Greenbaum

August 2018 NOA2 -----> NVC

2,040 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, IandM1123 said:

Super thankful for this forum. In a week, my Fiance will get his visa! Thanks, everyone!! See you at the AOS forum soon!

image.thumb.png.760352b8fc29accde4e7f49c3d799620.png

CONGRATULATIONS!!

6 hours ago, SirenandMartin said:

This was in the email appointment confirmation email:

You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter or email you received from the Consular Section.

What is the letter they are talking about? Is it the email that the NVC sent stating our case was forwarded to the embassy?

Thanks in advance xx

I was wondering about this too.. I'm a little unsure, someone linked me to this thread about that: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578521-letter-received-from-the-consular-section/

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

15 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I was wondering about this too.. I'm a little unsure, someone linked me to this thread about that: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578521-letter-received-from-the-consular-section/

That was me that linked you! Hi. Looks like we both had the same idea to check this thread. I also found this: https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/interview-conformation-page-904858/ A different forum where people say: 

"I had my interview yesterday at the embassy. I can confirm that it's the document containing the appointment time/date and the courier details that you need to hand over".

"...the date and time and the courier details is the one you need. Take also the attachment you got in the email after you submitted your DS-260 online." 

(For us it's the DS-160!)

On the link you posted here someone says it is the DS-160 confirmation page. Looks like it is just taking what we have. But it would be good if someone who has been through the process can confirm. 

1 hour ago, chlosicles said:

Just filled in the DS-160, a little bit confusing in places, but got there in the end (hoping I did it all correct!)

Then scheduled my interview! 30th October, two weeks just after my medical!

Am now officially shitting a brick 😂😂

Did you wait until you got your letter from London or just until it was in-transit?

2 hours ago, yaslulu said:

?@Greenbaum hi i was wondering  what needs to be done once i arrive in the usa and after the wedding. is there a thread for it?  

The first thing after about three days from arrival, you should go to social security office and get the beneficiary a SSN which allows them to be put on your health insurance and bank account. After that it's complete marriage and then start the AOS. There is a guide here on VJ. To get there use the "guides" tab on the blue ribbon at the top of the page here on VJ.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

4 minutes ago, sam.e said:

Did you wait until you got your letter from London or just until it was in-transit?

Mine is still in transit, although I checked the DHL tracking today and it was handed over to the embassy.

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, rebnoe said:

My case says ready now! :) My fiance will schedule his medical soon.  When have you guys been filling out the DS-160?  Would it be too early to do it now?

No

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, SCGJ said:

On the Ds-160 form, it asked, "how long do I intend to stay'? based on the fact that it is K1 visa, what do I put?

Haven't seen this before.  are you sure it's the DS 160? Kindly post a screenshot of the question 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello guys, 

I have a question regardless Affidavit of Support.

We might need a joint-sponsor but for us isn't clear in this case what form should we and the joint-sponsor  fill in. Everything is so confusing with this forms I-134, I-864. I thought second one is only for AOS.

Is there anyone who already had an interview with this issue or anyone who knows something abut it?

How true is that for K-1 visa isnt possible joint-sponsor?

I'm freaking out a little...

Thanks in advance 

6 minutes ago, V&R2018 said:

Hello guys, 

I have a question regardless Affidavit of Support.

We might need a joint-sponsor but for us isn't clear in this case what form should we and the joint-sponsor  fill in. Everything is so confusing with this forms I-134, I-864. I thought second one is only for AOS.

Is there anyone who already had an interview with this issue or anyone who knows something abut it?

How true is that for K-1 visa isnt possible joint-sponsor?

I'm freaking out a little...

Thanks in advance 

Your co-sponsor needs to meet the requirement for their own household size plus the foreign fiancé(e). They fill out their own separate I-134 and provide their supporting documentation: most recent tax transcript (or complete copy of return), and proof of current income such as letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs. Add in proof that the co-sponsor is a USC or LPR. Your fiancé(e) will hand your I-134 and supporting documents along with the co-sponsors at the interview when asked for them. The co-sponsor must provide every document required in the I-134 as it does for the applicant, not just "Dads pay stubs". Follow the official instructions for the I-134 and you should then be prepared when asked for the financials. Keep in mind, that every Embassy is different and they do not have to except a co-sponsor.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

6 hours ago, SirenandMartin said:

This was in the email appointment confirmation email:

You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter or email you received from the Consular Section.

What is the letter they are talking about? Is it the email that the NVC sent stating our case was forwarded to the embassy?

Thanks in advance xx

1 hour ago, chlosicles said:

Just filled in the DS-160, a little bit confusing in places, but got there in the end (hoping I did it all correct!)

Then scheduled my interview! 30th October, two weeks just after my medical!

Am now officially shitting a brick 😂😂

37 minutes ago, NowAndThen said:

That was me that linked you! Hi. Looks like we both had the same idea to check this thread. I also found this: https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/interview-conformation-page-904858/ A different forum where people say: 

"I had my interview yesterday at the embassy. I can confirm that it's the document containing the appointment time/date and the courier details that you need to hand over".

"...the date and time and the courier details is the one you need. Take also the attachment you got in the email after you submitted your DS-260 online." 

(For us it's the DS-160!)

On the link you posted here someone says it is the DS-160 confirmation page. Looks like it is just taking what we have. But it would be good if someone who has been through the process can confirm. 

31 minutes ago, sam.e said:

All you United Kingdom People need to go over to the sub-forum for the UK and ask your questions. I have been laughing for the last day or so. It's like you all are in a dark room and your asking each other if you know where the door is. Go where the experts are so you don't make a mistake. Here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/  :thumbs:

P3 instructions for the UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

London Portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

There are experts over in the sub -forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/ where others from your country are processing or they are there after they have finished with everything and can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your co-sponsor needs to meet the requirement for their own household size plus the foreign fiancé(e). They fill out their own separate I-134 and provide their supporting documentation: most recent tax transcript (or complete copy of return), and proof of current income such as letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs. Add in proof that the co-sponsor is a USC or LPR. Your fiancé(e) will hand your I-134 and supporting documents along with the co-sponsors at the interview when asked for them. The co-sponsor must provide every document required in the I-134 as it does for the applicant, not just "Dads pay stubs". Follow the official instructions for the I-134 and you should then be prepared when asked for the financials. Keep in mind, that every Embassy is different and they do not have to except a co-sponsor.

Thank yo so so much for your quick reply ❤️ I'll check those links. 

Any thoughts how to figure out which Embassies are okay with co-sponsor? Should I email them? 

2 hours ago, SCGJ said:

On the Ds-160 form, it asked, "how long do I intend to stay'? based on the fact that it is K1 visa, what do I put?

You put N/A in that field.

Here is a guide that will help you complete the DS-160. Even though it comes from the website of an Embassy that may not be yours it doesn't matter as the DS-160 is a form everyone must complete.

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/jamaica/231771/PDFs/DS-160%20Instructions.pdf

https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/04/ds_160_step_by_step_guide.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 minutes ago, V&R2018 said:

Thank yo so so much for your quick reply ❤️ I'll check those links. 

Any thoughts how to figure out which Embassies are okay with co-sponsor? Should I email them? 

If your income is at or above the poverty level guidelines then you do not need a co-sponsor unless your Embassy will ask for one at the interview. Most don't require a co-sponsor if you meet or exceed the guidelines. There is no official listing of who does or doesn't except a co-sponsor.

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.