tcy

NVC checklist for marriage certificate and PCC for Bangladesh. Please help me :(

9 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! My interview will be Dhaka USA embassy.  we just received a checklist from NVC. As per NVC something is wrong with my marriage certificate and nikah nama ( Bengali & English version) and it does not fulfil requirements. I'm literally surprised😱 because the same was submitted to USCIS when we started our i-130 application and they validated it and based on same marriage certificate we even got our approval for i130. So I don't understand what's wrong with the document now. I even looked through NVC website to find what might be missing but I can't really identify any possible error apart from 2 things that come to my mind. First, the English translation of my nikah nama doesn't have this line that says "this is a true certified translation from Bengali to english". Next a seal from ministry of foreign affairs is missing.  But is that seal required in Bangladesh? I even consulted an advocate here but he didn't seem it give much importance to MOFA seal. Checklist itself doesn't specify what exactly is wrong with my marriage certificate. I'm so confused!!!

The second checklist was for PCC for Bangladesh. As per them ministry of foreign affairs seal is missing which is absolutely wrong.  There's a seal and we sent both pages of the PCC doc. This second checklist is mere carelessness on the part of that gentleman reviewing our documents :(

Below is snapshot of the checklist I received..Friends help me and guide me as what how should I rectify error fast so that I can get interview date.  Please help me. This long agonizing wait doesn't seem to end 😞😞

IMG_20180731_211658_636.JPG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your translation does not fulfill the requirements listed above

if you believe you have the correct PCC including the MoFA seal, then resend it, otherwise get a new one

also you do not need to make 2 posts to get answers 

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

27 minutes ago, tcy said:

Hi everybody! My interview will be Dhaka USA embassy.  we just received a checklist from NVC. As per NVC something is wrong with my marriage certificate and nikah nama ( Bengali & English version) and it does not fulfil requirements. I'm literally surprised😱 because the same was submitted to USCIS when we started our i-130 application and they validated it and based on same marriage certificate we even got our approval for i130. So I don't understand what's wrong with the document now. I even looked through NVC website to find what might be missing but I can't really identify any possible error apart from 2 things that come to my mind. First, the English translation of my nikah nama doesn't have this line that says "this is a true certified translation from Bengali to english". Next a seal from ministry of foreign affairs is missing.  But is that seal required in Bangladesh? I even consulted an advocate here but he didn't seem it give much importance to MOFA seal. Checklist itself doesn't specify what exactly is wrong with my marriage certificate. I'm so confused!!!

The second checklist was for PCC for Bangladesh. As per them ministry of foreign affairs seal is missing which is absolutely wrong.  There's a seal and we sent both pages of the PCC doc. This second checklist is mere carelessness on the part of that gentleman reviewing our documents :(

Below is snapshot of the checklist I received..Friends help me and guide me as what how should I rectify error fast so that I can get interview date.  Please help me. This long agonizing wait doesn't seem to end 😞😞

IMG_20180731_211658_636.JPG

You don't need foreign affairs seal for marriage or nikkah nama. Bangladeshi marriage certificate is English anyway. You might have issue with translation which should be done by authorized translator. For pcc seal should be at the back of the page as you said you send both side to Nvc. So supposed to be ok. If you think your documents are ok you can call Nvc and ask for supervisor or explain to them that you can't find any problems. This not gonna damage anything. Else make a new nikhan nama transalte copy and send it.

31 minutes ago, Reqahmed said:

You don't need foreign affairs seal for marriage or nikkah nama. Bangladeshi marriage certificate is English anyway. You might have issue with translation which should be done by authorized translator. For pcc seal should be at the back of the page as you said you send both side to Nvc. So supposed to be ok. If you think your documents are ok you can call Nvc and ask for supervisor or explain to them that you can't find any problems. This not gonna damage anything. Else make a new nikhan nama transalte copy and send it.

Thank you very very much for your advice. I badly needed some help! 

I was also thinking same that maybe translation part wasn't accurate enough as that one statement is missing.  

Any idea roughly how many days will it take for me get a new nikah nama and authorised translation?  Do you know names of any authorised translator who can do the job in sylhet ? 

Thanks in advance!! 

3 minutes ago, tcy said:

Thank you very very much for your advice. I badly needed some help! 

I was also thinking same that maybe translation part wasn't accurate enough as that one statement is missing.  

Any idea roughly how many days will it take for me get a new nikah nama and authorised translation?  Do you know names of any authorised translator who can do the job in sylhet ? 

Thanks in advance!! 

I think you got problem with translation which doesn't mentioned that translation is accurate etc. Not sure if there any problem with actual nikhanama which is Bengali. For nikhanama you need to contact local marriage register who performed wedding. Also for authorized translator you can try court area or opposite of course bar in sylhet. This shouldn't take more than few days. Also you can ask any questions at Nvc filers July which might gonna change to Nvc filers August after today.

21 hours ago, Reqahmed said:

I think you got problem with translation which doesn't mentioned that translation is accurate etc. Not sure if there any problem with actual nikhanama which is Bengali. For nikhanama you need to contact local marriage register who performed wedding. Also for authorized translator you can try court area or opposite of course bar in sylhet. This shouldn't take more than few days. Also you can ask any questions at Nvc filers July which might gonna change to Nvc filers August after today.

Yes inshallah I'll have to get translation part sorted out. Is there any particular template/ format one has to follow for translation apart from the fact that it's done through authorised translator and includes necessary statement about accuracy of the translation. 

Thanks again for your help!! :) :)

2 minutes ago, tcy said:

Yes inshallah I'll have to get translation part sorted out. Is there any particular template/ format one has to follow for translation apart from the fact that it's done through authorised translator and includes necessary statement about accuracy of the translation. 

Thanks again for your help!! :) :)

You should follow Nvc's instruction. They said you missed important sentences so take those sentences to authorized translator so he can add those.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.