4jacques

August & September 2018 - I-130 (Parents) Tracker

182 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 9/27/2019 at 3:17 PM, 4jacques said:

Hi guys, 

For those of you at NVC, how long did you wait before between USCIS and NVC

6 weeks sometimes a little under like 4.5 weeks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, Jorge and Leonel said:

Hello Everyone,

My mom had her interview today and her visa was approved.

I-130 sent : Aug 13, 2018

NOA1 : Aug 18, 2018    (TEXAS SERVICE CENTER) works slow.

NOA2:  May 15, 2019 APPROVED 

USCIS Sent package to NVC: May 24, 2019

NVC email with instructions, invoice and  case number received: June 18, 2019

Fees paid 06-18-2019

Fees clear 06-20-2019

Affidavit of Support submitted  06-22-2019

IV Application submitted 06-23-2019

Civil Documents submitted 07-02-2019

RFE received 07-22-2019 (This document is not in the right-side up position and  replace this with an acceptable birth certificate from a correct issuing authority)

RFE submitted 07-22-2019

Case completed (DQ) 08-22-2019  (waiting for interview date)

NVC email with interview date 09-18-2019

Interview scheduled by NVC  October 8, 2019

email from US Consulate requesting to re-upload the birth certificates - September 25, 2019

Birth certificates uploaded - September 29, 2019

Interview Re-schedule for: November 7th, 2019

Visa Approved - November 7th, 2019

Congratulations, During interview she was asked about health insurance ?  

AOS

3/22/2014: AOS (I-485/I-765/I-131)

6/30/2014: Received interview waiver letter

02/27/2015: Green Card received

I-751

12/14/2016: Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail)

12/16/2016: Petition delivered to VSC.

12/21/2016: ACH hold for Payment of $590

12/23/2016: Received NOA1 dated 12/19/2016

01/07/2017: Received Biometric dated 12/31/2016

01/18/2017: Biometrics Appointment  

11/25/2017: Received Approval letter dated 11/18/2107

11/28/2017: Status changed to "new Card is being produced" 

11/30/2017: Status changed to "Card was mailed to me" 

12/04/2017: Received my Green Card. 

N-400

11/30/2017: Applied Online 

12/01/2017: NOA uploaded to my account. 

12/02/2017:  Status changed Biometrics appointment was schedule (Waiting for letter upload to my account )

12/04/2017: NOA received in the mail

12/04/2017: Biometrics appointment letter uploaded online schedule for 12/21/2017

12/05/2017: Early walk-in Biometrics 

06/12/2018: Interview scheduled 

07/17/2018: Interview (Approved)

07/20/2018: Oath ceremony scheduled (for 08/11/2018)

08/11/2018: US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Leostar said:

Hi,

No they didn't. I saw the news the other day and they said that a judge temporary stop the health insurance law for new immigrants.

Read the following article. I think that the law is not in effect yet  because of that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/11/03/judge-temporarily-blocks-trump-order-requiring-would-be-immigrants-prove-they-have-health-insurance/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, Leostar said:

What did she say regarding the health insurance?

Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, 4jacques said:

What did she say regarding the health insurance?

They never ask her about a health insurance.

That law is not in effect  it's temporary suspended.

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t think we need to choose an agent anymore. I just paid the IV and AOS fees and it took 1-2 days to show as paid. The next step is uploading documents and the final step is becoming documentarily qualified. Then it’s the interview.

M.H.

Timeline

Good morning Visa Journey Friends, 

Have I said, how grateful I am for you all. I am able to get direct answers here. It looks like a lot of the information online regarding the NVC Process is outdated (especially if you are doing electronic processing). I just paid the fees (both $325 / $120). 

Questions:  

1. What specific document will I need for the Affidavit of Support ( Do I need to submit letter of employment if I submit tax transcript and pay stubs). 

2. What exactly is the IV application, is that the DS260? 

Thanks a lot for all your help

Timeline

Hello friends,

As if this process was not long enough, I just realized I made a mistake on DS 260 from. Haven't submit the financial document yet because payment has not been cleared. I dont know what to do because I know if they dont notice, this will create lots of problems. 

The passport number entered on the i130 with us is and ds260 were wrong. We filled out the paperwork with a phone picture sent to us through whatup and a number 6 appeared as an 8. So that's what we had in all the documents until we had to submit the civil document when we had them send us a scanned passport page which was a headache to get with haiti no technology. That's when we noticed the .mistake. what do we do???

Timeline
5 minutes ago, 4jacques said:

Hello friends,

As if this process was not long enough, I just realized I made a mistake on DS 260 from. Haven't submit the financial document yet because payment has not been cleared. I dont know what to do because I know if they dont notice, this will create lots of problems. 

The passport number entered on the i130 with us is and ds260 were wrong. We filled out the paperwork with a phone picture sent to us through whatup and a number 6 appeared as an 8. So that's what we had in all the documents until we had to submit the civil document when we had them send us a scanned passport page which was a headache to get with haiti no technology. That's when we noticed the .mistake. what do we do???

DID YOU submitted the DS-260?? so you can't make changes??

if you did.!!! You have to call NVC and explain the error with the passport number. Just mention the error in the DS-260,  Do not mention the error in the from i-130 (because that's already approved).

They can go ahead and re-open the form DS-260 so you can make changes

The other thing to do if your case gets approved anyway and you can't fix the error is contact the US embassy before the interview date and let them know so they will allow you to fix it the error before interview.

Remember that the information in the DS-260 form has to match the passport information so they can print the VISA

Don't worry now about the i-130 form ( if you mention that you will probably have to start all over again).

I can tell by experience that the embassy would let you make changes. in my case NVC approved everything but once the embassy got the file they reject the birth certificates and they asked me to upload them again.

Good look.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Jorge and Leonel said:

if you did.!!! You have to call NVC and explain the error with the passport number. Just mention the error in the DS-260,  Do not mention the error in the from i-130 (because that's already approved).

The other thing to do if your case gets approved anyway and you can't fix the error is contact the US embassy before the interview date and let them know so they will allow you to fix it the error before interview.

Remember that the information in the DS-260 form has to match the passport information so they can print the VISA

Don't worry now about the i-130 form ( if you mention that you will probably have to start all over again).

I can tell by experience that the embassy would let you make changes. in my case NVC approved everything but once the embassy got the file they reject the birth certificates and they asked me to upload them again.

Good look.

Yes unfortunately we submitted DS260. We will call them first thing on the 26th. Yes will not mention error from USCIS form. Thanks

Timeline

Good 

On 12/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, Jorge and Leonel said:

Good look.

Good morning, 

I called NVC this morning and I was told that I cannot update it on their end just to clarify the information during the interview. My mom does not have a clue regarding to how this process work, I just want to minimize potential issues prior to the interview. At this point, I am not sure what do to.So I am calling NVC again hoping to talk to someone else who can either confirmed this or help us out. 

The guy by the name of Lucas said it is legally said and they are not allowed to unlock it for absolutely no one. 

Thanks 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, 4jacques said:

Good 

Good morning, 

I called NVC this morning and I was told that I cannot update it on their end just to clarify the information during the interview. My mom does not have a clue regarding to how this process work, I just want to minimize potential issues prior to the interview. At this point, I am not sure what do to.So I am calling NVC again hoping to talk to someone else who can either confirmed this or help us out. 

The guy by the name of Lucas said it is legally said and they are not allowed to unlock it for absolutely no one. 

Thanks 

I called a second time and spoke to Aisha, she said once I submit all documents, if they want me to correct that, they will unlock it but if they say it is something that can be taken at the interview, they wont. So that's what it is at this point. So we will see. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.