Wali1001

siblings' I-130 filling

31 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Djibouti
Timeline

I am sorry just follow up:

do you think this case of 3 boys. mom is in the states, and father passed away. all between the ages of 20-14 would qualify for expedited case- if we request it?  no major health crisis or anything - thank god. just youngesters.?

Thank you I appreciate your help very much.

Hello, I strongly suggest your mother stays employed until everything is complete and the boys have their visas(iA). My sister-in-law was also close to turning 21 and we asked for a expedite with NVC. We were approved because of her aging out soon.   ( 6 months away) Her younger sister was able to be scheduled earlier because of her as well. The fact that the boys don’t have any parents there will help their cases as well. 

13 hours ago, Wali1001 said:

Hello geowrian,

I have question  regarding AOS. my mother works part time . she works 24 hours a week. she is an elderly- late 50s. I was thinking  sometime to have her stay home, but now we have the kid's case is coming forward in the next few months. do you think I can have stay home, and use joint sponsor just for me since I make over 100K year? would that be acceptable?. or you would recommend that I still have her work till we submit the paperwork for AOS along with my sponsorship ? my mother is the petitioner of the case. any suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you as always.

It would be optimal for her to stay employed until the visa is issued IMO, but certainly is not required either.

13 hours ago, Wali1001 said:

I am sorry just follow up:

do you think this case of 3 boys. mom is in the states, and father passed away. all between the ages of 20-14 would qualify for expedited case- if we request it?  no major health crisis or anything - thank god. just youngesters.?

Thank you I appreciate your help very much.

No harm is requesting one. It's not generally something that would qualify, but it's fine to hope for the best and expect the worst.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Hello all,

thank you both for helping me in this process. I will have mom work few more months so we can finish this. as far as requesting the case to be expedited, is it good time to do now since the case just arrived to NVC from USCIS. what is the best to send the request? NOW or may lil later. 

Thank you again.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello geowrian,

I hope you and family are doing fine. I just have quick question for you to help me with. I am gathering documents now. A copy of police certificate must be submitted to NVC- meaning Original must be brought to the interview. I remember 4 years ago, when my mom was going through the process ( IR5) I dont remember submitting it to NVC, just to the embassy. has something changed? is it required NOW for F2A?  if  you can explain this to me please and Thank you as always.

Yes it’s required as you upload documents to NVC and bring originals to interview. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

• 1 month later...
Timeline

hello everyone,

I hope  you can help. My mom is the petitioner for F-2A cases for 3 younger siblings. we are at the NVC early stages at the moment. I have gathered all the required docs. my mom's job has slowed down significantly. I am the joint sponsor and i have very good income. before we send the AOS paperwork, what advice would you give me on this. lets assume mom's income is close to zero- meanning very minimal hours of work:

additional joint sponsor would help? with the new public charge coming in the system, what advice would you give me in handling this issue? will my income of six figures ALONE cover this? I value everyone's input. Thank  you.

8 hours ago, Wali1001 said:

hello everyone,

I hope  you can help. My mom is the petitioner for F-2A cases for 3 younger siblings. we are at the NVC early stages at the moment. I have gathered all the required docs. my mom's job has slowed down significantly. I am the joint sponsor and i have very good income. before we send the AOS paperwork, what advice would you give me on this. lets assume mom's income is close to zero- meanning very minimal hours of work:

additional joint sponsor would help? with the new public charge coming in the system, what advice would you give me in handling this issue? will my income of six figures ALONE cover this? I value everyone's input. Thank  you.

Joint sponsors cannot combine income, so having more than one wouldn't help anyway.

The public charge decision is based upon a totality of the circumstances. Purely income-wise, 6 digits doesn't raise concerns, but the specifics matter (where they will live and such).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Timeline

Hello ALL,

as I am going through NVC- AOS and Submitting Civil docs, I have 3 not so simple questions. First I hope you all  dont mind me asking  this way. I hope am not bothering you. 

questions:

mom's employment has the biggest issue ( since she is the petitioner) am dealing with. she had a part time. the job is very slow. In fact she has worked for a month or so. so we have to find new job for her and it is proving to be difficult. we filled the F2-A  visa application is AZ. I am thinking sending my mom to NC( near my aunt)for employment opportunity since we are in time sensitive .my quesion is : moving to diffierent state in the middle of the NVC process for employment purposes, is it ok? would you recommend it? and more importanly how would I notify NVC about the address change? ASKNVC, NVC INQUIRY?- long question- I am sorry.

-

if the worst case were to happen( mom cant find job )would I be able to send ONLY my joint sponser AOS. is that enough? could it cause more problems? or I should push for mom's employment?-

-

lastly ,

what form I-864 to fill out for affidavit of Support. - is this only form? I-864Z is simpler?-

small detail : I am the joint sponsor of 3 youngesters. I have good income and I if I get passed this very complicated part of the NVC, I wanna push for expedited interview- suggestions are always welcome. I am gratefull to YOU.

by the way... I just noticed .. NVC has gone paperless.  everything has to be submitted online- good but totally NEW- god help me.

THANK YOU.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, Wali1001 said:

Hello ALL,

as I am going through NVC- AOS and Submitting Civil docs, I have 3 not so simple questions. First I hope you all  dont mind me asking  this way. I hope am not bothering you. 

questions:

mom's employment has the biggest issue ( since she is the petitioner) am dealing with. she had a part time. the job is very slow. In fact she has worked for a month or so. so we have to find new job for her and it is proving to be difficult. we filled the F2-A  visa application is AZ. I am thinking sending my mom to NC( near my aunt)for employment opportunity since we are in time sensitive .my quesion is : moving to diffierent state in the middle of the NVC process for employment purposes, is it ok? would you recommend it? and more importanly how would I notify NVC about the address change? ASKNVC, NVC INQUIRY?- long question- I am sorry.

-

if the worst case were to happen( mom cant find job )would I be able to send ONLY my joint sponser AOS. is that enough? could it cause more problems? or I should push for mom's employment?-

-

lastly ,

what form I-864 to fill out for affidavit of Support. - is this only form? I-864Z is simpler?-

small detail : I am the joint sponsor of 3 youngesters. I have good income and I if I get passed this very complicated part of the NVC, I wanna push for expedited interview- suggestions are always welcome. I am gratefull to YOU.

by the way... I just noticed .. NVC has gone paperless.  everything has to be submitted online- good but totally NEW- god help me.

THANK YOU.

Sines ur mom going to have a joint sponsor so dont  have to have a job. Since your the one who going to sponser have  to  file a i864 for your mom and i864a for you .

Ur mom dont matter for her if she is working or not.  Because  her incom will not be enough any way

Edited by Unesouad22

46 minutes ago, Unesouad22 said:

Sines ur mom going to have a joint sponsor so dont  have to have a job. Since your the one who going to sponser have  to  file a i864 for your mom and i864a for you .

Ur mom dont matter for her if she is working or not.  Because  her incom will not be enough any way

The primary sponsor's circumstances always matter in the totality of the circumstances evaluated by the CO. Whether or not if/how it will impact a decision in a particular case depends on the circumstances. Usually a joint sponsor is satisfactory.

Example:

"The refusal is based on factors that will not be remedied by a joint sponsor."

On 10/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, Wali1001 said:

The primary sponsor must always provide an I-864 even if they have a joint sponsor.

what form I-864 to fill out for affidavit of Support. - is this only form? I-864Z is simpler?

The first 3 questions on the I-864EZ will determine if you are eligible to use it or not. Otherwise you can only use the I-864. An I-864 can be used even if an I-864EZ is possible.

As for an I-864A, that depends on the circumstances. Do you live together? If so, that is an option.

If she has no income at the time, it would be better to be a joint sponsor (I-864) than a household member (I-864A) since it's a smaller household size. If she does have income, it is probably better to do the I-864A (if eligible) as you cna combine income that way. You can't combine income as a joint sponsor.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline

Thank both for your important information :

just to clarify for geowrian, my mom and I don't live together so I that would change what form to fill out. she is the primary sponsor ( the petitioner) if mom has an income-she has to do I-864. I also have to do I-864 as joint sponsor ( correct me if am wrong). 

just final follow up question :

the applicants 3 siblings : me doing joint sponsor for all them ( 3) I have to fill out each application I-864  cuz it each kid has specific case number of CEAC. or is there way to do all in one single application?- most likely NOT , but I wanna hear your thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Wali1001 said:

just to clarify for geowrian, my mom and I don't live together so I that would change what form to fill out. she is the primary sponsor ( the petitioner) if mom has an income-she has to do I-864. I also have to do I-864 as joint sponsor ( correct me if am wrong). 

Correct. I-864 from each of you - she is the primary sponsor and you as a joint sponsor.

3 minutes ago, Wali1001 said:

the applicants 3 siblings : me doing joint sponsor for all them ( 3) I have to fill out each application I-864  cuz it each kid has specific case number of CEAC. or is there way to do all in one single application?- most likely NOT , but I wanna hear your thoughts.

There should be 3 petitions. Each petition needs its own I-864 packet.

To answer the likely follow-up question: you complete each one separately. The household size does not include the other siblings on the separate petition. The CO will still take that into account in terms of the public charge issue, but they are separate cases and the forms should be completed as if they are separate.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.