Jump to content

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm in little trouble and confused, I'm leaving at same address from last 15 years but by mistaken in PCC they Wrote 17 years,  is there any problem. when we filled form I-130 form there we mentioned 15 years, but when we will fill the DS-260 and submit the all documents. how many years we mention ?

can you please suggest me what to do ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t worry about it.  Anything over ten years is the same to them for the most part, unless it materially changed anything else in your history (such as looking like you were trying to omit a prison stint or living in a different country).  But for most people it wouldn’t be a game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

I wouldn’t worry about it.  Anything over ten years is the same to them for the most part, unless it materially changed anything else in your history (such as looking like you were trying to omit a prison stint or living in a different country).  But for most people it wouldn’t be a game changer.

okay, should I fill the form and submit all documents included my PCC, should I not to worry more about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US asks for PCC from RPO, Regional Passport Office. That PCC does not mention duration; has standard format; & will say xyz of abc passport has no criminal report or record.

 

The local police station PCC will mention that xyz living here from this date to this date. NVC does not accept this pcc, it will delay your case with about 3-4 weeks. Check the US Documents Website, Google US Documents Finder, Click I, then India, the go fown to section Police Records. It says same as what I said above.

 

RPO PCC will be issued by appointment on Passport Seva Kendra online booking, fees Rs 500. If living on same address as mentioned on Passport, then just go with passport. If passport was issued in India & less than 1 year ago & same address; PCC will be issued in few hours. If any of above three is not true, then RPO will send a police verification request to your current address, and PCC will be issued in 3-4 weeks. 

 

If PCC is taking too much time, send a simple written letter to NVC that this document will ve brought in at the time of interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DavCh said:

US asks for PCC from RPO, Regional Passport Office. That PCC does not mention duration; has standard format; & will say xyz of abc passport has no criminal report or record.

 

The local police station PCC will mention that xyz living here from this date to this date. NVC does not accept this pcc, it will delay your case with about 3-4 weeks. Check the US Documents Website, Google US Documents Finder, Click I, then India, the go fown to section Police Records. It says same as what I said above.

 

RPO PCC will be issued by appointment on Passport Seva Kendra online booking, fees Rs 500. If living on same address as mentioned on Passport, then just go with passport. If passport was issued in India & less than 1 year ago & same address; PCC will be issued in few hours. If any of above three is not true, then RPO will send a police verification request to your current address, and PCC will be issued in 3-4 weeks. 

 

If PCC is taking too much time, send a simple written letter to NVC that this document will ve brought in at the time of interview.

okay, thank you for your information, it will help me a lot, actually I applied for both PCC (RPO and Local Police Station) I got the PCC from Local police Station and they mention the duration of living from. RPO PCC I will get in few days. when we will submit the documents I will give only one PCC which RPO provide us.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DavCh said:

US asks for PCC from RPO, Regional Passport Office. That PCC does not mention duration; has standard format; & will say xyz of abc passport has no criminal report or record.

 

The local police station PCC will mention that xyz living here from this date to this date. NVC does not accept this pcc, it will delay your case with about 3-4 weeks. Check the US Documents Website, Google US Documents Finder, Click I, then India, the go fown to section Police Records. It says same as what I said above.

 

RPO PCC will be issued by appointment on Passport Seva Kendra online booking, fees Rs 500. If living on same address as mentioned on Passport, then just go with passport. If passport was issued in India & less than 1 year ago & same address; PCC will be issued in few hours. If any of above three is not true, then RPO will send a police verification request to your current address, and PCC will be issued in 3-4 weeks. 

 

If PCC is taking too much time, send a simple written letter to NVC that this document will ve brought in at the time of interview.

i'm not able to check on google, didn't find. can you please send me the link and  steps to follow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gurpal sandhu said:

i'm not able to check on google, didn't find. can you please send me the link and  steps to follow 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

 

Look for the section Police Prison Court Records.

 

Btw,

Was your current valid Indian passport isued in India?

Is your that passport younger than one year?

Do you still live on same address as mentioned on Passport?

 

Keep the local police station PCC with you, if RPO sent a police verification request, that Local PCC will coem handy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For NVC, if you wish to inform them that you will bring Indian PCC in Interview, you can just a simple letter, mention your case number in subject line, & say that that document is causing delay; please note that I will bring that document in original in interview. Attach a passport copy of yours, print the barcode sheet, send all these to NVC by post. I assume you have already received a checklist from NVC asking you or the petitioner to submit the documents. If not yet, you need to wait for that email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I will receive RPO PPC with in a week. if they delaying to provide us then surely we will email to NVC. Have you any idea about how many weeks they will take to announce the medical/interview date after submitting the all document and completed all 6 steps  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once three weeks pass with your last interaction with NVC, via post, your case will be closed & sent to Mumbai. Last interaction could be the the first post you sent them via mail, & they accepted all; if they dont accept & instead send you a RFE & additional documents list i.e. correct PCC via email, then you send them a letter via post, then that will be your last interaction date. Basically three werks after your last postal mail, call them ebery other day & ask status. In a day or two they will tell you that your case closed & sent to Mumbai n your Case Closing date is xyz. So 3 weeks & 2 days after your last post.

Now, Mumbai consulate schedules interview in last week of every month for month after next month. Like now in August last week likely they are scheduling interviews for October month.

 

3 weeks for case closing, 30 days wait for interview letter, interview after 30 days, so almost 3 months once NVC case closes till Interview.

 

Your important dates are Priority Date, the date last year your fees cheque was encashed by USCIS. Case Closing Date almost falls on same day or month usually this year. 1 month till interview email, 1 month till interview from then.

Edited by DavCh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gurpal sandhu said:

I think I will receive RPO PPC with in a week. if they delaying to provide us then surely we will email to NVC. Have you any idea about how many weeks they will take to announce the medical/interview date after submitting the all document and completed all 6 steps  

So did your spouse already attended the appointment at RPO office & Did they say pre-verification on the receipt? If pre, then ask your spouse to see your local police station's Sanjh Kendra, with 2 ID Proofs, 2 Photos, 2 Address Proofs. Aadhar Card & Passport will act as both types of proofs. Also she needs to get a member of Panchayat, Punch or Numberdaar & an ordinary Neighbour (cant be her immediate family member, i.e. your brother, father, mother no. Your fathers brother or his sons are ok, or any other person from your residence. They both also need to carry their Aadhar card. Member Panchayat need to carry also his identification card & stamp. Official fees is Rs 100. Police will keep the file RPO guys gave her, will take fingerprints of all three, wife, numberdaar, neighbour. In two working days it will reach District SSP office, they will check the name in their lists, then two more working days they will forward it to RPO. All this happens by email. If she doesn't approach Seva Kendra on her own, then they will not prioritise as they have 21 days to respond. Punjab Police Saanjh website will give you internal updates of PCC and Passport Office website will give you the overall ones. You need indian mobile number to make an account on Punjab Police Saanjh website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After your spouse receives the interview announcement email, she has to cakl Mohali or Delhi hospital for booking & attend next day. Sometimes they complete it on first day sometimes they call again second day. It is advised she books medical as soon as she & you receives email. Minimum 7 working days need to be between medical & fixed appointment date, if Consulate does not recieves the results, they will not interview; will postpone it to next batch, which will be in 30-60 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DavCh said:

After your spouse receives the interview announcement email, she has to cakl Mohali or Delhi hospital for booking & attend next day. Sometimes they complete it on first day sometimes they call again second day. It is advised she books medical as soon as she & you receives email. Minimum 7 working days need to be between medical & fixed appointment date, if Consulate does not recieves the results, they will not interview; will postpone it to next batch, which will be in 30-60 days.

sure we will book the date for medical exam as soon as possible after receiving the interview date. For medical we can go to any affiliated  doctor/hospital by US embassy which is near to us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gurpal sandhu said:

sure we will book the date for medical exam as soon as possible after receiving the interview date. For medical we can go to any affiliated  doctor/hospital by US embassy which is near to us.  

Nearest in Punjab is either Max Hospital in Mohali, or Two in Delhi, from the approved list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...