Eh0225

Help regarding the petition

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Hey, we have all of the forms filled out but  we still need to have the story of our relationship and the pictures and call logs/chats and other proof of our relationship. Problem is I don't know how to begin writing and what exactly to include. Does anyone have an outline or an example? Also, about the pictures and call/chat logs, how many should I include? We've been together for almost 5 years and met 3 times. And how should I lay them out? Is printing them okay or do they need to be developed? And regarding other proof such as cards, boarding passes, etc.. do we need to copy those and print it out? 

Thank you :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here is what I sent

Dan and I met in an internet chat room called Chat Palz on December 19, 2015. He was teasing me about being an Indianapolis Colts fan. I messaged him to let him know what I thought about his comments against my team and the rest, as they say, was history. We have spoken to each other every day since that moment. After a few months, I decided to take the plunge and go to England to meet him.

On April 26, 2016, I flew to London. I must admit that I have never been so nervous and excited in my life. After going through customs and collecting my baggage, I walked out the doors and there he was. Our first kiss in Heathrow melted away any doubt about meeting him. We spent 2 weeks driving all over England and seeing sites in Cornwall, West Essex, Brighton and London. It was on this trip that we decided to “make it official” as a couple on Facebook.

On December 17, 2016, Dan flew to Fort Wayne Indiana to spend the holidays with my family and me. We spent Christmas with my parents and siblings. We introduced him to all our traditions and learned more about his. On Christmas, Dan gifted me with a promise ring. We began having the conversation on how to take our relationship to the next level and start planning a life together. On New Year’s Eve, we attended the vow renewal of my mom and step-dad and then went to the first ever ball drop in downtown Fort Wayne.

On May 27, 2017, Dan returned to Fort Wayne Indiana for a visit. My family and friends got a chance to show him our city and the things we have to offer. He attended the wedding of one of my best friends with me. At the wedding, he had the chance to meet many of my friends. On this visit, my mom gifted Dan a set of diamond earrings of hers with the purpose of using them for my engagement ring.

On December 22, 2017, I traveled to England to spend the holidays with Dan and his family. He picked me up in London and we drove to Birmingham to stay with his parents. The day after Christmas, we took a trip that included going to Rome, Malta, and Barcelona. While in Malta, on New Year’s Day, Dan proposed to me! Of course I said yes! (Due to the timing of a Visa, I had already purchased my wedding dress and contacted vendors for pricing, so it is a good thing he did!) The night before I left to return home, Dan’s parents had an engagement party for us where I got to meet a lot of his family.

Dan and I are very excited to build and share a life together. Both of our families are in complete support of our relationship and his move.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

. I just printed out a few pictures from each of our meetings and just a couple pages of chat logs from different times over the relationship. I hope that helps!

18 minutes ago, Megan&Daniel said:

Here is what I sent

Dan and I met in an internet chat room called Chat Palz on December 19, 2015. He was teasing me about being an Indianapolis Colts fan. I messaged him to let him know what I thought about his comments against my team and the rest, as they say, was history. We have spoken to each other every day since that moment. After a few months, I decided to take the plunge and go to England to meet him.

On April 26, 2016, I flew to London. I must admit that I have never been so nervous and excited in my life. After going through customs and collecting my baggage, I walked out the doors and there he was. Our first kiss in Heathrow melted away any doubt about meeting him. We spent 2 weeks driving all over England and seeing sites in Cornwall, West Essex, Brighton and London. It was on this trip that we decided to “make it official” as a couple on Facebook.

On December 17, 2016, Dan flew to Fort Wayne Indiana to spend the holidays with my family and me. We spent Christmas with my parents and siblings. We introduced him to all our traditions and learned more about his. On Christmas, Dan gifted me with a promise ring. We began having the conversation on how to take our relationship to the next level and start planning a life together. On New Year’s Eve, we attended the vow renewal of my mom and step-dad and then went to the first ever ball drop in downtown Fort Wayne.

On May 27, 2017, Dan returned to Fort Wayne Indiana for a visit. My family and friends got a chance to show him our city and the things we have to offer. He attended the wedding of one of my best friends with me. At the wedding, he had the chance to meet many of my friends. On this visit, my mom gifted Dan a set of diamond earrings of hers with the purpose of using them for my engagement ring.

On December 22, 2017, I traveled to England to spend the holidays with Dan and his family. He picked me up in London and we drove to Birmingham to stay with his parents. The day after Christmas, we took a trip that included going to Rome, Malta, and Barcelona. While in Malta, on New Year’s Day, Dan proposed to me! Of course I said yes! (Due to the timing of a Visa, I had already purchased my wedding dress and contacted vendors for pricing, so it is a good thing he did!) The night before I left to return home, Dan’s parents had an engagement party for us where I got to meet a lot of his family.

Dan and I are very excited to build and share a life together. Both of our families are in complete support of our relationship and his move.

. I just printed out a few pictures from each of our meetings and just a couple pages of chat logs from different times over the relationship. I hope that helps!

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you sharing that. I think your story made my day. :)

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Megan&Daniel said:

Here is what I sent

Thank you so much, that really helped a lot and what a beautiful story.

My husband is also from Indiana :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

The main thing to follow as the examples above, is a timeline that’s concise.  I did something similar and then had a section of travel documents and a few pictures from each trip.  I just added a label of the date and place on each trip, so that your timeline you write should match documents and pictures.  

Pictures can can be on paper, easier for handling if everything is the same size.  Also easier for photocopying the packet before sending it off (and to take to the interview).  

I sent a page of a random chats, one per week, double sided.  For yours, maybe one page per month, just to show a regular flow of communication.  The dates matter, not the content of the conversation.  I got the sense they paid little attention.

Travel documents can be anything.  Some swear it must be a boarding pass, but I sent e tickets and confirmations from hotels.  Those along with pictures were fine.  Only if they have reason to doubt the trips took place would you need more and I’ve only seen it be an issue once here with a shaky case.

I laid out the entire case this way:

Letter

Forms

Travel (airline tickets/hotel/pics with each trip’s documents together in chronological order)

Chats

Financial-he was an authorized user of a debit and credit card, so I included statements with his activity.  You may not have done this, which is fibe

Notarized statements (overkill, but got 3)

Timeline
7 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

The main thing to follow as the examples above, is a timeline that’s concise.  I did something similar and then had a section of travel documents and a few pictures from each trip.  I just added a label of the date and place on each trip, so that your timeline you write should match documents and pictures.  

Pictures can can be on paper, easier for handling if everything is the same size.  Also easier for photocopying the packet before sending it off (and to take to the interview).  

I sent a page of a random chats, one per week, double sided.  For yours, maybe one page per month, just to show a regular flow of communication.  The dates matter, not the content of the conversation.  I got the sense they paid little attention.

Travel documents can be anything.  Some swear it must be a boarding pass, but I sent e tickets and confirmations from hotels.  Those along with pictures were fine.  Only if they have reason to doubt the trips took place would you need more and I’ve only seen it be an issue once here with a shaky case.

I laid out the entire case this way:

Letter

Forms

Travel (airline tickets/hotel/pics with each trip’s documents together in chronological order)

Chats

Financial-he was an authorized user of a debit and credit card, so I included statements with his activity.  You may not have done this, which is fibe

Notarized statements (overkill, but got 3)

Thank you so much :)

some questions though, what was the financial part about? And were the statements hand written? Does it matter at all as long as they're notarized?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
10 hours ago, Eh0225 said:

Thank you so much :)

some questions though, what was the financial part about? And were the statements hand written? Does it matter at all as long as they're notarized?

Financial is if you have any financial minglings, which not something everyone has before living together.  He was authorized user on a debit and credit card, because he was in school and not working.  I also sent money, which again may not apply and is fine if not.

The statements are also not heavy duty evidence but just a nice touch.  They can be hand written, I got two of the three notarized.  If not notarized, just provide the person’s contact information as a gesture of authenticity, but don’t sweat these too much.

Edited by bakphx1

Timeline
13 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

Financial is if you have any financial minglings, which not something everyone has before living together.  He was authorized user on a debit and credit card, because he was in school and not working.  I also sent money, which again may not apply and is fine if not.

The statements are also not heavy duty evidence but just a nice touch.  They can be hand written, I got two of the three notarized.  If not notarized, just provide the person’s contact information as a gesture of authenticity, but don’t sweat these too much.

Thank you! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.