EliAnon

After NOA2

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

I filed our petition on 06/19 and got our NOA1 on 06/29. We are still waiting for NOA2 and praying for it to come earlier than expected ;). I am one of those that likes to be prepared, as after NOA2 the process will, in a sense, move as fast as she moves. 

Regarding this for the Philippines, what types of documents should she get/have in preparation? (It is her and her daughter)

I also had a question about the Affidavit of Support, does it have to be an all original document? or can it be a real signature scanned, sent, and then printed?

I am awaiting any helpful insight and answers!

Thank you in advance!

3 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Hello!

I filed our petition on 06/19 and got our NOA1 on 06/29. We are still waiting for NOA2 and praying for it to come earlier than expected ;). I am one of those that likes to be prepared, as after NOA2 the process will, in a sense, move as fast as she moves. 

Regarding this for the Philippines, what types of documents should she get/have in preparation? (It is her and her daughter)

I also had a question about the Affidavit of Support, does it have to be an all original document? or can it be a real signature scanned, sent, and then printed?

I am awaiting any helpful insight and answers!

Thank you in advance!

Make sure she has her police certificates from ANY country she has spent more than 6 months in since the age of 16.  Same goes for the daughter if she is older than 16.  She will need her CENOMAR and both NBI certificates.  The affidavit of support I believe is one of the few items that truly needs a wet signature.  If I am wrong someone will correct me.

We filed for the K-1 on June 6 of 17 and got the NOA 2 in March of 2018.  8 to 10 months seems normal.  I hope yours is quicker.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Make sure she has her police certificates from ANY country she has spent more than 6 months in since the age of 16.  Same goes for the daughter if she is older than 16.  She will need her CENOMAR and both NBI certificates.  The affidavit of support I believe is one of the few items that truly needs a wet signature.  If I am wrong someone will correct me.

We filed for the K-1 on June 6 of 17 and got the NOA 2 in March of 2018.  8 to 10 months seems normal.  I hope yours is quicker.

Thanks for the reply and we are always praying for that! Quicker would be so awesome :) 

Her daughter is 5 years old. Alright, and since she is in Mindinao I should send the Affidavit earlier than when we get the NOA2 because Philippines mail system is so slowwww.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe an NOA2 by the end of the year if lucky.

The I-134 should be an original document with signature.  After that you can have copies of your most recent tax return and W2.  

Fiancee and her daughter = 2 of everything for the visa process in Manila

To be prepared:

NVC after receiving your NOA2   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

After your receive your MNL #  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, EliAnon said:

Thanks for the reply and we are always praying for that! Quicker would be so awesome :) 

Her daughter is 5 years old. Alright, and since she is in Mindinao I should send the Affidavit earlier than when we get the NOA2 because Philippines mail system is so slowwww.

DO NOT!!!   use the mail!!!    Send the I-134 by UPS/FEDEX/DHL/LBC .. but NOT the mail.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Just now, EliAnon said:

Indeed.  Hopefully I am wrong but I believe the affidavit (which is rarely looked at) needs wet signature.

Make sure the NBI cert has all nicknames and names used included as AKAs.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, Hank_ said:

Maybe an NOA2 by the end of the year them.

The I-134 should be an original document with signature.  After that you can have copies of your most recent tax return and W2.  

Fiancee and her daughter = 2 of everything for the visa process in Manila

To be prepared:

NVC after receiving your NOA2   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/nvc-k-1.html

After your receive your MNL #  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

I have a question for you or anyone for that matter.

Copies of my most recent tax returns may be hard to come by because I just graduated college and am in the middle of looking for a career. I do have a part time job at the moment (because I have to be able to attend interviews for jobs), I have even thought I may just get a full time non career position just to make it look better on the Affidavit. In addition to my income as of now, my parents have agreed to cosponsor (my father is a doctor). What do you make of this? Should I switch to a full time position to get the numbers up until she gets here?

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

DO NOT!!!   use the mail!!!    Send the I-134 by UPS/FEDEX/DHL/LBC .. but NOT the mail.

haha I learned that the first time I sent her daughter a present for her birthday. TOOK A MONTH!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

I have a question for you or anyone for that matter.

Copies of my most recent tax returns may be hard to come by because I just graduated college and am in the middle of looking for a career. I do have a part time job at the moment (because I have to be able to attend interviews for jobs), I have even thought I may just get a full time non career position just to make it look better on the Affidavit. In addition to my income as of now, my parents have agreed to cosponsor (my father is a doctor). What do you make of this? Should I switch to a full time position to get the numbers up until she gets here?

haha I learned that the first time I sent her daughter a present for her birthday. TOOK A MONTH!

Ah ... another layer.

With the K-1 visa the embassy is not required to accept a co-sponsor, with that said they will consider a co-sponsor if it a parent or siblings... so your dad is a big plus.  Still no guarantee.  

No tax return and/or a new employee (hopefully)  it would be good if you provide an employer letter and pay stubs.   

Income must meet or exceed the 125% income requirement for the number of people sponsored.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

17 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

I forgot about the "delivery fee".  Since they will open the mail they will know what it is worth!  I agree, use anyone but the mail.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Ah ... another layer.

With the K-1 visa the embassy is not required to accept a co-sponsor, with that said they will consider a co-sponsor if it a parent or siblings... so your dad is a big plus.  Still no guarantee.  

No tax return and/or a new employee (hopefully)  it would be good if you provide an employer letter and pay stubs.   

Income must meet or exceed the 125% income requirement for the number of people sponsored.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Right okay, Thank you for the prompt reply!

Excellent, I am hoping it will be a big help having my father as the cosponsor! 

I just had an excellent interview with a corporation that will pay well above the income requirement (which when I looked for her and a dependent its around 28k-30k USD). With that being said, if and hopefully when I get this position I should ask HR or someone above for a letter that I am hired for X amount? as many recent Pay stubs I can get will be included. 

I am also planning to try and be with her for the interview.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Right okay, Thank you for the prompt reply!

Excellent, I am hoping it will be a big help having my father as the cosponsor! 

I just had an excellent interview with a corporation that will pay well above the income requirement (which when I looked for her and a dependent its around 28k-30k USD). With that being said, if and hopefully when I get this position I should ask HR or someone above for a letter that I am hired for X amount? as many recent Pay stubs I can get will be included. 

I am also planning to try and be with her for the interview.

Yes .. get a letter from HR when hired.  :thumbs:    ... and include copies of your pay stubs.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 hour ago, EliAnon said:

Where in Mindanao is your fiance from? My wife is from Mindanao and I love it there.

Timeline
19 hours ago, EliAnon said:

Philippine mail system for me...has been less than 50% delivery.... Things that are important...should be sent by another courier...Like FedEx....granted 100X more expensive....but it gets there.

Between one and two....took us about 7 months....

Be careful of working too far ahead....many items expire after a certain amount of time....and you will end up having to get a new one.  Happened with us on CENOMAR.  Got it too early...had to get another.

If you plan on visiting her again...just hand deliver the documents.

Timeline

FedEx is 2GO in the Phils ..  same outfit that delivers the visa package ;)  

6 months is the time frame for documents for the interview.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.