tlatrice70

side loading (split topic)

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 9/4/2018 at 8:41 AM, Christophersnow11 said:

I have read your statements and I think you are overloading yourself with a lot of fear my wife and I was married in Ghana Accra and she was cleared last year and came to America this year and I can tell you my process that I did to get it done right

Can you please advise me on your steps? I'm currently am waiting on my NOA2 and i did not do a lot of front loading. As of now i'm putting together more evidence in advance. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

Can you please advise me on your steps? I'm currently am waiting on my NOA2 and i did not do a lot of front loading. As of now i'm putting together more evidence in advance. 

As for me, I did not front load nor side load. Since you are waiting for NVC stage, is an opportunity for you to side load with evidence at NVC stage.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Posts split from unrelated thread; please start your own thread with your own questions instead of hijacking threads started by other members.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline
3 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

Ghana is a tough embassy, it is very important to frontload at the USCIS stage but since you didn't do that, now it is very important to frontload at the NVC stage. The Consular Officers in Ghana reviews evidence couple of days before the interview  day and they make their decisions before interview day so it is important for them to have all your evidence before interview day. I frontloaded at the USCIS and NVC stage and my husband CR 1 visa got approved. My hubby (fiance at the time) was denied K1 visa in 2016 and I did not frontload the petition at that time.

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

Make sure you have a lot of evidence to proves your case,remember the evidence you provide to the N.V.C office is the one they're going to used to submit your documents to your interview place and if it's not sufficient the C.O will write to provide the rest of the evidence.(1)Your pictures both of you and your family and friends of both sides (2)chat history both U.S and Ghana(3)money transfer receipts both U.S and Ghana(4)Any receipts related between both of you.  

Timeline

@Sugarlegetiti

what do you recommend on sending for additional evidence? I sent in roughly 25+ photos of us and his family & friends along with wedding photos, our marriage certificates from the registrar and church, boarding tickets, Updated driver licenses and social security card with my new last name. I didn't include any chat logs (which i have collected now). I decided because there were tons pages, I took pieces of a conversation from everyday over the course of 1year. I hope that is enough. I will have more photos and another set of boarding tickets because i will be back in Ghana next month visiting him and also in March for a friends wedding.

I really don't have any FB conversation because i'm not on there often however My husband and I have a few pictures we each posted of one another (some months ago), should i screenshot those?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chiefay said:

Make sure you have a lot of evidence to proves your case,remember the evidence you provide to the N.V.C office is the one they're going to used to submit your documents to your interview place and if it's not sufficient the C.O will write to provide the rest of the evidence.(1)Your pictures both of you and your family and friends of both sides (2)chat history both U.S and Ghana(3)money transfer receipts both U.S and Ghana(4)Any receipts related between both of you.  

My Husband don't have any photos with my family because he is still in Ghana.  My family always video chat or communicate with him on my phone while we are talking, do you think that will a problem? We do have money transfers receipts I can include but i read on other threads that showing money receipts wasn't necessary. Nonetheless I will make copies of them.

Also when will i have the opportunity to submit this additional information to NVC

Timeline
34 minutes ago, tlatrice70 said:

@Sugarlegetiti

what do you recommend on sending for additional evidence? I sent in roughly 25+ photos of us and his family & friends along with wedding photos, our marriage certificates from the registrar and church, boarding tickets, Updated driver licenses and social security card with my new last name. I didn't include any chat logs (which i have collected now). I decided because there were tons pages, I took pieces of a conversation from everyday over the course of 1year. I hope that is enough. I will have more photos and another set of boarding tickets because i will be back in Ghana next month visiting him and also in March for a friends wedding.

I really don't have any FB conversation because i'm not on there often however My husband and I have a few pictures we each posted of one another (some months ago), should i screenshot those?

So far the evidence you have provided is okay  for now but please add chat and call logs between you and your husband very important to prove continuous relationship. Do screenshots of video calls between your family and you husband, also your family in the USA should write an affidavits about knowledge of your marriage. With Facebook the consular officers and their assistants do check it on their so the will see the post so no need to screenshot it. You will have a chance to send the March visit evidence at NVC stage. You can send me a message if you have any questions and I am here to help. So far you are on the right track.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, tlatrice70 said:

My Husband don't have any photos with my family because he is still in Ghana.  My family always video chat or communicate with him on my phone while we are talking, do you think that will a problem? We do have money transfers receipts I can include but i read on other threads that showing money receipts wasn't necessary. Nonetheless I will make copies of them.

Also when will i have the opportunity to submit this additional information to NVC

No N.V.C finished your case that is why they sent your case to where you are going to interview.The additional information or any evidence will go to where you have your interview,that means C.O is going to request for that additional information or any evidence they need if the evidence you submitted to N.V.C is not enough.Remember N.V.C office is distributed our cases to various places when your case is ready for interview where you are scheduled for interview but the visa approve decision is taking by C.O where you are scheduled for interview. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sugarlegetiti said:

So far the evidence you have provided is okay  for now but please add chat and call logs between you and your husband very important to prove continuous relationship. Do screenshots of video calls between your family and you husband, also your family in the USA should write an affidavits about knowledge of your marriage. With Facebook the consular officers and their assistants do check it on their so the will see the post so no need to screenshot it. You will have a chance to send the March visit evidence at NVC stage. You can send me a message if you have any questions and I am here to help. So far you are on the right track.

Thank you!!! i will most definitely message you with more questions/guidance. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Chiefay said:

No N.V.C finished your case that is why they sent your case to where you are going to interview.The additional information or any evidence will go to where you have your interview,that means C.O is going to request for that additional information or any evidence they need if the evidence you submitted to N.V.C is not enough.Remember N.V.C office is distributed our cases to various places when your case is ready for interview where you are scheduled for interview but the visa approve decision is taking by C.O where you are scheduled for interview. 

Secondly N.V.C send you a letter informed  you that your case is ready for interview asking you for supporting documents,any documents you send to N.V.C they used that to attached your file and send to where you are scheduled for interview and after submitting your case they finished you.Finally if your case is still in N.V.C office then you have chance to submit extra documents to them with case number....

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Chiefay said:

My case is still with USCIS, i'm awaiting my NOA2. If they send me an RFE is that when i can send them what i have collected? If they don't send me an RFE than it safe to say my husband should have the additional documents with him during the interview. I'm I understanding this correctly?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, tlatrice70 said:

My case is still with USCIS, i'm awaiting my NOA2. If they send me an RFE is that when i can send them what i have collected? If they don't send me an RFE than it safe to say my husband should have the additional documents with him during the interview. I'm I understanding this correctly?

Yes my sister you are right...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, tlatrice70 said:

Try to side load during the NVC stage. Photos and chat/call logs are secondary evidences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.