WeGuyGal

Wh House tour while I751 pending

13 posts in this topic

This is probably a long shot.. but I'm curious if anyone's done a WH public tour (inside the complex) with the i551 stamp in the passport? 

The CBP recognizes the i551 stamp, and the stamp is legal authorization for work, but anyone reading this share any input if the secret service is familiar with ROC/i551 stamp? 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Why would it be a problem? I toured the WH in 2000 on a B1/B2. I don't even think they asked for ID that time.

I don't think your I551 stamp is likely to get the metal detector sirens blaring!

AOS, ROC, N-400, & PASSPORT, FOR HUSBAND TO USC

[02/23, 2012]  - DAY 001  (day 0001) (AOS) Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[06/01, 2012]  - 
DAY 099  (day 0099) 2-year Conditional GC in hand
[05/05, 2014]  - DAY 001  (day 0802) (ROC) Mailed package to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

[05/14, 2014]  - DAY 009  (day 0811) Received NOA1 (GC Extended for 1 year)

[01/14, 2016]  - DAY 620  (day 1421) 10-year GC in hand

[02/22, 2017]  - DAY 001  (day 1826) (N-400) Mailed package to Lewisville, TX, via USPS overnight

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 323  (day 2149) (N-400) Naturalization Oath Ceremony (5 years, 10 months, 19 days)

[01/10, 2018]  - DAY 001  (day 2149) (US Passport) Applied for US Passport, regular processing

01/25, 2018]  - DAY 015  (day 2164) (US Passport) Passport in hand (5 years, 11 months, 3 days from start of Journey.)

AOS, N-400, & PASSPORT FOR DAUGHTER [OF HUSBAND TO USC]

[06/14, 2013] - DAY 001 Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS overnight
[11/21, 2013] - Day 153 SSN and 10-year GC in hand

09/01, 2021]  - (day 3001) (US Passport) Passport in hand (8 years, 2 months, 18 days from start of Journey.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

6 minutes ago, BlessedAssurance said:

Why would it be a problem? I toured the WH in 2000 on a B1/B2. I don't even think they asked for ID that time.

I don't think your I551 stamp is likely to get the metal detector sirens blaring!

Well last I checked, things have changed a tad since 2000.. Remember 9-11-2001?  /sarcasm mode off

I have toured the WH too a couple of times in the past, that was several years ago, and you just walk off the street towards security. The process now is very, very different, and one written requirement is LPRs must present a valid green card and passport. Therein lies my curiosity about usss' familiarity with that stamp. 

I-751 journey

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
46 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

This is probably a long shot.. but I'm curious if anyone's done a WH public tour (inside the complex) with the i551 stamp in the passport?

Not a problem; looks like even illegals with valid foreign passports can enter.

From the White House Tours & Events website, https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/tours-events/:

Forms of Identification

All guests 18 years of age or older will be required to present a valid, government-issued photo identification (detailed below). All foreign nationals must present their passport. All other forms of foreign identification will not be accepted.

All information submitted (e.g. name, date of birth, city, etc.) must exactly match the government-issued photo ID you will present when arriving at the White House.

The following forms of photo ID are acceptable for presentation to USSS upon entry to the White House complex:

• Valid government-issued United States identification card (e.g. drivers license, military ID, etc.)
  • Valid United States or other official government-issued passports

No other forms of identification will be accepted; photocopies, expired IDs, or other transmissions of these documents are NOT valid.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

26 minutes ago, BlessedAssurance said:

2000 was a long time ago as far as security goes .. and pre 2001.  The website indicates you need a passport or other govt issued photo ID. Just use your national passport. All overseas visitors would do this ... no need to be a USC or LPR 

Allow me to expand on my original post.. has anyone with a pending ROC/I-551 stamp done the WH tour in recent years, or know anyone who has? 

**I have read through the requirements. How familiar would they be with the stamp as valid? That's all I am asking. 

I-751 journey

6 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

Allow me to expand on my original post.. has anyone with a pending ROC/I-551 stamp done the WH tour in recent years, or know anyone who has? 

**I have read through the requirements. How familiar would they be with the stamp as valid? That's all I am asking. 

They wont  care about the stamp.. they will be using the passport for ID not a status check.. 

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, WeGuyGal said:

In a random group there will likely be some who are familiar with that stamp and some who will ask you what it is or means.  Not a question that can be 100% accurately answered here.  Answer applies to random groups of airline employees and random groups of US employers - both have been brought up on this site by various posters. 

What you want to understand is that as a foreign national at a minimum you need to present your passport and if you can add a valid state drivers license to that it would probably be a bonus.

Thanks all for your posts. I was looking for someone with first hand experience, which was a long shot anyways. 

Will come back and update in due course. 

I-751 journey

6 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

Thanks all for your posts. I was looking for someone with first hand experience, which was a long shot anyways. 

Will come back and update in due course. 

Can I ask what you are seeing, reading regarding taking a tour of the WH that has prompted the question about the I 551 stamp? 

28 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Can I ask what you are seeing, reading regarding taking a tour of the WH that has prompted the question about the I 551 stamp? 

We signed up for a group WH tour through a congressional office, and put USC/LPR status when providing our info. 

Edit: It'll be a public tour. 

Edited by WeGuyGal

I-751 journey

3 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

We signed up for a group WH tour through a congressional office, and put USC/LPR status when providing our info. 

Edit: It'll be a public tour. 

Ahhhh OK. Do you have your NOA1, extension letter and or expired GC.. the passport stamp will have your A number on it which connects the stamp to the GC. And extension 

Edited by Dee elle

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

We did the WH tour without any issues. Enjoyed it! 

All they did was verify our names with a picture ID when accessing the complex. 

I-751 journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.