Shalom12528

Immigrant visa after an approved waiver for inadmissability

9 posts in this topic

Yesterday I went to Juarez, CDJ Consulate,  for my  interview which was  scheduled for 9:15 a.m.  

I got there a bit early at 7:30. They were letting all hours in so I went in with just my papers and a lipstick. Nowadays they do not let

you in with anything except for your papers, folders and wallet. Do not bring any electronics, cell phone, pen drive etc they did though let me enter with the medical CD.

The Plaza Consulado which is to the right of the consulate, about a block down, has lockers that you pay $30 pesos to use. To the left of the consulate there is a kiosk store named Extra and there they will also hold your stuff

for a small fee but they do not have lockers.

After being let in and going for the first screening window where they make sure you have your photos, documents etc they send you to pay $325 within the consulate for the official interview. They do not except  payment coming from different cards or currencies. It either as to come from one credit/or debit card in your name or from one currency in cash. No mixed payment forms, like they accept at the medical appointment. This threw me off so I was back outside trying to get my payment coming in neatly from one currency and source. And hour and a half later I get back in and the consulate was just about empty. I waited at the place to pay for about 45 minutes till someone showed. I was a little nervous while waiting thinking I had lost my opportunity, that things had already started to shut down. But I was told that once let in they won't send you out if you haven't been processed, it does not matter how long it takes. Apparently, I    re showed when they were taking their lunch hour. 

After making my payment I went back to the same area where I had originally spoke to an official behind a glass. Place was empty, except for the guards, who were gracious  I waited for about 1 hour. Then the official who was to give me my interview showed. My case was an I-601, DS 260 waiver that I had waited about 13 months to come through. He asked very simple questions, how long we've been married, how many kids birthdays...etc. Then had me sit and wait some more. Then showed again and told me my immigrant visa  was approved! He gave me a green slip of paper saying my visa has been approved with instructions for it being mailed to me. The officer said I should receive my visa within two weeks.

I was so sick all day from the tension that I couldn't even form a prayer... but God is faithful.

Attached are some files that helped me be ready for the interview. 

CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez Interveiw Checklist.pdf

appt letter_checklist for interview.pdf

10 hours ago, Cynthi said:

U mean they didnt ask for recent tax or recent AOS?

Yes... sorry... I did turn those in also...... although weirdly they didn't ask for my police reports....

2 hours ago, Eclipz19 said:

Congrats! Did they look at your medical documents?

Yes, they took a clipping off of it and put it in my file... in the first screening before having to pay for the interview

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Danifrangutier said:

Did they ask you how you came into the U.S?

Just one question... where I had originally gotten my ten year visa from. This interview was for my DS 260 I had to wait outside the U.S. about 13 months after being accepted.  If you're asking about my past visits into the U.S. I was not asked about that extensively because that was all asked in my first interview years back where I was deemed inadmissible because I had petitioned various extensions while on my visits to the U.S. with my kids and hubby, all American citizens.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.