Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, p-ana said:

Immunizations for a k1 are not required, yes, but then they are for aos. People can waive getting the vaccines at their k1 medical. I would not recommend it.

brazilians can get most of the vaccines at a posto de saúde for free, I believe only the dtap and flu are not available, so you’d need to get those at a private clinic, it’s kinda expensive but it’s much better to have it done before/ at k1 medical or else when the person gets here they will have to go for a uscis approved doctor and they are way more expensive here and also can require a whole other medical. 

Do a search here on vj and you can see which vaccines are required.

My fiancée has tried to get them free in brazil but they give priority to infants who need vaccines 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chair_force1 said:

My fiancée has tried to get them free in brazil but they give priority to infants who need vaccines 

Idk where your fiancee lives. But if she lives in a bigger city, tell her to try going to a "posto de saúde" in a different neighborhood. In 2015 I tried getting a shot and they would not give it to me. Then I went to another neighborhood and was able to get it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RickE said:

Is CASV one day before interview enough time? There’s no openings in São Paulo or Rio earlier. Thanks 

Yes. One day before is fine. I scheduled my interview for November 6th and the CASV for November 5th.

17 hours ago, Chair_force1 said:

14 hours ago, SilverMonk said:

Idk where your fiancee lives. But if she lives in a bigger city, tell her to try going to a "posto de saúde" in a different neighborhood. In 2015 I tried getting a shot and they would not give it to me. Then I went to another neighborhood and was able to get it.

They only restrict vaccines when they’re low on them in the entire country. It’s very odd they didn’t give her any, though. As suggested, tell her to go to another posto de saúde. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Okay, good to see some current conversation here. We live in Fortaleza and are petitioning for my (53-year-old) wife's visa. The nearest visa doctor is in Recife - 780 km away. So our interview being scheduled for Rio, I need to know what medical requirements can be taken care of locally (Fortaleza) and which need to be taken care of in Rio. We have a health plan here and are registered with a public health clinic nearby. If we can take care of all the requirements before leaving for Rio I hope we can avoid excess expenses with the visa doctor in Rio. Can someone describe what vaccinations are needed to pass the exam?

Edited by James D

Timeline

So, my fiance was approved for his visa and he received it yesterday but the Petitioner's last name(mine) on the visa is missing my first last name( i have two). does anyone know what should be done in this case. I already emailed Rio but i have to wait 3 days for a response.

Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Chair_force1 said:

Has anyone received an actual email

from the consulate stating they have received your case and it’s ready for processing?  Do some people get them

and some don’t ?

I did not receive the email. I sent an inquiry via email to the embassy and they replied with the email two days later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.