magicalunicornpee

I-751 - Didn't have any utility bills in our names until June. Enough Evidence?

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! 

My husband and I are about to send off to remove the conditions from his residency. Up until June we were living with my mom with no utilities in our name. We just bought a house but I'm worried it's not enough to show financial co-mingling since it's so recent.

Here's what we have so far:

• Copy of change of address sent to me as the sponsor (not sure if we need this, I'm including it mainly because it shows how recent the move is)
  • Copy of 2016 and 2017 IRS Transcripts
  • Letter from bank stating we are joint owners on the our saving and checking account as well as they are active and that they were opened in 2016
  • Copies of voided checks for our joint checking, his checking, my checking all showing the same new address
  • Bank statements every quarter from when account was opened in 2016 until now. 
  • Copy of my driver's license showing my mom's address, copy of his driver's permit showing my mom's address - Since our state will only give him a permit until the expiration date on the card we decided to wait for the one year extension. 
  • Letter from my mom stating living arrangement as well as a copy of her driver's license showing the same address. 
  • Copy of credit card sharing the same credit card number
  • Printout of the authorized user page from another credit card since they give us different credit card numbers. 
  • Copy of insurance cards
  • Letter from benefits company stating active policy, policy number as well as effective date that husband was added. 
  • Letter addressed to our dog that has our last name. The letter was sent to our new address with her rabies certificate. 
  • Copy of documents filed with our employers to be the beneficiary of our life insurance plans they set up for us. 
  • Copy of the purchase agreement of our house as well as the Deed that is filed with the county. 
  • Electricity bill (my name only) - only one since we just bought the house at the end of June 
  • Water bill (my name only) - only one since we just bought the house at the end of June 
  • Verizon bill (our names) - only one since we just bought the house at the end of June 
  • copy of home warranty with both our names on it
  • copy of homeowner policy statement page with both our names on it. 
  • Copy of housewarming card my father in law sent us 
  • Boarding documents for our trips to Venice (honeymoon), Houston (friend's wedding) and England (visiting his family for Christmas)
  • Copies of our camping car/registration passes from when we go on camping trips
  • Tickets to various events we've attended
  • A few wedding cards, anniversary cards, birthday cards, valentines day cards
  • Pictures of our wedding, from camping trips, vacations and general life

Do you think we need more or will this be sufficient? 

Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, milimelo said:

You’re fine with both explanation and the list of evidence. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, milimelo said:

You’re fine with both explanation and the list of evidence. 

This! We have no bills in both our names, mortgages..but we still got approved after an RFE and we sent a lot less evidence than you. lol So I'm sure you will be fine! 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

You have more than enough without any pictures, tickets or any utility bills. What they look for mainly is financial commingling and living together. You have joint bank account, home ownership, tax returns and health insurance. That is major primary evidence there. You can send the bills you have to show living together now as secondary evidence.

21 hours ago, AnGeLxX said:

This! We have no bills in both our names, mortgages..but we still got approved after an RFE and we sent a lot less evidence than you. lol So I'm sure you will be fine! 

Thank you!

20 hours ago, drosha said:

You have more than enough without any pictures, tickets or any utility bills. What they look for mainly is financial commingling and living together. You have joint bank account, home ownership, tax returns and health insurance. That is major primary evidence there. You can send the bills you have to show living together now as secondary evidence.

Thank you!

Your list looks great! I personally would not include the electric and water bills though since they are only under your name. Unless you have another bill under your spouse’s name to match with the addresses on those electric and water bills. Otherwise, they won’t really prove anything and would only be additional paper weight for the IO to deal with imo. You already have joint Verizon phone bills and I believe that should suffice to cover their need for any joint utility bills. It’s up to you...overall, your evidences shows consistency in covering the span of your marriage and shows that you are building a life together. Best wishes in your application 👍🏻

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/9/2018 at 10:09 AM, AnGeLxX said:

Hi. If I may ask, what were the documents you initially submitted? After RFE, what were the other documents? Thank you.

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

RFE: None

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.