Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi there again,

I was gathering some information to get myself in order and be prepared for next steps after I get NVC case #. I hope it will help you and maybe some of you will notice some mistakes or that there is sth missing. Feel free to suggest anything :) 

Once I have NVC case number:

Step 1. Fill DS-160

For DS-160 I need:

1.      Digital photo

Step 2. Pay VISA fee

Step 3. Medical examination (blood, x-ray etc.)

Step 4. Schedule interview

To schedule interview I need:

1.      Your case number

2.      A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions). If more than one person is included in your passport, each person desiring a visa must submit an application.

3.      Visa application (MRV) fee payment receipt

4.      DS-160 confirmation page

5.      E-mail address

Step 5. Medical appointment

I need to bring:

1.      Vaccination records

2.      Records of any previous medical history (include surgeries, medications, possible hospitalizations, etc.) if there is sth relevant

3.      Passport as ID proof (or other acceptable forms)  

4.      Visa interview confirmation letter

5.      Payment for Medical Exam

6.      There may be several more requirements listed in the packets.

During the medical appointment request an official copy of the vaccination records from the physician (or a copy of the completed DS-3025 if they will give it to you) as this will be helpful to have on hand in the future (specifically it can be helpful when filing for Adjustment of Status if your DS-3025 form is not available).

Step 6. Bring your ### to an interview 

For an interview I need:

1.      Birth certificate

2.      Passport

3.      Police record

4.      Evidence of petitioner’s domicile in the United States (Birth certificate from babes)

5.      Affidavit of support i-134 with all supporting docs

6.      Evidence of relationship

7.      Two photographs

8.      Letter of intent to marry signed by my bae within 30 days of interview date

9.      Signed-up packet 3 checklist

10.   DS-160 confirmation page

11.   Interview appointment confirmation page

12.   Medical examination (envelope form doctor)

13.   Visa Fee confirmation

Do you think there is anything missing? 

(please note that in my list I didn't include documents mandatory for people who were previously married or have kids)

Kamka

Edited by Kamka

2 hours ago, S_Y said:

Hello! Received NOA2 August 9 -  Curious to see if people are going to submit Packet 3 (after getting case number from NVC/case is "Ready" on tracker) before receiving the actual hard copy in the mail?

Submitting the P3 is only required before you are able to schedule and interview, is only required by some Embassy's. Other Embassy's do not require you return the P3 documentation until such time you are at the Embassy Interview Window standing in front of the adjudicating CO ready to commence the interview. So those who are required will and those who are required will not only because it's not required and the documents can get lost.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Submitting the P3 is only required before you are able to schedule and interview, is only required by some Embassy's. Other Embassy's do not require you return the P3 documentation until such time you are at the Embassy Interview Window standing in front of the adjudicating CO ready to commence the interview. So those who are required will and those who are required will not only because it's not required and the documents can get lost.

Oops by "submit" I meant digitally via email (DS160 + signed checklist + photocopy of biographic page). I've been hearing that sometimes it takes a while to get P3 hardcopy in the mail. I'm hoping to call NVC in a week or two to obtain my case number and hopefully submitting the required P3 documents for Montreal Embassy asap!

2 hours ago, Timofey Bogdanov said:

So how much longer from noa2 to final visa does it usually take?

Like @Tokenfreak states 4-6 weeks is a good estimate.

I could be a little closer but I don't know what Embassy you are processing through. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tokenfreak said:

That's kinda of a hard question to answer as it depends on so many different things and when you can schedule everything.  I was told before it could possibly be 4-6 weeks after NOA2 if you play your cards right.

Your estimate is close for most Embassy's. Now Philippines is a little different and it can be much faster than that, but of course everything has to fall in place without any hiccups. Some one just finished in 22 days from Case number to walking out the Embassy after the approved interview. They followed my instructions, the same ones you have.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 minutes ago, S_Y said:

Oops by "submit" I meant digitally via email (DS160 + signed checklist + photocopy of biographic page). I've been hearing that sometimes it takes a while to get P3 hardcopy in the mail. I'm hoping to call NVC in a week or two to obtain my case number and hopefully submitting the required P3 documents for Montreal Embassy asap!

Montreal is one of the Embassy's that is difficult to process through. I believe that you have to wait till they send you the P3, you gather the documents and then you send them back and then they notify you that it's ok to schedule your interview. That process alone can be 2-4 weeks. You'll see that in the P3 letter in the link below. At least if you take the time to complete everything from this letter and then when you receive the one from MTL then you are just that much further ahead.

For all things dealing with the US Embassy in Canada head on over to the sub forum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 P3 letter at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Montreal is one of the Embassy's that is difficult to process through. I believe that you have to wait till they send you the P3, you gather the documents and then you send them back and then they notify you that it's ok to schedule your interview. That process alone can be 2-4 weeks. You'll see that in the P3 letter in the link below. At least if you take the time to complete everything from this letter and then when you receive the one from MTL then you are just that much further ahead.

For all things dealing with the US Embassy in Canada head on over to the sub forum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 P3 letter at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

Yeah thats what I've been hearing too :( Thankfully everything for P3 is just sent by email. Thanks for the information!

2 hours ago, Jeff & Jenn said:

I am happy to be part of this group here.  Received notice Saturday morning our case was approved on Friday, August 10.  Gathering financial documents now and will complete the affidavit of support.

Welcome to the group. But this area is pretty much people waiting for their case number and they use it as a spring board to the next steps. Speaking of next steps I will include some proving information that will allow you to complete your visa at USEM much faster and without hiccups. On couple did it in 22 days by having all their documents ready before hand and then scheduling Medical, CFO and the Interview in the same week. So here is the information and I highly recommend that once you get your case number move over to the Philippines sub forum where most of us hang to help with the Philippines process. You can ask all the questions there and we have experience and can guide in the right direction. It's better than a lawyer as we don't charge you anything and we don't screw up like lawyers do.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

15 hours ago, Timofey Bogdanov said:

Applied Feb. 16, 2018. Still waiting on mine NOA2. Any clues when it should come?

Any answer you get is going to be a guess. Not much to go on. There are several tools available to you. Go up to Immigration Timelines on the blue ribbon above and select it. Once you are on the next page looked to your left and you will see a box that states, "find similar timelines" and select it. A list will populate with those who are processing close to your timeline. When they start to change you will soon be behind them. Also, there is another place you can go and follow others who are processing the same time you are and for the same Embassy. Go to the blue ribbon at the top of this page and select "portals". Scroll down the left-hand side of the page till you get to VJ "your country's name" Timelines. Just below it you'll see "K-1" so you select it and out pops a window with others from your country.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Welcome to the group. But this area is pretty much people waiting for their case number and they use it as a spring board to the next steps. Speaking of next steps I will include some proving information that will allow you to complete your visa at USEM much faster and without hiccups. On couple did it in 22 days by having all their documents ready before hand and then scheduling Medical, CFO and the Interview in the same week. So here is the information and I highly recommend that once you get your case number move over to the Philippines sub forum where most of us hang to help with the Philippines process. You can ask all the questions there and we have experience and can guide in the right direction. It's better than a lawyer as we don't charge you anything and we don't screw up like lawyers do.

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Thank you very much.  We have done our research and read a lot, so we are feeling comfortable at this point.  We are not in a rush right now as our plans are to schedule medical and interview end of October.  Careful planning and making sure everything is done properly and very well organized is the key to this success.  

Does anyone think it is an issue if they didn't use the right character for one of the characters in my fiancee' middle name on the NOA2 I-797 form?  They used an N instead of a Ñ.

Edited by Tokenfreak

event.png        event.png

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

06/19/2017:  Met online on a dating site (Date in Asia)

11/10/2017:  Met in person 1st time (traveled to Philippines: 11/8/2017 - 11/20/2017)

01/29/2018:  I-129F petition sent to the USCIS Dallas lockbox via USPS

01/31/2018:  I-129F petition delivered and signed by USCIS

02/06/2018:  Check was cashed ($535); Received acceptance confirmation email and text from USCIS; Case being transferred to CSC

02/08/2018:  NOA1 hard copy received via USPS (NOA1 received date: 01/31/2018; NOA1 notice date: 02/05/2018)

08/09/2018:  I-129F petition approved (total wait time: 190 days from received date and 185 days from notice date) 

08/13/2018:  NOA2 hard copy received via USPS

08/22/2018:  NVC received I-129F petition

08/23/2018:  NVC assigned case number

09/03/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 1)

09/04/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 2)

09/04/2018:  NVC sent I-129F petition to embassy

09/05/2018:  Embassy received I-129F petition

09/23/2018:  Met in person 2nd time (traveled to Philippines: 09/21/2018 - 10/07/2018)

09/24/2018:  Interview - Approved! (Interview took 236 days from received date and 231 days from notice date)

09/25/2018:  Attended the CFO - GCP session

09/28/2018:  Visa packet in hand (picked up at Robinson's Mall in Bacolod, Philippines)

10/03/2018:  Flew from BCD to MNL and back to get CFO - GCP sticker

10/06/2018:  POE at JFK airport in New York

10/22/2018:  Received marriage license application (applied on 10/17/2018)

11/07/2018:  Received SSN card (applied on 10/24/2018)

11/10/2018:  Married to my Honeybun!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2018:  Packet sent to the USCIS Chicago lockbox via USPS

11/29/2018:  Packet delivered and signed by USCIS

12/05/2018:  Check was cashed ($1225); Received three acceptance confirmation texts (one for each form) from the USCIS

12/11/2018:  NOA1 hard copies received (one for each form) via USPS (NOA1 received date: 11/29/2018; NOA1 notice date: 12/03/2018)

12/13/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 12/07/2018)

12/26/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment at 9:00am at the USCIS Application Support Center in Charleston, SC

01/02/2019:  AOS case status update:  Ready to schedule interview

01/09/2019:  AOS case status update:  Interview scheduled

01/12/2019:  Interview appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 01/09/2019)

02/19/2019:  Interview for AOS:  I-485 - Approved

02/25/2019:  Green card received in mail

ROC

01/02/2019 *State ID card - Applied and received temporary paper ID....waiting on real physical card ID.

2 hours ago, Tokenfreak said:

Does anyone think it is an issue if they didn't use the right character for one of the characters in my fiancee' middle name on the NOA2 I-797 form?  They used an N instead of a Ñ.

They don't care. Symbols in names are typically ignored. Will NOT effect the issues of a visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Jeff & Jenn said:

Thank you very much.  We have done our research and read a lot, so we are feeling comfortable at this point.  We are not in a rush right now as our plans are to schedule medical and interview end of October.  Careful planning and making sure everything is done properly and very well organized is the key to this success.  

I say plan your work and work your plan gives you success, even if you want to execute your process down to 22 days.  That was an extreme example that if you use the tools I provided you could get through this with very, very little problems. Trust me, we are all going to do it they we see it and we all do what is comfortable for us and our situation.

I wish all the best with smooth sailing ahead.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

They don't care. Symbols in names are typically ignored. Will NOT effect the issues of a visa. 

Ok, thanks I hope this is the case as my fiancee' is really upset about it when I showed her the official paper.  She is worried to death it will delay are case or cause an issue with her visa.  She asked me to call the USCIS for her to see what they would say so I did, but the guy I spoke to didn't know the answer and he told me I would need to speak to a tier 2 support agent.  So he told me I would need to call back Thursday between 8am - 12pm EST and ask for tier 2 support to get my question answered.  I wonder why I have to wait until Thursday?  Shouldn't I be able to call tomorrow between 8am -12pm and get my question answered about it?  Thanks.

event.png        event.png

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

06/19/2017:  Met online on a dating site (Date in Asia)

11/10/2017:  Met in person 1st time (traveled to Philippines: 11/8/2017 - 11/20/2017)

01/29/2018:  I-129F petition sent to the USCIS Dallas lockbox via USPS

01/31/2018:  I-129F petition delivered and signed by USCIS

02/06/2018:  Check was cashed ($535); Received acceptance confirmation email and text from USCIS; Case being transferred to CSC

02/08/2018:  NOA1 hard copy received via USPS (NOA1 received date: 01/31/2018; NOA1 notice date: 02/05/2018)

08/09/2018:  I-129F petition approved (total wait time: 190 days from received date and 185 days from notice date) 

08/13/2018:  NOA2 hard copy received via USPS

08/22/2018:  NVC received I-129F petition

08/23/2018:  NVC assigned case number

09/03/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 1)

09/04/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 2)

09/04/2018:  NVC sent I-129F petition to embassy

09/05/2018:  Embassy received I-129F petition

09/23/2018:  Met in person 2nd time (traveled to Philippines: 09/21/2018 - 10/07/2018)

09/24/2018:  Interview - Approved! (Interview took 236 days from received date and 231 days from notice date)

09/25/2018:  Attended the CFO - GCP session

09/28/2018:  Visa packet in hand (picked up at Robinson's Mall in Bacolod, Philippines)

10/03/2018:  Flew from BCD to MNL and back to get CFO - GCP sticker

10/06/2018:  POE at JFK airport in New York

10/22/2018:  Received marriage license application (applied on 10/17/2018)

11/07/2018:  Received SSN card (applied on 10/24/2018)

11/10/2018:  Married to my Honeybun!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2018:  Packet sent to the USCIS Chicago lockbox via USPS

11/29/2018:  Packet delivered and signed by USCIS

12/05/2018:  Check was cashed ($1225); Received three acceptance confirmation texts (one for each form) from the USCIS

12/11/2018:  NOA1 hard copies received (one for each form) via USPS (NOA1 received date: 11/29/2018; NOA1 notice date: 12/03/2018)

12/13/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 12/07/2018)

12/26/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment at 9:00am at the USCIS Application Support Center in Charleston, SC

01/02/2019:  AOS case status update:  Ready to schedule interview

01/09/2019:  AOS case status update:  Interview scheduled

01/12/2019:  Interview appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 01/09/2019)

02/19/2019:  Interview for AOS:  I-485 - Approved

02/25/2019:  Green card received in mail

ROC

01/02/2019 *State ID card - Applied and received temporary paper ID....waiting on real physical card ID.

1 minute ago, Tokenfreak said:

Ok, thanks I hope this is the case as my fiancee' is really upset about it when I showed her the official paper.  She is worried to death it will delay are case or cause an issue with her visa.  She asked me to call the USCIS for her to see what they would say so I did, but the guy I spoke to didn't know the answer and he told me I would need to speak to a tier 2 support agent.  So he told me I would need to call back Thursday between 8am - 12pm EST and ask for tier 2 support to get my question answered.  I wonder why I have to wait until Thursday?  Shouldn't I be able to call tomorrow between 8am -12pm and get my question answered about it?  Thanks.

The "Ñ" is of Spanish decent and is not used for US documentation purposes. Just like their are symbols in most languages, USCIS is after "plain vanilla" as it works the best. If you read all of the different Embassy Letters I post here for others, it states that all documents must be in English. Hence the answer I gave you. This process is so easy especially for the Philippines. In all my years I have seen things similar to this and they never amount to anything. The CO's at the USEM aren't monsters. If you are honest and you can answer their questions, you're going to be all right. I have gotten a number of Pina's who where just as worried about something contained with in their document and I assured them it was not going to effect the outcome. Most can be fixed at the interview. And when they walk out of USEM with a visa approval, it's not long after that they are on VJ thanking me and telling me how right I was.

Go over to the Philippine sub-forum if you don't believe what I am saying and see what your answer will be. :pop:I'll be waiting.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.