ShadowKeeper

What is in the packet for the k-1 visa from the Manila Consulate

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are about to get our K-1 Visa paperwork sent from the NVC to the Manila Consulate. I read a lot about getting a head start on the medical examination, Immunization records and required immunizations, and "Instruction Package" and "Appointment Package". Can anyone who is ahead of us that has a fiance from the Philippines, using the Manila Consulate have an example of what was sent to them, are a link to an example. Also my fiance is from an area and time when there are no records of prior immunizations, I am also trying to get a head start on the immunization requirements. Any help that can be given will be much appreciated.

Timeline

I received the "packet" by email yesterday but I had already finished with my medical exam and have filed my DS-160 and scheduled my interview. You don't have to wait for the mysterious packet. As long as you have the case number you can go ahead and do the medical and schedule the interview. 

Most people here say the packet never arrives by mail. I followed the instructions on these websites. They're very helpful. Read through this http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html and this http://dennyeyberg.wixsite.com/filipino-am-visa As for the immunizations, I got it done on the second day of the medical. I no longer have my baby book with me so no record of immunizations. It wasn't a problem at all. The doctors will say which vaccines she will need to get done and all of these are included in the medical exam fee. I think getting it done prior to the medical will just be an added expense.

Blessings on your visajourney! :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeap! Dont wait for that packet. I received it ( letter from the embassy that my petition is approved) after my interview. They send a copy of that through the petitioner's email tho, just send that to your fiancee and have her print that out. She can bring it to her interview in which they rarely ask for it. 

*~*~*country-specific question moved to Philippines regional forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, ShadowKeeper said:

We are about to get our K-1 Visa paperwork sent from the NVC to the Manila Consulate. I read a lot about getting a head start on the medical examination, Immunization records and required immunizations, and "Instruction Package" and "Appointment Package". Can anyone who is ahead of us that has a fiance from the Philippines, using the Manila Consulate have an example of what was sent to them, are a link to an example. Also my fiance is from an area and time when there are no records of prior immunizations, I am also trying to get a head start on the immunization requirements. Any help that can be given will be much appreciated.

No packet .. just a letter IF you receive it.  Everything is online.   There is a link to a copy of the letter here, along with info on the complete process in Manila >  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

i just got approve from k1 interview and just waiting for my visa and passport and i will have my cfo seminar this coming friday.. my suggestion is read everything in www.ustraveldocs. com/ph/ and make alot of calls its better to ask everuthing you want to know from US embassy call center because thats what i did and i just follow everything they say.. first thing we did after our papers got approve by uscis(it took 6 months and he was with me that time) and uscis said they will forward it to nvc then after a few weeks we got a letter from nvc(my fiance is already back in US) and my fiance told me to pay mrv, so i could schedule for appointment for interview and medical (there are some forms that you need to filled out) and of course you need to get ready bunch of documents.. but dont worry so much because i had so much worries when we did our application because we didnt ask any attorney help.. everything are easy to do just follow the instructions.. good luck! 

Timeline

I want to thank everyone with all the information I received, it's been very helpful. I do have one other question I haven't found in the guides, how did you schedule your doctor and the interview, as in were you able to schedule them close together into one trip, are did your fiance have to make 2 trips from her home Island to Manila to complete this part of the process? 

Thank you for any information you can give me in advance.

Timeline
On 7/18/2018 at 5:05 AM, gaski said:

i just got approve from k1 interview and just waiting for my visa and passport and i will have my cfo seminar this coming friday.. my suggestion is read everything in www.ustraveldocs. com/ph/ and make alot of calls its better to ask everuthing you want to know from US embassy call center because thats what i did and i just follow everything they say.. first thing we did after our papers got approve by uscis(it took 6 months and he was with me that time) and uscis said they will forward it to nvc then after a few weeks we got a letter from nvc(my fiance is already back in US) and my fiance told me to pay mrv, so i could schedule for appointment for interview and medical (there are some forms that you need to filled out) and of course you need to get ready bunch of documents.. but dont worry so much because i had so much worries when we did our application because we didnt ask any attorney help.. everything are easy to do just follow the instructions.. good luck! 

Is there a USA number are do you have to make international calls to contact the embassy call center?

23 minutes ago, ShadowKeeper said:

I want to thank everyone with all the information I received, it's been very helpful. I do have one other question I haven't found in the guides, how did you schedule your doctor and the interview, as in were you able to schedule them close together into one trip, are did your fiance have to make 2 trips from her home Island to Manila to complete this part of the process? 

check this sit https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

youll learn more about the step by step

and for medical exam visit this site http://www.slec.ph/#

Timeline
36 minutes ago, ShadowKeeper said:

It is easy to do both within the same week.  

Schedule the interview online.

Medical is walk-in first come, first served.

There is info here (along with the phone number for the calling from the USA)

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, ShadowKeeper said:

Is there a USA number are do you have to make international calls to contact the embassy call center?

if you are in manils you dont need to make international call unless you have questions from USCIS..visit https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/ for more info

7 hours ago, ShadowKeeper said:

i suggest do medical first(but depends to availability of your time).. medical exam and interview appointment must be scheduled online but without paying mrv you wont be able to make interview appointment or medical exam..visit the sites that i posted to somewhere of your post..god bless

Timeline
1 hour ago, gaski said:

i suggest do medical first(but depends to availability of your time).. medical exam and interview appointment must be scheduled online but without paying mrv you wont be able to make interview appointment or medical exam..visit the sites that i posted to somewhere of your post..god bless

Medical MUST be completed before the interview.   

Medical is a walk-in, no appt.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Medical MUST be completed before the interview.   

Medical is a walk-in, no appt.

but you need to register online to get your registration confirmation because you need that when you are going to st lukes medical center extension clinic for medical exam

Timeline

My fiance is concerned that she  never read about a CFO Orientation Seminar before, did anyone have to take this to be able to leave the Philippines?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.