Laanie

K1 Medical Examinations (Medical history needed?)

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I couldn't find any specific thread on this so I thought I would ask here...

I'm at the NVC stage waiting on case number which I expect will come shortly. However, my fiancé is preparing in advance for his medical exams and interview - collecting all necessary paperwork. My question is, beside the basic immigration stuff (passport photos, passport, etc) what will he need to bring medical records to the examination? If so, which ones? I think it might be quite hard to collect all his medical history as I don't think it's too centralized in Santa Marta, where he is from. I'm not entirely familiar with the Colombian health system (aside from my visits to the ER and a couple check-ups while I lived there for a year). 

Please let me know in Spanish or English, I'll be translating it to Spanish for my fiancé anyways, hahaha. We want to be prepared especially because he will have to travel quite far to have these medical exams! Thank youuuuu!

---

No pude encontrar ningún chatea específica sobre esto, así que pensé que podría preguntar aquí...

Estoy en la etapa de NVC esperando el número de caso que espero que llegue pronto. Sin embargo, mi comprometido se está preparando con anticipación para sus exámenes médicos y entrevistas, recogiendo todos los documentos necesarios. Mi pregunta es, además del material básico de inmigración (fotos de pasaporte, pasaporte, etc.), que deberá traer registros médicos al examen - y sí él necesita... que necesita exactamente? 

Creo que puede ser bastante difícil recopilar toda su historia clínica ya que no creo que esté demasiado centralizada en Santa Marta, de donde es él. No estoy completamente familiarizado con el sistema de salud colombiano (aparte de mis visitas a la sala de emergencias y un par de citas durante el año viví por ahí).

Acepto respuestas en español o inglés (pero voy a traducirlos a español luego para enviarlos a mi novio, jajaja). Queremos estar preparados estos exámenes pq él tiene que viajar bastante para llegar estas citas. Gracias!!!!!!

Edited by Laanie
spelling/missed words

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The only thing my wife had to gather for her medical exam records wise was an immunization history. Which she didn't have as they don't really keep track of that. So she went to the red cross medical hospital in Bangkok and was tested to see what she needed. She worked on getting the immunization shots at the red cross center as it was much cheaper than one of the embassy approved hospitals in Bangkok. Any that were missing were then administered at her medical exam.

Removing Conditions 

I-751 Sent:    04-Nov-2020

i-751 Received: 10-Nov-2020

Fee charged: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1 Received: 17-Dec-2020

24 mo. Extension: 15-Nov-2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Laanie said:

I couldn't find any specific thread on this so I thought I would ask here...

I'm at the NVC stage waiting on case number which I expect will come shortly. However, my fiancé is preparing in advance for his medical exams and interview - collecting all necessary paperwork. My question is, beside the basic immigration stuff (passport photos, passport, etc) what will he need to bring medical records to the examination? If so, which ones? I think it might be quite hard to collect all his medical history as I don't think it's too centralized in Santa Marta, where he is from. I'm not entirely familiar with the Colombian health system (aside from my visits to the ER and a couple check-ups while I lived there for a year). 

Please let me know in Spanish or English, I'll be translating it to Spanish for my fiancé anyways, hahaha. We want to be prepared especially because he will have to travel quite far to have these medical exams! Thank youuuuu!

---

No pude encontrar ningún chatea específica sobre esto, así que pensé que podría preguntar aquí...

Estoy en la etapa de NVC esperando el número de caso que espero que llegue pronto. Sin embargo, mi comprometido se está preparando con anticipación para sus exámenes médicos y entrevistas, recogiendo todos los documentos necesarios. Mi pregunta es, además del material básico de inmigración (fotos de pasaporte, pasaporte, etc.), que deberá traer registros médicos al examen - y sí él necesita... que necesita exactamente? 

Creo que puede ser bastante difícil recopilar toda su historia clínica ya que no creo que esté demasiado centralizada en Santa Marta, de donde es él. No estoy completamente familiarizado con el sistema de salud colombiano (aparte de mis visitas a la sala de emergencias y un par de citas durante el año viví por ahí).

Acepto respuestas en español o inglés (pero voy a traducirlos a español luego para enviarlos a mi novio, jajaja). Queremos estar preparados estos exámenes pq él tiene que viajar bastante para llegar estas citas. Gracias!!!!!!

I think your fiance needs to go on the website of the hospital he'll attend to have the medical exam also call them on the phone. Medical record is for he's used some medicine for a long time.So he will have it.If not, he might not need it. The doctor will decide if he needs to take any shots. I don't have any vaccination records so I'll take them all. I don't want to waste my time to wait the report then go back to take the shots later. Hope it help you. 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.