argylejegirl

NVC Stage (administrative processing)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I called last week and got my case number from the NVC for our k1 visa petition. I called to see if it was sent out to the embassy and they said it was under administrative processing. What does that mean exactly? The lady I spoke to on the phone was unable to give me any kind of timeline for how long that could take. She just said my case was under review. 

What does administrative processing mean at the NVC stage? Has anyone had this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, argylejegirl said:

I called last week and got my case number from the NVC for our k1 visa petition. I called to see if it was sent out to the embassy and they said it was under administrative processing. What does that mean exactly? The lady I spoke to on the phone was unable to give me any kind of timeline for how long that could take. She just said my case was under review. 

I'm in the same boat as you. 

Our case has been sitting in "administrative processing" for over 4 weeks now and every time I call they just tell me there is no timeline. 

Ours is merely a re-affirmation so our case number was assigned months ago. Long story short, ours had zero complications other than a mess up on USCIS's part that we ultimately ended up paying for. 

I was also told by the NVC on every call I made that the CEAC status tracker has nothing to do with them....how messed up is that? What is the purpose of the CEAC tracker then if they don't utilize it? The whole process is dysfunctional and it only seems to be getting worse. 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

Our case has been sitting in "administrative processing" for over 4 weeks now and every time I call they just tell me there is no timeline. 

Ours is merely a re-affirmation so our case number was assigned months ago. Long story short, ours had zero complications other than a mess up on USCIS's part that we ultimately ended up paying for. 

I was also told by the NVC on every call I made that the CEAC status tracker has nothing to do with them....how messed up is that? What is the purpose of the CEAC tracker then if they don't utilize it? The whole process is dysfunctional and it only seems to be getting worse. 

So sorry to hear that! Hopefully we will both hear from them soon! Keep me updated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 hours ago, argylejegirl said:

I think you are okay.   If your embassy receives cases from the NVC electronically your case will be sent on the 18th of september to your embassy.  There is no official NVC policy for this but we have seen this to be the case of the past 2 months or so. THe last batch was sent on 9/4 so next tuesday 9/18 they should send the next batch and yours should be included in that group.

Timeline
18 hours ago, GP1977 said:

I think you are okay.   If your embassy receives cases from the NVC electronically your case will be sent on the 18th of september to your embassy.  There is no official NVC policy for this but we have seen this to be the case of the past 2 months or so. THe last batch was sent on 9/4 so next tuesday 9/18 they should send the next batch and yours should be included in that group.

Thank you so much! That makes me feel a lot better! 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/11/2018 at 1:55 AM, Alekezam said:

Hi, please let me join. What's the progress of your Administrative Processing? Did you get your visa? I have the same situation Administrative processing. They took my passport and yes l called to their support about this and I think they have no access but just an online CEAC that we are using to monitor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, ClaudRy said:

Hi, please let me join. What's the progress of your Administrative Processing? Did you get your visa? I have the same situation Administrative processing. They took my passport and yes l called to their support about this and I think they have no access but just an online CEAC that we are using to monitor.

I don't believe the administrative processing that you are referring to is the same as the one we are in. 

Our case is in administrative processing at the NVC waiting to be forwarded on to the embassy. So our package has not yet been received by the embassy like yours has. 

I've done a few searches on the subject and it appears to me that there are some differences between AP at the NVC and AP at the embassy. AP at the embassy from what I've read is more complicated of an issue. 

Neither have time frames associated with them so we are basically at their mercy. Sucks but there's not a whole lot we can do other than wait. Super annoying....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.