Gurpal sandhu

problem In PCC

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I'm in little trouble and confused, I'm leaving at same address from last 15 years but by mistaken in PCC they Wrote 17 years,  is there any problem. when we filled form I-130 form there we mentioned 15 years, but when we will fill the DS-260 and submit the all documents. how many years we mention ?

can you please suggest me what to do ?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I wouldn’t worry about it.  Anything over ten years is the same to them for the most part, unless it materially changed anything else in your history (such as looking like you were trying to omit a prison stint or living in a different country).  But for most people it wouldn’t be a game changer.

Timeline
5 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

I wouldn’t worry about it.  Anything over ten years is the same to them for the most part, unless it materially changed anything else in your history (such as looking like you were trying to omit a prison stint or living in a different country).  But for most people it wouldn’t be a game changer.

okay, should I fill the form and submit all documents included my PCC, should I not to worry more about it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

US asks for PCC from RPO, Regional Passport Office. That PCC does not mention duration; has standard format; & will say xyz of abc passport has no criminal report or record.

The local police station PCC will mention that xyz living here from this date to this date. NVC does not accept this pcc, it will delay your case with about 3-4 weeks. Check the US Documents Website, Google US Documents Finder, Click I, then India, the go fown to section Police Records. It says same as what I said above.

RPO PCC will be issued by appointment on Passport Seva Kendra online booking, fees Rs 500. If living on same address as mentioned on Passport, then just go with passport. If passport was issued in India & less than 1 year ago & same address; PCC will be issued in few hours. If any of above three is not true, then RPO will send a police verification request to your current address, and PCC will be issued in 3-4 weeks. 

If PCC is taking too much time, send a simple written letter to NVC that this document will ve brought in at the time of interview.

ROC TimeLine

## Sent by USPS Oct 22, 2020 ## Delivered Oct 24 ## Check cashed Nov 26 ## SMS with MSC Receipt Nov 28 ## i797 Print Date Nov 24,  Received Dec 01 2020 ## 24 months extension letter received at old address on Dec 20, 2021. ## Aug 2022 Interview & Card Produced 

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

## Online Application Date 07/26/2023 paid by Credit Card, Receipt Number received online in seconds. ## On Jan 05, 2024, Interview Scheduled on Feb 13, 2024, Sacramento Office. ## Interview Passed. Oath Ceremony Scheduled for Feb 21, 24 Roseville.event.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, DavCh said:

US asks for PCC from RPO, Regional Passport Office. That PCC does not mention duration; has standard format; & will say xyz of abc passport has no criminal report or record.

The local police station PCC will mention that xyz living here from this date to this date. NVC does not accept this pcc, it will delay your case with about 3-4 weeks. Check the US Documents Website, Google US Documents Finder, Click I, then India, the go fown to section Police Records. It says same as what I said above.

RPO PCC will be issued by appointment on Passport Seva Kendra online booking, fees Rs 500. If living on same address as mentioned on Passport, then just go with passport. If passport was issued in India & less than 1 year ago & same address; PCC will be issued in few hours. If any of above three is not true, then RPO will send a police verification request to your current address, and PCC will be issued in 3-4 weeks. 

If PCC is taking too much time, send a simple written letter to NVC that this document will ve brought in at the time of interview.

okay, thank you for your information, it will help me a lot, actually I applied for both PCC (RPO and Local Police Station) I got the PCC from Local police Station and they mention the duration of living from. RPO PCC I will get in few days. when we will submit the documents I will give only one PCC which RPO provide us.    

Timeline
7 hours ago, DavCh said:

i'm not able to check on google, didn't find. can you please send me the link and  steps to follow 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Gurpal sandhu said:

i'm not able to check on google, didn't find. can you please send me the link and  steps to follow 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/India.html

Look for the section Police Prison Court Records.

Btw,

Was your current valid Indian passport isued in India?

Is your that passport younger than one year?

Do you still live on same address as mentioned on Passport?

Keep the local police station PCC with you, if RPO sent a police verification request, that Local PCC will coem handy.

ROC TimeLine

## Sent by USPS Oct 22, 2020 ## Delivered Oct 24 ## Check cashed Nov 26 ## SMS with MSC Receipt Nov 28 ## i797 Print Date Nov 24,  Received Dec 01 2020 ## 24 months extension letter received at old address on Dec 20, 2021. ## Aug 2022 Interview & Card Produced 

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

## Online Application Date 07/26/2023 paid by Credit Card, Receipt Number received online in seconds. ## On Jan 05, 2024, Interview Scheduled on Feb 13, 2024, Sacramento Office. ## Interview Passed. Oath Ceremony Scheduled for Feb 21, 24 Roseville.event.png

Timeline

For NVC, if you wish to inform them that you will bring Indian PCC in Interview, you can just a simple letter, mention your case number in subject line, & say that that document is causing delay; please note that I will bring that document in original in interview. Attach a passport copy of yours, print the barcode sheet, send all these to NVC by post. I assume you have already received a checklist from NVC asking you or the petitioner to submit the documents. If not yet, you need to wait for that email.

ROC TimeLine

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

Timeline

I think I will receive RPO PPC with in a week. if they delaying to provide us then surely we will email to NVC. Have you any idea about how many weeks they will take to announce the medical/interview date after submitting the all document and completed all 6 steps  

Timeline

Once three weeks pass with your last interaction with NVC, via post, your case will be closed & sent to Mumbai. Last interaction could be the the first post you sent them via mail, & they accepted all; if they dont accept & instead send you a RFE & additional documents list i.e. correct PCC via email, then you send them a letter via post, then that will be your last interaction date. Basically three werks after your last postal mail, call them ebery other day & ask status. In a day or two they will tell you that your case closed & sent to Mumbai n your Case Closing date is xyz. So 3 weeks & 2 days after your last post.

Now, Mumbai consulate schedules interview in last week of every month for month after next month. Like now in August last week likely they are scheduling interviews for October month.

3 weeks for case closing, 30 days wait for interview letter, interview after 30 days, so almost 3 months once NVC case closes till Interview.

Your important dates are Priority Date, the date last year your fees cheque was encashed by USCIS. Case Closing Date almost falls on same day or month usually this year. 1 month till interview email, 1 month till interview from then.

Edited by DavCh

ROC TimeLine

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gurpal sandhu said:

I think I will receive RPO PPC with in a week. if they delaying to provide us then surely we will email to NVC. Have you any idea about how many weeks they will take to announce the medical/interview date after submitting the all document and completed all 6 steps  

So did your spouse already attended the appointment at RPO office & Did they say pre-verification on the receipt? If pre, then ask your spouse to see your local police station's Sanjh Kendra, with 2 ID Proofs, 2 Photos, 2 Address Proofs. Aadhar Card & Passport will act as both types of proofs. Also she needs to get a member of Panchayat, Punch or Numberdaar & an ordinary Neighbour (cant be her immediate family member, i.e. your brother, father, mother no. Your fathers brother or his sons are ok, or any other person from your residence. They both also need to carry their Aadhar card. Member Panchayat need to carry also his identification card & stamp. Official fees is Rs 100. Police will keep the file RPO guys gave her, will take fingerprints of all three, wife, numberdaar, neighbour. In two working days it will reach District SSP office, they will check the name in their lists, then two more working days they will forward it to RPO. All this happens by email. If she doesn't approach Seva Kendra on her own, then they will not prioritise as they have 21 days to respond. Punjab Police Saanjh website will give you internal updates of PCC and Passport Office website will give you the overall ones. You need indian mobile number to make an account on Punjab Police Saanjh website.

ROC TimeLine

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

Timeline

After your spouse receives the interview announcement email, she has to cakl Mohali or Delhi hospital for booking & attend next day. Sometimes they complete it on first day sometimes they call again second day. It is advised she books medical as soon as she & you receives email. Minimum 7 working days need to be between medical & fixed appointment date, if Consulate does not recieves the results, they will not interview; will postpone it to next batch, which will be in 30-60 days.

ROC TimeLine

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

Timeline
6 minutes ago, DavCh said:

After your spouse receives the interview announcement email, she has to cakl Mohali or Delhi hospital for booking & attend next day. Sometimes they complete it on first day sometimes they call again second day. It is advised she books medical as soon as she & you receives email. Minimum 7 working days need to be between medical & fixed appointment date, if Consulate does not recieves the results, they will not interview; will postpone it to next batch, which will be in 30-60 days.

sure we will book the date for medical exam as soon as possible after receiving the interview date. For medical we can go to any affiliated  doctor/hospital by US embassy which is near to us.  

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Gurpal sandhu said:

sure we will book the date for medical exam as soon as possible after receiving the interview date. For medical we can go to any affiliated  doctor/hospital by US embassy which is near to us.  

Nearest in Punjab is either Max Hospital in Mohali, or Two in Delhi, from the approved list.

ROC TimeLine

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.