TomD

B1 Visa for UP Graduate from Philippines

19 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TomD said:

Have you ever drove down a road and saw someone holding a sign will work for food . That’s looks. Have you ever spent time in jail and someone next to you has tats from head to toe. That’s looks . Susie have you ever been to Hamburger Mary’s in the mission district that’s looks. Of course you would not draw a conclusion from any of these situations. Ever walk through GGP and ... Well you get the idea . 

All totally irrelevant to the subject at hand. You're not doing a very good job of justifying your contention that visa officers who meet documentarily qualified applicants (not random strangers they know nothing about) discriminate against applicants on the basis of looks. Do you know that there are about a million foreign students currently in the US?  Sorry for your niece if she can't show enough ties to home to get a student visa, but plenty of people including from Philippines regardless of gender, age, marital status or looks do get student visas every year, so it really doesn't justify your lashing out at the visa process on totally spurious grounds. If your niece meets the requirements to show she has been accepted, can fund the course of study, and will go back home afterwards, she will get the visa, regardless what she looks like. Of course, I get that you believe what you want to believe to make you feel better, its human nature, so  i'll end my part in this rather pointless discussion now.

9 hours ago, Jojo92122 said:

Bwaaaaaa!!!!!!!

My niece is an international college student.  She had two fellow international students over for the weekend.  Being young single women didn't stop them from getting student visas.  

So the fact that your niece and 2 of her friends are here means being a single girl doesn’t have any influence. Rather small pool if you ask me. So if three salmon make it past the damn the damn has no effect on migration. I’m rather tired of all this. Enjoy your day 

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

5 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

All totally irrelevant to the subject at hand. You're not doing a very good job of justifying your contention that visa officers who meet documentarily qualified applicants (not random strangers they know nothing about) discriminate against applicants on the basis of looks. Do you know that there are about a million foreign students currently in the US?  Sorry for your niece if she can't show enough ties to home to get a student visa, but plenty of people including from Philippines regardless of gender, age, marital status or looks do get student visas every year, so it really doesn't justify your lashing out at the visa process on totally spurious grounds. If your niece meets the requirements to show she has been accepted, can fund the course of study, and will go back home afterwards, she will get the visa, regardless what she looks like. Of course, I get that you believe what you want to believe to make you feel better, its human nature, so  i'll end my part in this rather pointless discussion now.

Don’t feel sorry for her. She will be fine regardless of whether she is schooled in the USA or not. So In your learned view visa officers have no discretion in the process. The just check the boxes. What ties to home would a 19 year old show exactly?  Mom, Dad, siblings, at 19 what ties did you have? I had few if any. Forget all the other criteria except to show you will go back home afterwards. Tell me what would that be? Rather subjective if you ask me . But you say it’s objective so she should show she has property, businesses, or other assets at 19...  I didn’t lash out.  All countries are not treated equally but surly you know that. Hardly lashing out.  But I grow weary also. Enjoy your sanctuary. 

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

-NOA 2 Receipt date: July 14, 2010

NVC JOURNEY

- NVC Case Number Assigned 7/28/10

- AOS bill and Agent forms received & Paid 8/03/10

- Email DS 3032 8/04/10

- AOS Package Delivered to NVC 8/9/10

- IV Bill Received & Paid; 8/11/10

- IV Pack Received at NVC 8/16/10

- IV Pkg Entered into AVR System 8/19/10

- NVC SIF 9/9/10

- Case Complete, 9/13/10 w/questions on lack of income

- NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Manila

- Waiting Medical completed 10/27/10

- Interview Date 11/3/10 Wife didn't have NSO Marriage Certificate, No Approval OMG!!!

- NSO Certificate received by Embassy on 11/5/2010

- Informed by call center. Cost $18 Information received- we need to wait 6-8 weeks from Nov 5th FUBAR.

- VISA APPROVED 12/15/2010

- Wife arrived in US Feb 2, 2011... :)

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, TomD said:

Don’t feel sorry for her. She will be fine regardless of whether she is schooled in the USA or not. So In your learned view visa officers have no discretion in the process. The just check the boxes. What ties to home would a 19 year old show exactly?  Mom, Dad, siblings, at 19 what ties did you have? I had few if any. Forget all the other criteria except to show you will go back home afterwards. Tell me what would that be? Rather subjective if you ask me . But you say it’s objective so she should show she has property, businesses, or other assets at 19...  I didn’t lash out.  All countries are not treated equally but surly you know that. Hardly lashing out.  But I grow weary also. Enjoy your sanctuary. 

Enjoy your know-it-all ivory tower.  Take the time to learn from people who have been successful rather than your know-it-all #######.  If you want to wallow your your indignation rather than do something constructive, then that's your choice.  I'm telling you this because your niece deserves a break like all kids.  Your attitude sucks.  

This is my last post on this thread.  Here is what a successful young single woman did to get her student visa.  

My niece's father and mother makes less than $1000 per month.  They have no land.  They work in the city.  So, her ties are mom, dad, and siblings.

Here's how she navigated through the student visa process.  She researched her school and her program.  She went into her interview with a solid academic plan and solid reasons how that education would help her when she returns home.  They questioned her financing her education, and she gave them my bank statements with a letter stating that I would pay for her education.  She never gave a vague answer.  She gave specific answers because we prepared for the immigration questions.  What the CO is looking for is not a secret.  The US Embassy runs Q&A for potential students and tells the potential applicants exactly what they are looking for.

Have you done any of that?  Have you gone to the US Embassy to look at the assistance they have to help students get F1 visas?

Probably not cuz you already have all the answers.  Why bother hitting us up for help?  

Get out of your know-it-all ivory tower and do some footwork.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.