AnGrig

K fiance petition returned back to USCIS

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Our NOA1 is November 14, 2017

We had a RFE, sent the document needed, got approved and the case was sent to NVC, NVC issued us a number, however two days later the case was sent back to USCIS.

The website states The department of stste sent it back to USCIS for further review. I never had any mail from embassy, our lawyaer has even contacted the embassy and they said they have not received our case. And now we receive such a letter. 

What can I do? Any advice?

40368404_1944229628973664_4307661466980319232_n.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Its very rare that a case is returned before an interview.  The only thing I can think of is something came up as NVC was entering in the system.   Perhaps they came across something that will need to be addressed to proceed.   You mentioned criminal records in other post.   Depending on what those are for this could have caused some issues or initiated some concern in the fraud department. 

These are just guesses...but in order to proceed you'll need to find out why.  You can refile but without knowing how to overcome why it was returned you may be back here again next year.   I would contact the senator and see if they can get more info perhaps file a FOIA.   Your petition will most likely expire some will tell you  to marry and file CR1 but before doing that try to figure out why this was returned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Its very rare that a case is returned before an interview.  The only thing I can think of is something came up as NVC was entering in the system.   Perhaps they came across something that will need to be addressed to proceed.   You mentioned criminal records in other post.   Depending on what those are for this could have caused some issues or initiated some concern in the fraud department. 

These are just guesses...but in order to proceed you'll need to find out why.  You can refile but without knowing how to overcome why it was returned you may be back here again next year.   I would contact the senator and see if they can get more info perhaps file a FOIA.   Your petition will most likely expire some will tell you  to marry and file CR1 but before doing that try to figure out why this was returned.

Yes, we are writing the senator, the problem is that they have stated the case never reached embassy.... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.