jdaveh

Transit Visa

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Still going to look for flights everywhere to get best price. I think after reading Ksenia published UK could be a problem. Jamaica is a visa free country for Ukrainians therefore they will not have any type of visa. Would airfare and accommodations reservations be enough in Uk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, jdaveh said:

Still going to look for flights everywhere to get best price. I think after reading Ksenia published UK could be a problem. Jamaica is a visa free country for Ukrainians therefore they will not have any type of visa. Would airfare and accommodations reservations be enough in Uk?

You should check it with Airline you are booking tickets with. It all depends: how long is layover, will they have to switch airports.  If they don't , then if  they have to get their bags to check them in to their onward flight., which means going though border control. 

https://www.gov.uk

You may try to contact them.. I remember I e-mailed my questions, and got my answers, along with Aircompany. But it was years ago..

Good luck!!!

Timeline

Can't find an e-mail anymore, but this is from their website

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y

Check if you need a UK visa:

Will you pass through UK border control?

You always pass through border control if you:

• leave the main airport building for any reason
  • need to collect your bags and check them in to your onward flight

You must also pass through border control if both:

• your onward flight leaves on a different calendar day to when you arrive
  • there’s nowhere for you to stay overnight in the airport, for example in a transit hotel

Check with your airline if you’re not sure if you’ll pass through border control.

Timeline

Right now seems Frankfurt will be best. Yes they have Biometric passports. Flights from Kiev to London go to Heathrow, flight to Montego Bay from London are from Gatwick.

Thanks for the input. Will look into canada

Timeline
1 minute ago, jdaveh said:

Right now seems Frankfurt will be best. Yes they have Biometric passports. Flights from Kiev to London go to Heathrow, flight to Montego Bay from London are from Gatwick.

Thanks for the input. Will look into canada

You are welcome .

Canada - transit visa, regardless. It works a little bit different, not like the UK..... Nothing is gonna be easy, right? :) 

Timeline

All of this; from K1 Visa to AOS  as well as international travel with my wife has made me see how different things are here and how difficult things can be for people from certain countries. But worth it    ))))))

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jdaveh said:

All of this; from K1 Visa to AOS  as well as international travel with my wife has made me see how different things are here and how difficult things can be for people from certain countries. But worth it    ))))))

Wait. You have not been at I-751 stage, yet . Looking back, I-129F  and AOS seem like  two beautiful  journeys! And now I understand THAT was quick :)

But I agree - worth it! 

Anyway, good luck with you research, getting tickets!!! 

Timeline

751 in February. We did go to Ukrainian Embassy in DC and get my wifes passport updated to biometric. Nothing in the filing has been that difficult, just the wait and tedious paperwork. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, jdaveh said:

751 in February. We did go to Ukrainian Embassy in DC and get my wifes passport updated to biometric. Nothing in the filing has been that difficult, just the wait and tedious paperwork. 

yeah, I was talking about wait.. I-751 currently takes up to 20.5 months if you are "lucky' California filer.

Atlanta goes to Vermont and the office is quicker, currently - up to 16.5 months to process I-751.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.