. After you get your case number, it will be sent to US Consulate in Mumbai. The next batch from NVC should leave on October 17th n if you are lucky your case should go in transit to Embassy in that batch. If not cases leave every 2 weeks on Tuesday/Wednesday from NVC

After getting your case # you can track at this link -https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Make sure to select visa type as “Immigrant Visa”. 

Here on the link there will ve 3 updates first - At NVC, second - In transit ( meaning on the way to your Embassy) and third n last - Ready (meaning case has been received at your Consulate)

Generly it takes about 4-5 times from in transit to ready meaning it takes that much time to reach the Consulate.

Technically , after you get your case # you can complete DS-160 form , pay the fees and book your all three appointments ( medical, OFC and Visa Interview) but remember to keep a decent gap.

After your case reaches the Embassy they send you Packet 4 via postal mail n it takes about 10 days n it contains a letter, instructions for doing all the appointments n your original i129f package.

Depending upon where you decide to have medical exam, you might need the letter from Packet 4. Sometimes you can also email us travel docs after your case is ready n they email you the P4 instructions on email which you can use your medical.

Remember to keep a gap of atleast 5 days between medical n Visa Interview n 24 hours gap between OFC n Interview. 

Hope that helps you. Ask away if you have more questions.

Best of luck !!!

P.S Here is the link for K1 Packet 4 for Mumbai:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Cvd08ORAi3hZbMlwekPEXRgksd0Bqy_9

Tq @A_R it was awesome and u should put in google docs.. this will help a lot of people to avoid confusions. 

Also is there any link for a medical exam, I tried the link in the google docs for packet 4 for Mumbai.. it didn't work. I wanted to know the hospitals available for a medical exam in Hyderabad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.