K&N10

Documentation ready to send

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello!

We are ready to send all the documentatios required but we want to make sure we have everything, here is a list of what we got. If you all can help telling us what else we need or what we are missing it would be really appreciated. Thank you 

Payment receipet

G-1145

I-129F

Passport style photo- Petitioner

Passport style photo- Bneficiary

Birth certificate- petitioner

Marital status sworn statement- beneficiary

Us passport- petitioner

Letter certifying intent to marry- petitioner

Letter certifying intent to marry- beneficiary

Court and police background- petitioner

Proof of having met in person in the past 2 years  (pictures, cards, whatsapp conversations, phone calls, tickets, passport stamps)

Affidavit of support of family and friends

How we met letter by the beneficiary

14 minutes ago, K&N10 said:

Marital status sworn statement- beneficiary

Affidavit of support of family and friends

These aren't needed for the I-129F.

An Affidavit of Support is commonly meant to refer to an I-134 or I-864 to address the public charge concern. I don't think that's what you meant here...just wanted to point out the terminology as you'll be seeing it more often later in the K-1 and AOS processes. And to be clear, neither the I-134 nor I-864 is needed with the I-129F filing.

Affidavits carry very little to no weight in terms of relationship evidence. Depending on the embassy/consulate involved, frontloading other relationship evidence may be suggested.

14 minutes ago, K&N10 said:

Proof of having met in person in the past 2 years  (pictures, cards, whatsapp conversations, phone calls, tickets, passport stamps)

Cards, conversations, and phone calls aren't evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years. They can be sent as part of frontloading relationship evidence, but do nothing towards the 2 year meeting requirement (anybody can say they met, but USCIS is looking for evidence).

The tickets and passport stamps are good to include. I would also suggest receipts if you have them.

Photos are secondary evidence...perfectly fine to include, but putting a verifiable time + place is difficult on their own.

How we met letter by the beneficiary

If the answer doesn't fit on the I-129F, a short statement about how you met is fine to include. Who writes it doesn't matter. They just want to know if you met through an IMB or not...and if via a dating website, they will often ask for evidence that the website/service is not an IMB (ToS, privacy policy, etc.).

Also, I would include a cover letter detailing what is in the packet.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 24/7/2018 at 10:39 AM, geowrian said:

These aren't needed for the I-129F.

An Affidavit of Support is commonly meant to refer to an I-134 or I-864 to address the public charge concern. I don't think that's what you meant here...just wanted to point out the terminology as you'll be seeing it more often later in the K-1 and AOS processes. And to be clear, neither the I-134 nor I-864 is needed with the I-129F filing.

Affidavits carry very little to no weight in terms of relationship evidence. Depending on the embassy/consulate involved, frontloading other relationship evidence may be suggested.

Cards, conversations, and phone calls aren't evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years. They can be sent as part of frontloading relationship evidence, but do nothing towards the 2 year meeting requirement (anybody can say they met, but USCIS is looking for evidence).

The tickets and passport stamps are good to include. I would also suggest receipts if you have them.

Photos are secondary evidence...perfectly fine to include, but putting a verifiable time + place is difficult on their own.

If the answer doesn't fit on the I-129F, a short statement about how you met is fine to include. Who writes it doesn't matter. They just want to know if you met through an IMB or not...and if via a dating website, they will often ask for evidence that the website/service is not an IMB (ToS, privacy policy, etc.).

Also, I would include a cover letter detailing what is in the packet.

thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.