2,136 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, MrsBurgz said:

What make you think that? Her husband filed almost month ago and the check hasn't been cashed. Its obvious that the documents are lost. Should he continue to wait until after his GC expire?

no its not obvious the papers are lost as those who already got their noas waited about a month before their checks was cashed. look at the timeline. there are several of us that are still waiting for their checks to be cashed. csc noas are a month delayed from filing, give or take a few days. although there is a slight chance ALL of our paperwork got lost, i would wait a few more days before doing something drastic, ie: stopping the check and refiling.

12-26-15 I-129F sent via USPS First Class Mail
12-30-15 NOA1
01-12-16 NOA1 hardcopy received

02-09-16 NOA2

02-19-16 NVC received

02-24-16 Consulate received

03-10-16 Medical

03-22-16 Interview (approved! yay! :dancing: )

1 minute ago, nngrl said:

no its not obvious the papers are lost as those who already got their noas waited about a month before their checks was cashed. look at the timeline. there are several of us that are still waiting for their checks to be cashed. csc noas are a month delayed from filing, give or take a few days. although there is a slight chance ALL of our paperwork got lost, i would wait a few more days before doing something drastic, ie: stopping the check and refiling.

Don't stop the check payment & don't refile. just wait there more people in same situation like you. Call USCIS, I called them last week and I'll call them tomorrow. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
28 minutes ago, 123Alexch said:

Well I wouldn't have my husband wait until his card expires. But i would not refile and stop payment yet. Mostly they at just delayed? Since I am not the only one in the thread with this problem. If you have been reading the other pages others have filed several days before me yet they still have no noa either.

I hope it isn't misplaced either...

Wow, no I haven't seen that thread.  This is just negligence with uscis. Makes no sense how they could loose paper or forgot to assign case number and mail receipt notices. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, nngrl said:

Gotcha, this is my second round with filing and the checks were  cashed fairly quickly. The horror stories I have read on here with uscis losing documents would make me think the same had happened to her husband's case . I didnt know there are multiple people experiencing this same issue. This is very sad...

17 minutes ago, MrsBurgz said:

Gotcha, this is my second round with filing and the checks were  cashed fairly quickly. The horror stories I have read on here with uscis losing documents would make me think the same had happened to her husband's case . I didnt know there are multiple people experiencing this same issue. This is very sad...

which service center did you use?

csc is the one that is pretty backed up is what i have been reading

Timeline
4 minutes ago, 123Alexch said:

Yeah Vermont is super fast. Cali is the one everyone is having trouble with

Wow, I always thought California was the faster service center.

Fingers crossed that you hear good news soon.

Edited by MrsBurgz

1 minute ago, pic16f84 said:

I have same problem. Package was delivered to CSC on AUG 17th and check not cashed yet. I feel like CSC is forwarding all August / September cases to Phoenix, AZ that's why we have our cases delayed. 

if they do forward the cases,should they not have at least told us?the agents at uscis keep saying no delay at cali。which i feel is a total lie,since it is obvious that a lot of ppl is having the same issue。。。

please update us when you have any news。have you called them yet,since you're already passed the 30 day mark?

23 minutes ago, pic16f84 said:

Since lots of people have same issue, I didn't call yet. Just playing the waiting game. If I will not get response within 60 days since the package was delivered, then I start worry.

when does your green card expire?

my husband's green card expire on the 7th of next month which is why i worry。

if there are no news when it gets closer,we might need to do infopass,but not sure to do it before the green card expires or after。。。

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.