M&P2016

Tourist visa for my step-son

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, so my husband came here last year for a fiancee visa and he is now a green card holder and also has a job now. He has a 25 year old son who is a 3rd year medical student. If he will apply for a tourist visa, what do you think are his chances? Is there any documents that we can send him that will give him a chance to get approved for a visa? We want him to spend Christmas and New year this year with us. I will appreciate all the reply I can get.

There is no sponsorship for tourist visa. It is a misconception of many foreigners that sponsorship is required. The son will need to apply for a toursist visa on his own merits. The US is interested on the foreigners reasons to return to their home country (ties to home), not why they want to come to the US. If you send in certain documents, it will look like he has stronger reasons to remain in the US than to return home.

Nobody can honestly tell you the chances of him getting a visa. It is all speculation. It is good that he is a medical student. Other things that seem to help is property ownership and good travel history to other countries.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
6 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

Nope. Tourist visas aren’t sponsored. He needs to show merit on his own. He’s already a red flag because his father lives there. Might be hard. 

Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate it. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NuestraUnion said:

There is no sponsorship for tourist visa. It is a misconception of many foreigners that sponsorship is required. The son will need to apply for a toursist visa on his own merits. The US is interested on the foreigners reasons to return to their home country (ties to home), not why they want to come to the US. If you send in certain documents, it will look like he has stronger reasons to remain in the US than to return home.

Nobody can honestly tell you the chances of him getting a visa. It is all speculation. It is good that he is a medical student. Other things that seem to help is property ownership and good travel history to other countries.

He went to Hongkong last June with his aunt's and cousins and Canada but that was a long time ago. He does not have a property in the our country. So, I guess we will just let him try to apply and just wait for the result after.

3 minutes ago, M&P2016 said:

He went to Hongkong last June with his aunt's and cousins and Canada but that was a long time ago. He does not have a property in the our country. So, I guess we will just let him try to apply and just wait for the result after.

Let us know how it goes.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
4 minutes ago, M&P2016 said:

1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

Let us know how it goes.

I will and thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.