2,949 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Sanchi said:

hello all, I need help. My I-485 was denied but I applied for VAWA and my receipt date is 5/14/18. I have not heard anything since then. My attorney has tried multiple times calling Vermont and even sent an email but he has been unable to reach anyone. What can I do? Thanks a lot

Did you, at least, receive your receipt notices? I filed in July and received receipt notices/RFE/Advance parole. 

Mmmm ... I read timelines vary.

9 hours ago, Tortmaster said:

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your experience! Best of luck to you with your new life!

Thank you! I pray you come out smiling as well. 

Do you guys know of any good VAWA lawyer in the South Florida area? My VAWA was just approved and I know I have about a year to wait for the interview but I want to go with a lawyer. I'm hesitant because throughout this process I have had so many bad experiences with bad lawyers. Any advice? 

29 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Do you guys know of any good VAWA lawyer in the South Florida area? My VAWA was just approved and I know I have about a year to wait for the interview but I want to go with a lawyer. I'm hesitant because throughout this process I have had so many bad experiences with bad lawyers. Any advice? 

Law office of Juan Madrid 3053715702 tell them that Alejandro recommend you, I’m a Vawa Filler as well 

On 8/31/2018 at 9:08 AM, iwillsurvive said:

As I said before, you need to submit clearance of places where you LIVED at for SIX MONTHS or more starting 3 years prior to your I-360 filing date. 

If you submitted I-360 without police clearance, you will receive an RFE for it. Since you filed in January 2018, you will probably not hear anything until May 2019. It is best to request the police clearances now, so that you can respond to the RFE as fast as possible if you get one. 

From what you describe it sounds like you beed police clearance from your home country. If you only lived in one state since you moved to the US, then you only need clearance from that state. If you lived in multiple states for 6 months or more, then you need to request clearance from each of those states. 

Thank uou so much about your help .

i already let My country someone’s help me get police clearance report 

I will be go to get in Houston Texas clearance report 

do you know what is “Good moral character”, 

i saw many people need submit this .i have not submit this USCIS 

2 hours ago, Claudia16049 said:

Thank uou so much about your help .

i already let My country someone’s help me get police clearance report 

I will be go to get in Houston Texas clearance report 

do you know what is “Good moral character”, 

i saw many people need submit this .i have not submit this USCIS 

To prove that you are a person of good moral character, you need to submit police clearance from all places you lived in for 6 or more months 3 years prior to filing I-360. You have to prove that you are a good person basically and not a criminal. 

Hi everyone,

I need you help please,

I filed my i-360 back in April 2017. Today I received an RFE for a shared residence. They said I submitted a joint lease, but the landlord did not sign. I double checked the lease and was true the landlord did not sign it and I submitted it blindly without noticing that.

My concern right now is how can I get the proof that we lived together when the incident happened. The thing is we really lived together but the issue is the lease was not signed with the landlord and now it looks like is not an evidence anymore.

I have tried to contact the rental property office to ask for the copy of the lease which showed that the landlord signed it but the receptionist is rude and had be so rude. She is a very hard person to deal with. She said she does not have the copy with her and she keeps copies of past leases in a storage and with the tone that she will not waste her time to go and get that copy for me. I told her that I have the lease but was not signed by the landlord and she said I can drop it and the landlord will sign it once he gets there and then said the land lord is out of town and comes there once in a week and she does not know when exactly the landlord will show up. 

Do you think if the landlord perhaps signs it, will it be enough evidence to show that we resided together? Can I also ask them to write for me a certified letter showing that me and him resided together for that period? Or do you think by only signing a lease would be enough? She also said for her to write a letter for me, she would need someone to send her a verification letter to release information to them of which I do not know where to get that letter from.

From the other evidence options requested, I can ask my mom, young sister and a friend to write affidavits that they were aware that me and my ex-husband lived together. My mom and my young sister live in my country, and by them writing affidavits of being aware that we lived together, do you think that will be another strong evidence since they are not living here?

I am aware that I have to write a self-affidavit explaining why we did not have common address for the insurance, taxes and bank account, but I need help on how I can prove that I resided with my ex husband on that period of time. My utilities were all included on the rental agreement, so far looks like I do not have another evidence apart from that

Please help

@GWMAW If I were you, I would get the lease signed, write a good and concise one page explaining explaining you lived together and utilities were included.Try to get something from the landlord that verifies he rents with utilities  included.

I would also get affidavits from family members, and think hard if I could get any other piece of evidence: Costco card, gym or church membership, Christmas cards...

Updating everyone on my EAD c9 renewal:

-Fedex received and signed by USCIS on 8/16.

-Receipt date 8/16

-NOA date 8/24

-Hard copy received by attorney 9/11

Despite my telling the paralegal to file with Vermont, she sent it to Chicago (very frustrating).

My receipt number starts with MSC, and they also sent a letter saying no new biometrics needed. They will use my previous one. Both letters states the automatic 180 days extension. 

Online it says: “Fingerprint review was completed”. 

I am turning in this paperwork to my HR and will be one less thing to worry about. 

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Edited by escape

1 hour ago, escape said:
1 hour ago, escape said:

@GWMAW If I were you, I would get the lease signed, write a good and concise one page explaining explaining you lived together and utilities were included.Try to get something from the landlord that verifies he rents with utilities  included.

I would also get affidavits from family members, and think hard if I could get any other piece of evidence: Costco card, gym or church membership, Christmas cards...

Thanks for your advice @escape

1 hour ago, escape said:

Edited by GWMAW

@GWMAW you are very welcome! Wishing you all the best in putting this paperwork together!

I’m a June 2017 filer, got a few “We are still reviewing your case” updates, and prima facie renewals. Trying not to get too anxious, and trusting God is in control of everything. 

Edited by escape

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.