cheep-cheep

Medical exam failed

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I’m a US citizen and I applied for green card for my Dad who is in the Philippines back in 2016. Everything went well until his medical exam. He failed it due to lung issue, but He is now ok. Since then I have not done anything. Just got caught up with life, work and being a mom. Is there anyway I can request to redo his medical or do we have to start all over again? 

What steps should I take from here?

Thanks in advance!

Start all over.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

How long ago was this? Failing the medical, I mean? Did you get an actual denial? You need to check to see if your application is still pending or denied. If it’s still pending you need to talk to them to find out what they need. If it’s a new medical and how to submit it. If it was denied then you need to start over. But you must find out what happened to this application before moving forward because you can’t apply again if the application is still pending. 

11 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

How long ago was this? Failing the medical, I mean? Did you get an actual denial? You need to check to see if your application is still pending or denied. If it’s still pending you need to talk to them to find out what they need. If it’s a new medical and how to submit it. If it was denied then you need to start over. But you must find out what happened to this application before moving forward because you can’t apply again if the application is still pending. 

OP said she applied in 2016.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

I did not get a denial letter. I only know what my Dad told me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Roel said:

OP said she applied in 2016.

She could have been processing all that time. It’s been known to happen. 

16 minutes ago, cheep-cheep said:

I did not get a denial letter. I only know what my Dad told me.

He must have gotten something official from them. You need to find out if his application is still active. 

If the petition has not expired (it probably has....check with the embassy if they still have it), you can continue with the process as-is. Otherwise, once sent back to USCIS, it expires so you need to start all over from scratch.

Edit: I just noticed this was for your dad, so that means it was an I-130. An I-130 does not expire, although it could be sent the the NRC and eventually destroyed. Check with the embassy and NVC to see where it is.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Some people failed the medical exam due to lung issue, but they can attend the interview.

However, their visa is delayed until they finish the treatment (about 6 months - 1 year).

After that, the medical examiner will send their medical result to the embassy, and the embassy will issue the visa to them after ensure that they are healthy.

Which mean their case is delayed, not cancelled, even 1 year.

Therefore, you should contact the NVC or the embassy and ask them about your case status, to know where is your case now, so you can submit the petition for processing your father's case. If your case is cancelled (because you did not contact NVC, embassy within 1 Year), then you have to start all over again.

P/S: If the embassy agrees to process your case, your father has to do the medical exam again and the interview (if he did not attend the interview), because the medical exam result is valid within 6 months only.

Edited by Triple28

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2018 at 10:18 AM, cheep-cheep said:

Hi,

I’m a US citizen and I applied for green card for my Dad who is in the Philippines back in 2016. Everything went well until his medical exam. He failed it due to lung issue, but He is now ok. Since then I have not done anything. Just got caught up with life, work and being a mom. Is there anyway I can request to redo his medical or do we have to start all over again? 

What steps should I take from here?

Thanks in advance!

You should contact the US Embassy in Manila. If your file have been submitted already to the embassy Manila, it must be still there.  Have his passport # and exp.date ready, birthday, etc. My mother had to go a treatment for 8 months and had completed the process. She just passed her interview last week and awaiting for visa. 

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.