Cam

Yep It's Me Again

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Probably a scam.

What type of Visa? H, L?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Work visas are generally tied to a job. If it all goes foul it does not help you. K-1 is probably the best solution

Work visas are generally tied to a job. If it all goes foul it does not help you. K-1 is probably the best solution

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

My girl in Russia tells me she is with an agency that can get her a work visa to come to the US. She says she has the money for the ticket and a visa. Is a work visa possible? Keeping my fingers crossed. :dance:

Cam

You need to run away from this, as fast as you can... typical scam.. I suggest you do some reading over at www.rwguide.com

She's not asking for money yet.. but she will..

It's virtually impossible for any single woman from russia to get a visa to the USA (unless it's a K1 or k3 fiancee or family based visa). Section 214 sub section b of the INA of 1952 assumes all visa applications are trying to immigrate to america. To get a visa to the USA she'd have to prove why she'd return to Russia. Trust me when I say consulars make this very difficult.

Edited by bly

I-129F

11-28-05 Petition Sent

11-29 Arrived at Nebraska

12-02 Check Cashed - LIN Receipt # On Check :-)

12-02 NOA1 via internet

12-05 NOA1 snail mail

12-13 NOA2 via internet (day 14)

12-16 Email: Petition Forward to Dept. Of State

12-17 NOA2 snail mail

02-22-06 Interview passed, K1 Visa approved.

02-24 Visa arrived

04-14 Arrive in America.. SHE'S HERE!

07-07 Married :-)

AOS, EAD, AP

07-14-06 Sent all 3

07-16 Delivery Confirmed (NOA's dated 07-16)

07-24 3 NOA's in the mail box. (MSC #s not online for a long time!)

07-29 Biometrics letter

08-08 Biometrics Complete.

08-28 RFE Sent For I-485??? (Sigh, this is what it takes to get your MSC # online?)

08-31 RFE Snail Mail, Missing Tax Info (which was sent the first time!)

08-31 RFE Sent back

09-08 RFE rcvd at MSC email update

09-11 Touched I-485

09-13 Touched I-485

09-21 Rcvd AOS appt letter

10-18 Sent 'Status Inquiry' snail mail about EAD/AP not online and not approved.

10-28 AP/EAD FINALLY show online... 106 days. Not complete!

10-28 AP/EAD/AOS touched.

10-31 AP/EAD/AOS touched

11-03 11-07 11-11 and 11-13 EAD touched.

11-15 Day 123 (Day 68 since the RFE) EAD approved 11-14 email! AP still waiting.

11-16 10 AM Aos approved, 2 weeks to the green card we hope!

11-16 2PM EAD card in the mail.

11-17 Email "Welcome letter"

11-20 Welcome letter in Mail

11-27 Another "Welcome" email dated 11-27, changed from 11-17

11-29-06 GC in Mail, Were done for 1.75 years!

It is possible, and very likely that she could get a work visa. Most of the time, these "agencies" in Russia simply fill out all the paperwork for the girl charging her $500 or something, make her buy her own ticket, then send her here to the US to work for a "company" that is really their cousin or someone they know at a staffing agency that gets a cut of the $500. It's a scam.

However.... it's a pretty common thing, and if you want your girl to come here to VISIT, it's not such a bad thing. Just know, that on a work visa she will probably HAVE TO return to Russia and you'll end up doing a K-1/K-3 visa anyway. If you have no intention of getting married, cool.

People are going to tell you this is visa fraud and this and that, but bottom line is, Russia is a special place, and there are things like this that happen all the time. Just keep in mind that if she comes here on a work visa, she will have to go back. You can get married and apply for AOS and all that, but that really is visa fraud, and she'll most likely have to go back there while waiting on the other papers to go through. So, if you just want to visit for a while, maybe see if you really are serious, have her get this visa. If you're looking for a long term thing, go with the K-1.

Oh..... I just noticed it's you Cam. Same guy from before with the girl asking for the money for the ticket and all that!

DUDE!!!!!

Come on, if you've been looking into Russian girls for this long, and can't spot a scam yet, you've got major issues with this process. Come on over to the Russia forum for some education brother.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

It is possible, and very likely that she could get a work visa. Most of the time, these "agencies" in Russia simply fill out all the paperwork for the girl charging her $500 or something, make her buy her own ticket, then send her here to the US to work for a "company" that is really their cousin or someone they know at a staffing agency that gets a cut of the $500. It's a scam.

I'm not so sure about this. Getting a visa has little to do with a russian agency setting up a phony company etc, the visa still has to be given by the US consulate in Moscow. All applicants, even those who are getting a work visa are denied unless they can prove intent to return to Russian.

MY ex-fiance's brother in law works in the shipping industry (he's Ukrainian/Russian). He was on a big shipping vessel, working for a company that was moving product from Asia to the USA and he couldn't get a visa to get off the boat! They litterally wouldn't let him debark, he had to spend the week on the boat while they were docked. This is someone who owned a home in Ukraine, had a wife and child in Ukraine, and still wasn't able to get the US embassy in Kiev to give him a visa. His visa was denied under section 214-b.

I-129F

11-28-05 Petition Sent

11-29 Arrived at Nebraska

12-02 Check Cashed - LIN Receipt # On Check :-)

12-02 NOA1 via internet

12-05 NOA1 snail mail

12-13 NOA2 via internet (day 14)

12-16 Email: Petition Forward to Dept. Of State

12-17 NOA2 snail mail

02-22-06 Interview passed, K1 Visa approved.

02-24 Visa arrived

04-14 Arrive in America.. SHE'S HERE!

07-07 Married :-)

AOS, EAD, AP

07-14-06 Sent all 3

07-16 Delivery Confirmed (NOA's dated 07-16)

07-24 3 NOA's in the mail box. (MSC #s not online for a long time!)

07-29 Biometrics letter

08-08 Biometrics Complete.

08-28 RFE Sent For I-485??? (Sigh, this is what it takes to get your MSC # online?)

08-31 RFE Snail Mail, Missing Tax Info (which was sent the first time!)

08-31 RFE Sent back

09-08 RFE rcvd at MSC email update

09-11 Touched I-485

09-13 Touched I-485

09-21 Rcvd AOS appt letter

10-18 Sent 'Status Inquiry' snail mail about EAD/AP not online and not approved.

10-28 AP/EAD FINALLY show online... 106 days. Not complete!

10-28 AP/EAD/AOS touched.

10-31 AP/EAD/AOS touched

11-03 11-07 11-11 and 11-13 EAD touched.

11-15 Day 123 (Day 68 since the RFE) EAD approved 11-14 email! AP still waiting.

11-16 10 AM Aos approved, 2 weeks to the green card we hope!

11-16 2PM EAD card in the mail.

11-17 Email "Welcome letter"

11-20 Welcome letter in Mail

11-27 Another "Welcome" email dated 11-27, changed from 11-17

11-29-06 GC in Mail, Were done for 1.75 years!

My girl in Russia tells me she is with an agency that can get her a work visa to come to the US. She says she has the money for the ticket and a visa. Is a work visa possible? Keeping my fingers crossed. :dance:

Cam

You need to run away from this, as fast as you can... typical scam.. I suggest you do some reading over at www.rwguide.com

It's virtually impossible for any single woman from russia to get a visa to the USA (unless it's a K1 or k3 fiancee or family based visa). Section 214 sub section b of the INA of 1952 assumes all visa applications are trying to immigrate to america. To get a visa to the USA she'd have to prove why she'd return to Russia. Trust me when I say consulars make this very difficult.

Don't even bother, bly. Cam has been well warned by most everyone here. He apparently wants a Russian sweetie more than anything else.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Cam

Don't even bother, bly. Cam has been well warned by most everyone here. He apparently wants a Russian sweetie more than anything else.

I can spot a scam even before they ask for money. Been talking to this girl for a couple months. Has never come close to asking for money. I am happy that a work visa is even possible. Don't worry I will never send money. I was hoping if she had a job lined up here it might help with the financial part of a K1

Cam

I can spot a scam even before they ask for money. Been talking to this girl for a couple months. Has never come close to asking for money. I am happy that a work visa is even possible. Don't worry I will never send money. I was hoping if she had a job lined up here it might help with the financial part of a K1

Now, Cam REALLY shows his ignorance.

How would her having a job here help with YOUR financial requirements?

Also, if she is present in US on a valid work visa, you would not need to apply for a K-1 for her--as you could easily proceed to AOS (AP/EAD optional depending on work visa type).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is really not a forum to get advice about dating foriegn (Russian) women Cam. This is for people who have already made a serious comitment and are working tword bringing their family together. I am not against anything you do, it is your life. I'm just saying you should find a better forum on the internet for your questions.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Timeline
This is really not a forum to get advice about dating foriegn (Russian) women Cam. This is for people who have already made a serious comitment and are working tword bringing their family together. I am not against anything you do, it is your life. I'm just saying you should find a better forum on the internet for your questions.

Sorry I seem to get better and faster responses here. I'll find somewhere else to go. So if she is here on a work visa we don't need a K1? Just trying to learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Cam, if your Russian lady friend comes to the US on a work visa with the intent to get married and stay in the US, she is committing visa fraud. I'd venture to say that if this was to occur, and you were an involved party, you'd have one heck of a tough time bringing any more lady friends over from Russia.

Cam, if your Russian lady friend comes to the US on a work visa with the intent to get married and stay in the US, she is committing visa fraud. I'd venture to say that if this was to occur, and you were an involved party, you'd have one heck of a tough time bringing any more lady friends over from Russia.

And wouldn't that be a shame.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
And wouldn't that be a shame.

You scared him away ;)

:lol:

Edited by Canuck Carrie

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.